Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixture Madness

Just been looking at what fixtures are coming up in Div 1 and noticed that South Park are due to have games on Tues, Weds, Thurs and Sat next week!!!

They have only played one game less than us, but after our game next Tues we then don't play for 11 days (including the Sat off).........I know Whitelaw does a great job in re-arranging all the postponments, but this does seem a little mad :smashfreakb:

That sounds very odd!! Last week we were due to play Feltham on Wednesday 31st and then Ashford Town in the Southern Combination Cup on thursday the 1st! But we pulled out of this cup due to that and availability of players etc!

I think three games in three days is harsh and I'm sure this will get changed.

Next week we play Farnham on Thursday the 15th and the play two days before on Tuesday 13th. So I'm guessing they'll play Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in those eight days!!

Heard a whisper last night that Croydon Ath v Sutton Utd have been told by Surrey F.A. that their Surrey Senior Cup game must be played by Saturday 10th April,or they will both be thrown out of the Competition.Winners play Badshot Lea.

I've had a look at South Park's fixtures and whilst they are playing on Tuesday and Thursday of next week, they are not playing on Wednesday. It is not ideal and very tough on clubs to have to play twice in any one midweek but it has been an exceptional season and part of the problem is that some grounds suffer far more than others which inevitably leads to a degree of imbalance in the fixtures.

Also, of course, in Div 1, there is an odd number of clubs so if there is a full programme of matches, there is always going to be one club without a match. That, coupled with restrictions that can occur from ground sharing also doesn't help sometimes.

Heard a whisper last night that Croydon Ath v Sutton Utd have been told by Surrey F.A. that their Surrey Senior Cup game must be played by Saturday 10th April,or they will both be thrown out of the Competition.Winners play Badshot Lea.

Both Croydon & Sutton websites show the game is being played tonight - weather looks promising so hopefully it should go ahead

Both Croydon & Sutton websites show the game is being played tonight - weather looks promising so hopefully it should go ahead

The other semi is tonight, Godalming v AFC Wimbledon. I expect a Godalming win as it will be Wimbledon ressies, due to the first team playing at York last night. Although judging by the 5-0 drubbing, maybe they didn't turn up after all :(

I've had a look at South Park's fixtures and whilst they are playing on Tuesday and Thursday of next week, they are not playing on Wednesday. It is not ideal and very tough on clubs to have to play twice in any one midweek but it has been an exceptional season and part of the problem is that some grounds suffer far more than others which inevitably leads to a degree of imbalance in the fixtures.

Also, of course, in Div 1, there is an odd number of clubs so if there is a full programme of matches, there is always going to be one club without a match. That, coupled with restrictions that can occur from ground sharing also doesn't help sometimes.

Apologies, just looked at the unofficial site again and they have the South Park v Farleigh fixture as being played on both the Tue and Wed......hence the confusion :brille008:

I know its mental the games coming up, but it more or less the same for everyone! This season has been exceptionally bad for weather....most of our team play on Sundays as well so will have 6 games in 9 days!! We still think we've got a chance of getting 3rd or 4th, 4th being more realistic, but cant see it with so many games coming up.

Hi Molly11,

We've got the same issue with regards to number of games to be played each week. Our club (including Sunday team) has played Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday this week and we are also playing Chobham tonight.

We are doing our best to rotate players, but it will be a tough end to the season.

Between today, 8th. April to 12th May, between Dorking FC and Bookham, Meadowbank hosts ELEVEN matches.

.... and that's not including the DFC Under 18's squad.

At least the weather looks like it's turning for the better.

I actually managed to give the from lawn a decent cut this afternoon.

I think we should all club together and buy Alan C some headache pills! I can imagine his despair every time he gets the phone calls or emails to say yet another game has been postponed.

He always does really well in getting fixtures re-arranged as soon as they're called off and we're lucky to have him when you consider the Wessex league, which is all floodlit, is basically giving up trying to get all their games in.

http://sport4salisbury.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2670:breaking-newsleague-sanctions-cancellations-and-allows-0-0-draws-in-bid-to-solve-fixture-pile-up&catid=36:sydenhams-wessex-league&Itemid=272

That piece says that some teams still have six or seven games to play before the end of the month. That's nothing. We've got teams with 13 games yet to play but, hopefully, the CCL won't have to go down the route of awarding 'meaningless' games as a 0-0 without them being played.

SSC Semi Final Result: Godalming 2-0 AFC Wimbledon

Sutton currently 4-0 up at Croydon Athletic, so fairly safe to say they will face Badshot Lea in the other semi.

SSC Semi Final Result: Godalming 2-0 AFC Wimbledon

Sutton currently 4-0 up at Croydon Athletic, so fairly safe to say they will face Badshot Lea in the other semi.

SUTTON won 6-0