Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rearrangements

Windsor_Sec

Well as you've probably seen or heard the season has been extended by two days.

This means the following games which were postponed recently will be played as follows:-

Bishops Cleeve away Tuesday 13th 7.45pm

Uxbridge away Thursday 15th 7.45pm

Bedfont Green home Thursday 22nd 7.45pm

VT FC home Monday 26th 7.45pm {Apologies to the Supporters Club as I know this clashes with the Race Meeting at Windsor Races but, unfortunately, VT just couldn't slot in anywhere else!].

These are all now confirmed dates so let's pray for no more bad weather !!

This is ridiulous, how the hell have the league agreed to this. All leagues make sure they finish with all games being played at the same time. Especially out of order as there is a reasonable chance of there being important issues riding on this game. Not only for us regarding top spot, but also for VT and the play off places. How are the others in those place going to take this if a nice cosy draw suits you both.

This is ridiulous, how the hell have the league agreed to this. All leagues make sure they finish with all games being played at the same time. Especially out of order as there is a reasonable chance of there being important issues riding on this game. Not only for us regarding top spot, but also for VT and the play off places. How are the others in those place going to take this if a nice cosy draw suits you both.

:)

Agree 100% we'd be screaming blue murder if it was the other way around. The league should of done it months ago and then at least everyone would be able to make arrangements. I'm guessing there isnt even time to complain about it?

It's also bizzare they play offs have not been put back. VT or indeed us could only have two days to prepare for a play off game!!

The league has shot itself in the foot by doing this so late!!

Bishops Cleeve away Tuesday 13th 7.45pm

Uxbridge away Thursday 15th 7.45pm

Bedfont Green home Thursday 22nd 7.45pm

VT FC home Monday 26th 7.45pm

And I'll be extremely grateful for any reports and/or video of our winning goals... work have ensured that I'll miss pretty much all of those two weeks. :(

I'll just hope for automatic promotion to keep me smiling...:smilewinkgrin:

I'm amazed the league can suddenly do this, its crazy. What a bunch of assholes. If I were Totton, Cirencester, Bridgwater and Co I'd object strongly to this. Tough luck VT FC, you cant play/fulfill a league fixture before the season end you lose the points...simple as. Play your ressies in the league cup final and your 1st team in a league game instead on the same night. Play consecutive nights, play twice on the same day it's just tough luck. If we have to play consecutive days, tough luck.

Andover played VT FC on consecutive days recently, if they'd have known the season was going to be extended they could have asked for a gap between those games?

The knock on effect and implications are endless for clubs, players and SUPPORTERS.

What next - postponing games the day before thus avoiding 700 mile round trips?

I have to agree with Stag Whippet! This is a very poor decision to play the VTFC game after everyone else has finished. Totten deserve better than this after the run they have put together! I'm desperate for Windsor to be promoted but do it fairly! Lets just hope that one way or another everything has been decided before th VTFC game!

I think all us fair-minded Windsor supporters would agree with that.

I guess we'll take it though.

It makes a bit of a mockery of the Midlands division too, with Hitchin playing their last game of the season after Bury and Burnham finish on the Saturday.

Mind you, Rothwell have got to squeeze in 12 games between now and 26th!

Couldnt agree more Stag Whippet. A diabolacle decission. If the game had no bearing on the title then fair enough but this game could easily be the title decider. If i were a Totton fan id be seething too.

Edited this to let you know that although im not a Totton fan im still seething!!!!!

Edited by southwestred

I'm amazed the league can suddenly do this, its crazy. What a bunch of assholes. If I were Totton, Cirencester, Bridgwater and Co I'd object strongly to this. Tough luck VT FC, you cant play/fulfill a league fixture before the season end you lose the points...simple as. Play your ressies in the league cup final and your 1st team in a league game instead on the same night. Play consecutive nights, play twice on the same day it's just tough luck. If we have to play consecutive days, tough luck.

Andover played VT FC on consecutive days recently, if they'd have known the season was going to be extended they could have asked for a gap between those games?

The knock on effect and implications are endless for clubs, players and SUPPORTERS.

What next - postponing games the day before thus avoiding 700 mile round trips?

I agree with Doris.

VT only has themselves to blame. Did they not check out the long range weather forecasts on weather.com before deciding to field strong sides in the league cup?

Do the Southern League not realise there are 7 days in a week and clubs should be forced to play on every single one of them if necessary.

Look at VTFC's recent results, they don't seem to be effected. In fact it looks like it’s given them an advantage. Having a team playing 4 days a week for a month is clearly giving them an advantage over the other play off teams. In my view the league has already bent over backwards to accommodate VT.

Maybe they should be fined or even suspended from the league. That’s the answer thrown VT out of the league and the issue will then go away!

My issue isnt with the fact the league has been extended but just some of these

1. So late in the day

2 The fact that two sides with lots to play for have an advantage is a joke

3 Would it not of been easier to 'push back' the actual last game of the season to the tuesday night. Play off semis to the saturday and play off final to the Bank Holiday monday? This would stop anyone getting an unfair advantage and still alow people time to get ready for the play offs.

4 Think of the programme editors. Say VT have the chance of having a home play offf game, or we do, or an away game. Would be dissapointing for the clubs to have to rush out sub-standard programmes for one of the most important games of the season!

5. Two days!? Two days!? :97:

You have to laugh sometimes...

I think it would be "nice" if you could let Totton fans know that we are not happy about this either SW....

Only expressing my opinion too Rother. I know this has nothing to do with Windsor & yeah, completely acknowledge you guys are arent too impressed either. I thought this kind of league management was left behind at western league levelbut obviously not!!

I can only echo the sentiment of how ridiculous this is, but VT are probably not overly happy that through their own success they are being penalised. A 2 legged league cup final, was the southern league trying to make this happen!!!!!!! why not do this early in the season and have the final in February. why not play mid week games early in the season blah blah etc etc... The league only have themselves to blame and as for VT, well they have played a ridiculous amount of games in a very short period of time and are still competing, well done to them, they probably feel they deserve a break.

I have to say of all the games that could have been played after the end of the season Windsor v VT is probably the least popular, VT could already be in the playoffs or out of them so nothing to play for. as was mentioned earlier a draw could benefit both teams, Windsor could have won the league and VT need a win or windsor in 2nd and VT need a win for play offs. But does this benefit us, not really as we would probably have played VT the day after they had played a game with a few games to play, rather than given them a whole day of rest and plus knowing it is their last game.

We see this time and time again at this level and always nothing is done at the start of the next season, the league has too many teams considering the amount of cups they have to play in as well, and this will continue to happen until someone with a brain or common sense takes over.

VT Have had problems with their ground this season. Apparently I am told, they think it is because of the fence that they had to put up for comply with this leagues regs. for some reason, it does not seem to darin as well as it did. Shame, but that is not Totton, frome, paultons or Ciren.......'s fault.

It just defies belief. of course, it may not, come the time be of any importance. It could of course be exactly the opposite. Say you need to win to take the title, VT are already confirmed in their play off place and at home (3rd) with the play off a few days away. How much are they going to put into it ??

I just really hope that it all pans out and the top two go up as it would be a travesty of justice if it does not happen as they are so far clear.

Never been a fan of play offs and never will be.

I think it would be "nice" if you could let Totton fans know that we are not happy about this either SW....

Did exactly that last night Rother, put those very words on our forum

Cheers.

Yours, a troublemaking, gloating, Windsor twat.... (IIRC!) ;)

Anyway, what about the current album cover?

Edited by Rother