Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Groundshares

Interesting post on TK's forum regarding our club's proposed groundshares for next season.

The Ryman League board will tomorrow issue letters to several Ryman League club secretaries effectively stating that they will not permit them to enter into proposed groundshare agreements in 2010/11.

The rules of the league (reference 2.1 & 4.12) explicitly allow groundsharing by member clubs subject to specified conditions. It is not yet understood why these decisions are being made but may have significant impact on the financial wellbeing of the member clubs - not to say the plans of the clubs with whom they are entering into agreement.

The following clubs are all likely to be impacted:

Godalming Town (Badshot Lea)

Merstham (Farleigh Rovers)

Whyteleafe (Warlingham)

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=242798

Really confuses me the above with the Ryman League taking this line.Do they not know that many Clubs are struggling with Revenue in the Current economic climate,or do they live in cloud cuckoo land.The part that really makes me Laugh, is it cannot be on protecting the Playing surfaces of Ryman League Clubs,because Sutton do not Groundshare,but have the worst Playing surface,I have seen for many a year.Will the C.C.L follow suit and ban Groundshares by their Teams.Oh and they forgot Staines Lammas at Ashford (Middx)

Will also affect the Lammas who were groundsharing at Ashford Town next season.

so could you clear it up then, are u saying we wont be able to groundshare next season!!

Neither I nor other members of the Board know too much about this at the moment although I can confirm that Ashford received a letter from the Ryman League many months ago authorising next season's ground share with Staines Lammas.

As and when I am able to do so, I will advise further.

Neither I nor other members of the Board know too much about this at the moment although I can confirm that Ashford received a letter from the Ryman League many months ago authorising next season's ground share with Staines Lammas.

As and when I am able to do so, I will advise further.

THANKS WHITELAW, DOES THAT MEAN YOU WILL HAVE, 1ST, RESERVES, YOUTH + STAINES LAMMAS ON YOUR PITCH NEXT SEASON ?

well we got told down lammas that everything was paid for and finalised but we also got told we could go up the last 2 seasons so wudnt surprise me if it was true!! yea lets us know if you could whitelaw!!

Given that the Isthmian League have already approved the Ashford Town / Staines Lammas groundshare in writing (as confirmed by Whitelaw), I cannot see there being any problems.

The Isthmian League appears to have modified its stance in the months subsequent to giving that approval, which seems to be affecting several clubs other than Ashford and Lammas.

To answer Nice Guy's question: yes, Ashford will be fielding a 1st Team, Reserve Team and Youth Team at Short Lane next season, although we have withdrawn from the Suburban League in favour of a reduced Reserve Team schedule in the Capital League. We have plans in place to ensure the pitch doesn't suffer too much.

are there going to be any teams left in the Suburban league next year? Basingstoke yourselves and Godalming all pulling out. Bound to be a few more time.

I'd like to see more sides return to the Combined Countie league to improve the quality

so junior football (u7 - u10) is not about being local and playing with your mates - just about being the best. Feel sorry for the goalkeeper in that side who won't develop by counting ants all game.

Are Epsom going to be looking for a new home?

http://www.thisissur...il/article.html

I saw that article last week too... we await our chairmans programme notes tonight with interest .

Interesting Article,but beware Epsom Eagles Juniors set up has been around for years,and Interesting that the Fulham connection still exists.Used to be based at The Fire Brigade Ground,next to Lescot College maybe still are.But if Banstead believe that they will get a large influx of talented youngsters,through this deal,they will be mistaken,past history proves otherwise.

are there going to be any teams left in the Suburban league next year? Basingstoke yourselves and Godalming all pulling out. Bound to be a few more time.

I'd like to see more sides return to the Combined Countie league to improve the quality

Raynes Park Vale have pulled their reserves from the Suburban League next season and are having Tooting Bec FC (I think) as tenants to raise revenue.

Hear Molesey reserves may not play in Suburban either.

Spoke to Mike Bidmead and he informs me of three new Suburban sides next year at present (others to follow) including the return of Eastbourne Borough FC!

Problem with CCL reserve league IMHO is the early ko's where there are no lights!

Why do Tooting Bec need to move to Raynes Park- they are only SE combination league. Surely next step for them is Elite league

Hi guys, it is not so much that we need to move to RPV but the opportunity was there and the Elite league are also making changes to their requirements over the next few seasons so it makes sense for us as RPV have been good to us over the years and if it helps both clubs out then great.

Also with the possible increase of midweek fixtures it allows use of the lights rather than playing a half strengh team as people are caught at work.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Promotion(and the title) could be secured on Saturday if we win or any of out rivals fail to, then the Elite league could be reality. We also have a league cup final at Carshalton Athletic this evening for anyone wanting to see the standard at this level. I just hope we perform!