Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results - Tuesday 4th May

Cove 2-0 Farnborough - Aldershot cup :shocked2:

According to the Boro forum, the starting team contained Kezie Ibe, James Smith, Daryl McMahon, Simon Wormull, Gary Holloway, Dean McDonald - i.e all first teamers!

Sadly I didn't get along - my loss as I expect johnno would be buying drinks all night! :beer:

Bloomin' well done to all at Cove! Final supposed to be Thursday, but I heard Aldershot have now said the Rec can't be used after all?

Cove 2-0 Farnborough - Aldershot cup :shocked2:

According to the Boro forum, the starting team contained Kezie Ibe, James Smith, Daryl McMahon, Simon Wormull, Gary Holloway, Dean McDonald - i.e all first teamers!

Sadly I didn't get along - my loss as I expect johnno would be buying drinks all night! :beer:

Bloomin' well done to all at Cove! Final supposed to be Thursday, but I heard Aldershot have now said the Rec can't be used after all?

Great win - that was virtually Farnboroughs full 1st team !

The Rec is now staging Div 2 play-offs so final probably postponed until next season?

Dont care when it is.....

Tonight was our cup final and we deserved everything we got.

Our keeper didnt have to make a save. That was their full 1st team and it was ours too - for once!!

Feel free to read their sore fans complaining... http://www.farnboroughfans.co.uk/forum.mpl

get in there you little beauty.

Southern Combination Cup - Semi Final

Old Hamptonians: 0

Hanworth Villa: 1

played at Hanworth Villa

Hanworth Villa to play either Reading Town or Moseley in the Final I believe

played at Hanworth Villa

Hanworth Villa to play either Reading Town or Molesey in the Final I believe

HI MANORS, THANKS FOR THAT.

LOOKING UP MOLESEY WEBSITE YOU ARE CORRECT, READING ENTERTAIN MOLESEY ON SATURDAY IN THE OTHER SEMI. NEVER HAVING BEEN TO READING I MAY PAY THEM A VISIT ON SATURDAY. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT READING GROUND IS LIKE FROM MEMORY, AS THEY NOW PLY THEIR TRADE IN THE HELLENIC AND DID QUITE WELL ENDING UP 3RD.

CHEERS GUYS

Bit of a dump actually. Next to a pikey caravan park so lock your car.

Big pitch and very open so can get quite blustery. Away changing rooms always flood.

Glad they're out of our league.

Echo what JJ said! Always the smeel and smoke of burning tyres as it's surrounded by industrial dump site

Oh and if anyones interested

Bedfont Sports Reserves 6 Westfield Reserves 4

Bit of a dump actually. Next to a pikey caravan park so lock your car.

Big pitch and very open so can get quite blustery. Away changing rooms always flood.

Glad they're out of our league.

NICE !

CHEERS JOHNNO, THINK I MIGHT GIVE IT A MISS THEN !

played at Hanworth Villa

Hanworth Villa to play either Reading Town or Molesey in the Final I believe

HI MANORS, THANKS FOR THAT.

LOOKING UP MOLESEY WEBSITE YOU ARE CORRECT, READING ENTERTAIN MOLESEY ON SATURDAY IN THE OTHER SEMI. NEVER HAVING BEEN TO READING I MAY PAY THEM A VISIT ON SATURDAY. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT READING GROUND IS LIKE FROM MEMORY, AS THEY NOW PLY THEIR TRADE IN THE HELLENIC AND DID QUITE WELL ENDING UP 3RD.

CHEERS GUYS

Hi, Thet were in the CCL League up till a couple ofyears ago. they then went into the Hellenic .

Reading Towns ground is off Portman Road it is at the back of a industrial Estate, not a bad ground very wide. nice club house,Nice people too, Pitch is not bad , but never been there at this time of season, always at the start.

regardsButts

. NEVER HAVING BEEN TO READING I MAY PAY THEM A VISIT ON SATURDAY. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT READING GROUND IS LIKE FROM MEMORY, AS THEY NOW PLY THEIR TRADE IN THE HELLENIC AND DID QUITE WELL ENDING UP 3RD.

CHEERS GUYS

Hi, Thet were in the CCL League up till a couple ofyears ago. they then went into the Hellenic .

Reading Towns ground is off Portman Road it is at the back of a industrial Estate, not a bad ground very wide. nice club house,Nice people too, Pitch is not bad , but never been there at this time of season, always at the start.

regardsButts

... since the RTFC ground is one of the closest NL to me and I only went a couple of weeks back, I thought I'd chip in with a few thoughts. :winkewinke:

As I'm from the area I spose its natural that I haven't noticed the 'local residents' mentioned above nor the 'industrial effects' - s'pose I'm immune to such things .

....there is an interesting backdrop of a derelict Ferris Wheel and the trains are pretty regular and very noisy along the back of the ground too.

... generally I'd agree that the place IS pretty soulless - bit of a concrete/Stalag bunker 'motif' :sick: - and as STEP05 grounds go the nicest thing I could say is its 'adequate' .

- that's unless you are looking for food, since it rather infamously has none :frown: - well maybe the odd roll and a packet of biscuits. There is sometimes a Kebab Van up on the turning in from the Oxford Rd - and a Big Retail park about 5 mins away with a McD & Tesco's, Lidl etc I think?

Scours does have a fairly OK Bar and it does supply Hot Drinks too - and I'd agree the people running the club are a friendly bunch.

The ground is off the Oxford Rd (A329) heading out of Reading towards Pangbourne/Purley - down a turning on the right and under a railway bridge - immediately after a large roundabout nr said Retail Park and before you reach Tilehurst Station. If you are coming by train its about 3/4 mile back towards town from Tilehurst.

Their close run to the title this year, meant that they were trying to get an uplift/upgrade done - in prep for possible promotion to the Southern league. There's some evidence around (building materials etc) that they still intend to improve a few things, in spite of falling away to 3rd place in the finishing straight

They don't attract particularly big crowds - at best hover around about the 50-60 mark.

The ground now has two set of seats - one in a sort of midi-stand on the half-way line the other set newly installed for grading - off-set behind the goal.

However although that end is fully covered, it is also is the home of the 'notorious' Barmy Army - if about five blokes/adolescents singing some pretty tiresome chants throughout the game can really lay claim to be an 'Army.' :doh:

At least their 'leader' and erstwhile poster on here (Little Drummer Boy - sorry 'Barmy Army Drummer' or 'RTFC Drummer' or 'The Boss' - to give him some of his other titles) doesn't bring his Drum along anymore.

On the pitch they are quite impressive - play a high-tempo style with in particular ex-Lincoln City and currect club skipper forward Graeme Lewis. His big strong and deceptively fast and works well with some good quality forwards around him. The lad Thomas from Bracknell is fairly good too: Brooks & Parfitt seem to weigh in with quite a few goals.

On song they are probably one of the strongest Hellenic Prem sides around but the long season has got to them a bit and they looked a bit leggy when I watched them a week or so back - albeit it was Cup game too.

It has to be said, they do have an underlying disciplinary problem - they are near the top of the 'bad boys charts' for Red and Yellows this season - in particular their back-four can get a bit 'robust' ;)

As an 'experience' Scours is probably worth one visit - I've only been back so regularly cos its my 'fall-back' ground when I can't get out very early of a midweek.

... if you do get along look out for my mate Des who I think is going to this one - perfectly approachable chap - just looks a bit like an extra from the darker side of LotR :) - but don't let that put you off.

... if you do 'brave it' - enjoy ! :cool:

PS.......

... sorry if I'm being a bit dense here but why would the Rec be unavailable later THIS week because the Sh!ts are in the L2 Play Offs?

Does it really take over a week to get that dump (sorry! :ignore: ) ground ready?

They've got another league game yet this Saturday @ Morecambe too?

Edited by royals26

As an ex Reading Town player, the pitch is big and normally bumpy and bare by this time of year although I have not been back for a couple of years now.

The away changing rooms flood from the showers.

Kerry behind the bar is a good laugh.

I don't remember the local residents being a major problem although the area to the left of the ground is suposed to be the training area, but a few years ago they chucked all sorts in there and it can't be used.

car park used to be full of pot holes, not sure if it still is.

There is potential to turn it into a very good ground, but like anything needs time and money.

And don't forget the lunatic drummer behind the goal who can't remember his words.......

And don't forget the lunatic drummer behind the goal who can't remember his words.......

You need to learn words to bang a drum ????????????????????????

:coffee (2):