Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Knaphill vs Cobham

20 mins - GOAL - against the run of play knaphill think Darnell goal out of nothing clips ball over the keeper from inside the box. Question marks over the keeper ......

OMG knaphill scored with the last touch of the game great header from a corner. Ref blew the wistle straight after te re start.

Jammy fu***rs!!! fair play!!!

Knaphill 2-2 Cobham

Firstly can Knaphill go up? They must have something lined up or they wouldn't have celebrated as they did. I know they have put in planning for floodlights and a 50 seater stand but I thought you had to submit them before a certain date that Knaphill didn't meet.

Anyway the game and we came flying out the traps with Rideout expertly turning his man then poked it through his legs before getting hot headed and smashing over when 1v1 with the keeper. He was causing Knapill all sorts of problems before they scored slightly against the run of play. From what I saw a mix up between defender and Jurg who looked none to pleased with those in front of him. We deservedly equalised with Day getting his 25th of the season with a fine finish. Half Time 1-1. Second half we pressed and took the lead with a fine goal from Rideout from outside the box. Could have increased the lead after Day shot from the halfway line with keeper off his line that came so close. Late on Knaphill pushed and had a freekick on edge of the box that defelected just wide. From the corner they scored provoking wild celebrations. Last kick of the game.

Agree with a fair few of the comments above and I personally was disappointed with the draw as, like NLN said, felt we did enough in the second half to wrap the game up (hit both post and bar amongst the chances we created), but our lack of experience on the pitch meant we didn't run the game down when we had the chances to at the end, which resulted in them getting the chance for one last attack from which they scored (a very good header btw).

Fair play to Knaphill for not giving up at all and not taking anything away from them, but just felt we did enough to shade it over the 90 mins and take the 3 points.

Shows just how quickly things can change.....with 5 secs of the match to go Knaphill were due to finish 4th and us 5th in the league. When the final whistle went, Knaphill had moved into 3rd and we dropped to 7th!!

Personally disappointed in how our season finished and especially how it has gone since the turn of the year....but when you start messing about with the personnel/formations etc that had served us so well in the first half of the season and loose that consistancy you had, then that's what happens I'm afraid!!!!

Does this mean Knaphill can get promoted as they finish 3rd?? otherwise seems like alot of hard work gone to waste?? anyone agree?

That's one of those questions that no-one seems to be able to answer definitively.

I think the biggest clue came in Whitelaws post dated 24th April in which he stated that only 3 teams capable of finishing in the top 3 had the necessary ground grading for promotion. Knaphill wasn't one of those 3, so my interpretation is that Knaphill, like Staines Lammas for the past 2 seasons, will miss out.

That of course will be good news to Bookham and who knows, even Dorking.

Time will tell.

Does this mean Knaphill can get promoted as they finish 3rd?? otherwise seems like alot of hard work gone to waste?? anyone agree?

That's one of those questions that no-one seems to be able to answer definitively.

I think the biggest clue came in Whitelaws post dated 24th April in which he stated that only 3 teams capable of finishing in the top 3 had the necessary ground grading for promotion. Knaphill wasn't one of those 3, so my interpretation is that Knaphill, like Staines Lammas for the past 2 seasons, will miss out.

That of course will be good news to Bookham and who knows, even Dorking.

Time will tell.

Ok well Dorking and Bookham will be happy with that if that is the case. I have just heard that Knaphill players were told after the Sheerwater game that they couldn't get promoted because there application wasn't in before the deadline. Although apparently there is a slim chance they still can get promoted.

There may also be a problem with M.V.S.C.R's ground-share as far as promotion is concerned, I learnt over the weekend.

It's going to be an interesting summer then and alot of unhappy people I think by some outcomes, if all rumours are true etc... :smilewinkgrin:

Knaphill 2-2 Cobham

Firstly can Knaphill go up? They must have something lined up or they wouldn't have celebrated as they did. I know they have put in planning for floodlights and a 50 seater stand but I thought you had to submit them before a certain date that Knaphill didn't meet.

Anyway the game and we came flying out the traps with Rideout expertly turning his man then poked it through his legs before getting hot headed and smashing over when 1v1 with the keeper. He was causing Knapill all sorts of problems before they scored slightly against the run of play. From what I saw a mix up between defender and Jurg who looked none to pleased with those in front of him. We deservedly equalised with Day getting his 25th of the season with a fine finish. Half Time 1-1. Second half we pressed and took the lead with a fine goal from Rideout from outside the box. Could have increased the lead after Day shot from the halfway line with keeper off his line that came so close. Late on Knaphill pushed and had a freekick on edge of the box that defelected just wide. From the corner they scored provoking wild celebrations. Last kick of the game.

"Rideout expertly turning his man then poked it through his legs" - HAHA! luckily, even Shane himself admitted it was just an awful touch and he got fortunate. he did play well though. we just showed you should never give up in a game!

Knaphill 2-2 Cobham

"Rideout expertly turning his man then poked it through his legs" - HAHA! luckily, even Shane himself admitted it was just an awful touch and he got fortunate. he did play well though. we just showed you should never give up in a game!

smilie_flagguk.gif