Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Banstead average age plummets

Surely this level is about bringing young players through with a few older heads around them?

Surely this level is about bringing young players through with a few older heads around them?

AGREE DT10. IT WOULD APPEAR THAT BANSTEAD INTEND TO CONSOLIDATE IN THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON AFTER A DISASTEROUS SEASON LAST YEAR AND WERE LUCKY NOT TO BE RELEGATED TO DIV. 1 FINISHING 3RD FROM BOTTOM LAST SEASON.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT, THE CCL IS A GOOD BREEDING GROUND FOR YOUNG STARLETS TO BREAK INTO MENS FOOTBALL AT A DECENT LEVEL, LEARN THE TRADE WITH GOOD COACHING WHICH IN A YEAR OR 2 BANSTEAD COULD REEP THE BENEFITS PROVIDING THE KIDS ALL STAY TOGETHER. SO DON'T BE SURPRISED WITH THE KIDS HUNGER AND ENTHUSIASM THEY WILL BE THE CREATORS OF A FEW SHOCK RESULTS THIS SEASON. MY ADVISE IS DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THESE KIDS !

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THEM AND KEEP TRACK ON HOW NTHEY DO THIS SEASON

Edited by NICE GUY

Russell Harmsworth has a wealth of experience as a player (Isthmian Premier for a few seasons with Epsom and Croydon and maybe others) and has also had success with a couple of Youth teams, Whyteleafe and AFC Wimbledon.

If he does not succeed at Banstead it will not be his fault.

Of course this depends on your definition of success, but I would imagine that following last season they will be aiming to finish in a comfortable position this year to cal it a successful season. At least, that's what I would define as success, but of course they may have loftier ambitions.

Edited by E&E Ed

Russell Harmsworth is a Manager in the El Gaffer,Mick Sullivan,Webby, mould.Approachable,Listens,and a Good knowledge of Football.Oh and will always buy you a drink and have a bit of Banter.Banstead may shock a few teams for sure.I wish him the best of Luck,nice chap.

Why's that mate, it's nowt to do with me?!

Just thought you might have some thoughts on the subject.