Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anagram Records Trophy - 2010/2011

Ref Off Ref - Don't say that I don't do you any favours, here's a report from another's Forum of Letchworth Garden City Eagles match last Saturday, you might want to pass it onto Craig and Steve so they can do their homework:

Herts County League Premier Division : Letchworth Garden City Eagles 4 Baldock Town Letchworth 0. Att 81 (hc). Admission £3; Programme £2

The recent history of football in Baldock and Letchworth is indeed confusing but after ten minutes in the company of the affable home chairman before the game I think I now understand. Baldock Town lost the use of Norton Road and debunked to a college playing field while trying to sort out their future. At about the same time Letchworth Town went bust and thus the County Ground became vacant although the local FA wanted no club to have it's use. Nonetheless Baldock got a three-year lease so long as they added the name Letchworth to their title. That lease comes to an end at the end of the season and they're out on their ear, possibly moving back to the 3G at Norton Road which IS acceptable to the Herts league but not the SMFL. Meanwhile Eagles who had hoped to become Letchworth's nursery club, and then a partner to the now-defunct Bridger Packaging (whose ground is now a tennis centre) decided to plough their own furrow and are currently romping away with the Herts County League. Which they cannot leave as they have no lights and cannot erect despite the ground being surrounded by floodlit pitches, both football and rugby so the door to SML1 is shut tight. I'm sure Vince Taylor will explain in more detail when Groundtastic get round to it........

Meanwhile, this is railed on three sides, the far end being inaccessible, and it's adjacent to Letchworth Rugby Club and only 100 yards or so past the County Ground which looks very smart these days. No cover but decent food (hot rolls at £1.10) and on a pleasant day like today, a nice visit indeed although the £2 for an 8-page programme came as a bit of a shock. An easy romp for the Eagles in the end in front of a decent attendance for this league.

Back to collect ZuluDave from Our Mutual Friend, down the road from Broadhall Way, (I think he went to the game) and back via the Engineers in Henlow whilst listening to the rugby.

that is some dossier for the Padbury management to trawl through coffee%20(2).gif

Ref Off Ref - Don't say that I don't do you any favours, here's a report from another's Forum of Letchworth Garden City Eagles match last Saturday, you might want to pass it onto Craig and Steve so they can do their homework:

Herts County League Premier Division : Letchworth Garden City Eagles 4 Baldock Town Letchworth 0. Att 81 (hc). Admission £3; Programme £2

The recent history of football in Baldock and Letchworth is indeed confusing but after ten minutes in the company of the affable home chairman before the game I think I now understand. Baldock Town lost the use of Norton Road and debunked to a college playing field while trying to sort out their future. At about the same time Letchworth Town went bust and thus the County Ground became vacant although the local FA wanted no club to have it's use. Nonetheless Baldock got a three-year lease so long as they added the name Letchworth to their title. That lease comes to an end at the end of the season and they're out on their ear, possibly moving back to the 3G at Norton Road which IS acceptable to the Herts league but not the SMFL. Meanwhile Eagles who had hoped to become Letchworth's nursery club, and then a partner to the now-defunct Bridger Packaging (whose ground is now a tennis centre) decided to plough their own furrow and are currently romping away with the Herts County League. Which they cannot leave as they have no lights and cannot erect despite the ground being surrounded by floodlit pitches, both football and rugby so the door to SML1 is shut tight. I'm sure Vince Taylor will explain in more detail when Groundtastic get round to it........

Meanwhile, this is railed on three sides, the far end being inaccessible, and it's adjacent to Letchworth Rugby Club and only 100 yards or so past the County Ground which looks very smart these days. No cover but decent food (hot rolls at £1.10) and on a pleasant day like today, a nice visit indeed although the £2 for an 8-page programme came as a bit of a shock. An easy romp for the Eagles in the end in front of a decent attendance for this league.

Back to collect ZuluDave from Our Mutual Friend, down the road from Broadhall Way, (I think he went to the game) and back via the Engineers in Henlow whilst listening to the rugby.

Well done - packed with useful information about how Eagles play etc - not! Craig will be thrilled at your detective work! (That's sarcasm/ irony Rhodes, in case you don't get it).

Again patronising suggesting the Padbury management won't have looked at the match report already or

even have had letchworth watched. But thanks to you they will be informed. Tw*t

Another Padbury hater...lol gotta love em...P***K

[quote name=Spartacus

7868' timestamp='130080567post='1713915]

Again patronising suggesting the Padbury management won't have looked at the match report already or

I know - and you all seem such a loveable bunch too ..eh? cool.gif

We can't all b carrot crunchin farmer boys like u lot can we doog..the world would b borin without no winners in it...if were disliked for havin a lil winge then so b it...

Don't think Spartucus 7868 is a Padbury hater, he's just saying Rhodes is an absolute w**ker to say the least.

Anyway the info from Rhodes was very helpful if you're a historian, and not to buy an 8 page programme if they bring any along with them....Rhodes I just think is trying to reach 25k posts on here which would explain the dribble he posts on here.

Still Clueless, CLUBLESS and....interesting (not)

[quote name=Spartacus

I know - and you all seem such a loveable bunch too ..eh? cool.gifwink.gif

We can't all b carrot crunchin farmer boys like u lot can we doog..the world would b borin without no winners in it...if were disliked for havin a lil winge then so b it...

such class, such genius. i take my carrot crunching farmers hat off to you. coffee%20(2).gif

[quote name=Mr Angry' timestamp='1300810703'

post='1713965]

[quote name=Spartacus

We can't all b carrot crunchin farmer boys like u lot can we doog..the world

would b borin without no winners in it...if were disliked for havin a lil winge then so b it...

such class, such genius. i take my carrot

crunching farmers hat off to you. coffee%20(2).gif

Such sarcasm,such a n*b...mind u..they say it is the lowest form of wit aye doog...kinda answers everything in ur case

post='1713965]

[quote name=Spartacus

would b borin without no winners in it...if were disliked for havin a lil winge then so b it...

Such sarcasm,such a n*b...mind u..they say it is the lowest form of wit aye doog...kinda answers everything in ur case

brilliant!!excited.gif

post='1713965]

[quote name=Spartacus

brilliant!!excited.gif

what happened to the mighty tring last night i didnt get any texts lol wish i was there

We played well actually Craig - just bottled it when we were 2-1 up. Haven't got that ability to grind out results from winning positions yet.

Maybe our lads were a bit too worried about crop damage caused by the unnaturally harsh seasonal weather we have been having. We may try a bit of "crop rotation" or switch to a more traditional form of arable farming next year.

How is the thriving multi-cultural metropolis that is Padbury anyway? smilewinkgrin.gif

does anyone no what is going on with letchworth .as we here we are waiting on a decition today if our game is on from what i hear one of there players attacked the ref after there cup game and they may be susspended .

Can someone translate please, I'm not fluent in this form of Bucks dialect....

does anyone no what is going on with letchworth .as we here we are waiting on a decition today if our game is on from what i hear one of there players attacked the ref after there cup game and they may be susspended .

Can someone translate please, I'm not fluent in this form of Bucks dialect....

It's a tough Padbury inner city dialect Neutral Fan. I had a mate once who knew someone who lives in the Bronx - I will ask and see if he knows.....

Edited by The Doog is King