Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's match report

Dagger03

>>>Am sure someone will repost the reports here if there is the demand

Ian - No, not unless this forum is moderated more strictly, and the persons concerned banned.

Then do not post them onto the internet. There is nothing to stop anyone from copying and reposting your reports as long as credit is given!

How do you think the NLN24 get their news articles - they do not write them - they simply copy them alter a few words and add a link.

There is no difference between this and your report.

Let others enjoy your skills rather than hiding behind secret sites. Ian has offered you some options - with moderation (sound like he is allowing you to moderate your topics) and help from others you will not have issues.

I have spent money in your shop - met a guy who I think ran the shop and he helped me out last time I was there as you did not have a shop then as the directors had taken the clubs shop over, so I like to keep up with clubs that I visit and if that means not visiting numerous other sites then that is good, otherwise I will not bother reading the reports.

>>>Am sure someone will repost the reports here if there is the demand

Ian - No, not unless this forum is moderated more strictly, and the persons concerned banned.

We will keep an eye on it for you :)

We can restrict people from this forum if need be. I think these issues may have happened when I was not on here every day - which I am now. So apologies if you suffered.

Dagger runs the shop lol

Dagsy,we will not turn this forum into a closed forum like Romford.

I will from now on remove any posts by Romford fans abusing you as it's not right.

Please post the match reports in future but you have to understand that because of your unique way of reporting you will attract a level of critisism although the Romford criticism we will stop

Sorry Sid disagree.

Your website is slow sorry, and hate to say it difficult to use. :( Sites have to work well with a mobile phone and the central scroll box does not. However appreciate the effort put in by the webmaster, looking at many sites it is kept up to date, which always helps. I do not think it would take much to bring it up to date to work with mobile phones.

Maybe you need to look at a different host - not sure who they use here, but perhaps the owners here (Ian?) could offer hosting for sale which might benefit your club and help pay for costs here. That is if they use their own server, which I am guessing they do.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own view of course. However, my brief was to try to make the site as informative and include as much up to date info as possible. The problem is of course, the more info you upload then the slower the site becomes. As I only make phone calls and send text messages from my mobile I can't comment on accessibility via this medium. I am not using a particularly fast PC (3 years old) but most pages on the website load within one second (uncached) and in a fraction of a second when cached. Ian's hosting is superb.

The easiest way to use the central 'news' box on the front page is to click on the box and use the wheel of your mouse (if it has one) to move the contents up and down. It works perfectly.

As for making the site 'phone friendly' that will be a job for my successor. I have made no secret of the fact that my website 'skills', such as they are, have been self-taught (with many hours of frustration) and so there are many clever things I cannot do. I am very happy to hand over to someone else who has such skills (truly I am not throwing my toys out of the pram!). I am pleased to have helped the club but I know there is always someone who could do a better job. After all, I will pack it in one day! So if anyone would like to revamp the site please take one step forward.

Dagger runs the shop lol

Dagsy,we will not turn this forum into a closed forum like Romford.

I will from now on remove any posts by Romford fans abusing you as it's not right.

Please post the match reports in future but you have to understand that because of your unique way of reporting you will attract a level of critisism although the Romford criticism we will stop

Sounds great :) Look forward to reading them and returning to see one of your games. Glad I have actually met him then LOL

Well, everyone is entitled to their own view of course. However, my brief was to try to make the site as informative and include as much up to date info as possible. The problem is of course, the more info you upload then the slower the site becomes. As I only make phone calls and send text messages from my mobile I can't comment on accessibility via this medium. I am not using a particularly fast PC (3 years old) but most pages on the website load within one second (uncached) and in a fraction of a second when cached. Ian's hosting is superb.

The easiest way to use the central 'news' box on the front page is to click on the box and use the wheel of your mouse (if it has one) to move the contents up and down. It works perfectly.

As for making the site 'phone friendly' that will be a job for my successor. I have made no secret of the fact that my website 'skills', such as they are, have been self-taught (with many hours of frustration) and so there are many clever things I cannot do. I am very happy to hand over to someone else who has such skills (truly I am not throwing my toys out of the pram!). I am pleased to have helped the club but I know there is always someone who could do a better job. After all, I will pack it in one day! So if anyone would like to revamp the site please take one step forward.

Fair enough - the box cannot be scrolled on a phone or pad so easily if at all. The code is not compatible. Was not trying to be critical. If I was I apologise.

You do a grand job. Keep up the good work.

Ground Hopper, you do not need to apologise. I took no offence and viewed your comments as 100% constructive. Without feedback we can never improve what we have. If there is an issue we should try to address it. If website access via mobile devices is becoming more prevalent then someone with the know-how needs to get involved. Could we have a site with stripped down code especially for 'phone' users? The trouble is that sometimes volunteers are rarer than hens teeth.

Your website is slow sorry, and hate to say it difficult to use. :( Sites have to work well with a mobile phone and the central scroll box does not. However appreciate the effort put in by the webmaster, looking at many sites it is kept up to date, which always helps. I do not think it would take much to bring it up to date to work with mobile phones.

I have read up on this and mobile devices don't work well on ALL 'conventional' websites. This is because there is simply too much data to download. You can't modify the code as there is too much 'code' for the mobile device in the first place. The only solution is to have a separate cut-down site specifically for portable devices. So we need a second webmaster. If you are interested please email your CV with contact details to Colin at the Club at afchornchurch@tiscali.co.uk

Please post the match reports in future but you have to understand that because of your unique way of reporting you will attract a level of critisism

it is commomn knowledge the only reporter worse than Dagger is Coupwotcoup....... ;)

PMSL !