Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hx 1 Sutton 1

cup of tea

Great result for the guys today - we deserved to get something out of the game.

Good finish from the Sutton player for their goal.

Well taken penalty for us by Kieron St Aimie

As for everything else that happened - well I'm not going to comment except to say there should be a few embarrassed people from Sutton tonight.

anyone care to comment on this from the sutton forum?

"Now the incident at the end of the game, unlike most U's supporters penned up on the other side of the tunnel I was on the incident side. I did not see what Leroy was sent off for, but their guy went for a punch I believe? The players were close to the tunnel by this stage, and then as I understand it someone this side of the barrier throw a punch at a middle aged chat and gave him a bloody nose. At almost the same time the Hx No10 started going on about the comment 'Monkey' which I did not hear but he went wild and jumped the barrier followed by one of his team mates. He was after someone in the crowd and tore throw the supporters to get to him, hurting a young girl on the way. Again all very quick but a couple of our players jumped the barrier too, I don't know why but certainly SD was very upset. No Sutton player as far as I saw did anything at all, and I did my best to persuade SD to go back, I told him Bury had lost and we needed him and not to get involved. He didn't he went back but the Hx (I think it was No10) was having none of it and even told his team mates and management to how shall I say, go away and leave him alone.

I think the ref handled the end of the game badly which contributed to the incident, not a single steward got involved which was worrying. It all happened so quick so its difficult to know for sure what provided the initial spark off the pitch? My only concern was that our players did not get involved, we have bigger fish to fry. "

anyone care to comment on this from the sutton forum?

"Now the incident at the end of the game, unlike most U's supporters penned up on the other side of the tunnel I was on the incident side. I did not see what Leroy was sent off for, but their guy went for a punch I believe? The players were close to the tunnel by this stage, and then as I understand it someone this side of the barrier throw a punch at a middle aged chat and gave him a bloody nose. At almost the same time the Hx No10 started going on about the comment 'Monkey' which I did not hear but he went wild and jumped the barrier followed by one of his team mates. He was after someone in the crowd and tore throw the supporters to get to him, hurting a young girl on the way. Again all very quick but a couple of our players jumped the barrier too, I don't know why but certainly SD was very upset. No Sutton player as far as I saw did anything at all, and I did my best to persuade SD to go back, I told him Bury had lost and we needed him and not to get involved. He didn't he went back but the Hx (I think it was No10) was having none of it and even told his team mates and management to how shall I say, go away and leave him alone.

I think the ref handled the end of the game badly which contributed to the incident, not a single steward got involved which was worrying. It all happened so quick so its difficult to know for sure what provided the initial spark off the pitch? My only concern was that our players did not get involved, we have bigger fish to fry. "

It's soccer...............you can't knock a bit of passion

Let's face it,it seems that our equaliser really annoyed their players,at the final whistle it was all too much for one of their players,the sub who appeared to crack tam in the head.Then Leeroy Griffiths started throwing his toys out if his pram and this just made the situation worse.Would it of all kicked off had we not scored??? I don't think so

i don't blame you. i remember ian once spoke of having a breathalyser fitted to your pc between the hours of midnight and 8am which wouldn't allow access to the forum if you were a certain number of times over the limit.

anyway, according to their forum, the final whistle went, hornchurch fans spontaneously started abusing themselves and the sutton players and the sutton players jumped the fence to try to keep the peace. possibly this particular sutton fan's eyesight has been affected by a different form of abuse. namely self-abuse.

the truth is out there somewhere... lets hope for both the sake of both teams and our reputation that the ref only includes the red cards in his report and nothing else.

should we fail to reach or succeed in the play-offs, a silver lining would be not having to play sutton next season as it always seems to spark off a few of the mindless minority from both sides which is why it's probably best i gave the match a swerve yesterday!