Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harry Martin

As the majority of you will remember,a few years ago Harry Martin sadly passed away.To be honest i can't exactly remember when but it must be coming up to 4 years this year,maybe October as i seem to remember we played AFC Wimbledon a couple of weeks after.

We have talked for ages about doing something in his memory as he supported the club from a young age and anyone who grew up watching Hornchurch will remember him and his gang,sadly most of those have now passed on (if not all),standing on the Eastside.

I know some of our newer fans will probably not have too many memories of him but for those who did and the 150+ who attended his funeral from the club,which goes to show how much he was liked by everyone,i think its time we done something.One other thing,when the club went bust in 2004,Harry went up the club with the deeds for his house,hoping this would save the club.Thankfully it was turned down but with a gesture like that i think its about time we did something to honour him.

So can we have your ideas on here and once we have them maybe we could all vote on what we think the best way of remembering him by is.

Maybe we could have a collection to pay for anything we decide.

While a cup in his honour is a good idea,i would like to think there is something visual we could look at to remind him.

Some clubs have a memory garden (usually bigger clubs granted) but we would have space at the club me thinks.

Others have mentioned naming a stand (probably the eastside)

Perhaps someone could pen an article for the Fanzine?

I only knew Harry for a short time. He was/is a legend.

Had the pleasure of giving him a lift home.

His funeral was a remarkable day in my life.

And all for a fellow supporter.

Lots of Premier League clubs could learn from us, and respect their supporters.

There was a photo of 'Arry and me behind the goal at Waltham Abbey in the club. It was raining and we lost 1-0 and neither of us looked happy.

Even approaching 80 he still stood out in the open, behind the goal and in the rain.

He was not a prawn sandwich man.