Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Have we a Manager yet?

Paul G

I'll welcome Kevin's choice including that of Keith Scott should he be in the running. I'm not turning up each Saturday to moan about what happened in the past, there is a new club to support!

So anything will do as long as we have a club.

mmmmm!!!!!!

Not really WCW, that is not what was typed. As said in my last message, whatever the decision made by the Chairman I will support. I don't want to continue dwelling on the past, the danger being we each end up sounding like certain fans of Slough Town FC.

Nobody has reason to criticise what Kevin has done so far, so let us see which manager he chooses before the moaning about a manager of a previous club.

Not really WCW, that is not what was typed. As said in my last message, whatever the decision made by the Chairman I will support. I don't want to continue dwelling on the past, the danger being we each end up sounding like certain fans of Slough Town FC.

Nobody has reason to criticise what Kevin has done so far, so let us see which manager he chooses before the moaning about a manager of a previous club.

Okay, lets wait and see !!!!

I think there is every good reason to be dubious about at least 50% of what Peter Simpson said in the meetings held during last season and I feel a little ashamed that I took what he said about Keith Scott at face value at the time.

Therefore, arrogant though he may be, (I wouldn't know as I've never met him myself) Keith Scott's return to Windsor would certainly be welcomed by me.

The impression I had (might be complete rubbish) was that the players he had during 2008-2010 would run through brick walls for him (possibly to get their hands on the win bonuses!) so maybe he'll manage to get a few of them back here which wouldn't be a bad thing in the CCL....

I am surprised though because I wouldn't have thought there'd by much money around to pay a manager which is why I thought an experienced ex-pro like Dave Woozley might be an option.

Oh, well - we shall see...

....................... and didn't they win an industrial tribunial proving that there was no overspend on what was agreed anyway".

No Flashman they won a claim of unfair dismissal, made all the easier by the then current chairman not contesting the case when it was his decision in the first place !

Interesting thread this, and as an outsider, i am to believe that Steve Baker has applied for the job. He is Egham manager from last season and done a fantastic job there in the CCL. Has great contacts and would put a great team together.

Otherwise i hope you will all get a decision soon.

Absolutely agree.

My understanding was that the clubs debts were c,£250k I am not sure that the bonus payments were quite that much and didn't they win an industrial tribunial proving that there was no overspend on what was agreed anyway". I think we may be guilty of buying all that was told us by the previous chairman. Laying the blame for the demise of the old club at their door is unfair in my opinion.

Windsor & Eton went bankrupt owing £ 496,000.00

But that presumably includes £200k ish owed to Peter Simpson and Kevin Stott, amounts which were always excluded from the numbers discussed.

Well the liquidators total bankrupt figure was 496K which is available public information via the liquidators.

After reading all the comments on here, I just wonder why the club don't just appoint Dave Mudge as it seems obvious to me that he is the popular choice from trhe majority of the fans (certainly those I have spoken to) and has proved what he can do in the past. We are now only a month away from our first friendly with no manager or players in place. At this late stage I believe the safe option is the best....

I am looking forward to the first season in the CCL but suggest fans are realistic about exopectations. Surviving/completing the first season has to be the most important!

After reading all the comments on here, I just wonder why the club don't just appoint Dave Mudge as it seems obvious to me that he is the popular choice from trhe majority of the fans (certainly those I have spoken to) and has proved what he can do in the past. We are now only a month away from our first friendly with no manager or players in place. At this late stage I believe the safe option is the best....

I am looking forward to the first season in the CCL but suggest fans are realistic about exopectations. Surviving/completing the first season has to be the most important!

I'm led to believe that a few players have already signed including Rob Bullivant!! But you dont know if you can believe all you here!! For a start whos signed them?

I'd like Dave Mudge to come back for sure, but what if he wants £xxx (and can command that elsewhere) and our business plan can't afford that? This first season is not really about winning games and challenging for promotion (great if it happens) it's about getting a team out there, fulfilling the fixtures and progressing the various projects we already know about that are essential to the club's long-term prospects.

And anyway...

Who will have most riding on the appointment of the new manager?

Who will be paying the new manager?

Whose decision is it?

Whose money, energy and commitment is floating the new club?

The answer to all those questions appears to be Kevin Stott.

He will go through the right processes to ensure that he employs who HE thinks is the right man for the job.

I suggest we just let him get on with that job and support the decision he makes.

I'm led to believe that a few players have already signed including Rob Bullivant!! But you dont know if you can believe all you here!! For a start whos signed them?

Surely it would have had to have been Kevin himself considering we do not have a manager yet.

WCW,

That's an accurate assessment! Any players that are signed before a Manager is appointed will have been signed by me.

We will be in a position to confirm what I think will be a very popular signing very shortly.

Surely it would have had to have been Kevin himself considering we do not have a manager yet.

Sparksy,

I'm happy to comment on that; we've made excellent progress this week, we are aligned in relation to the, 'Heads of Terms' so now it's just a question of working with the respective Lawyers to enshrine those terms within a Lease. Hope that helps to clarify things for you?

Kevin is there any news on the lease or would you rather not say at this stage!!