Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Have we a Manager yet?

Paul G

In addition to the Manager, I think we're going to need Max Clifford on board to handle the media interest and, assuming even a small percentage of the people viewing all these posts actually come to watch the team, a Crowd Control Supervisor.

I think all of us who wish the new Club well and look forward to the CCL games being played on a superb surface, ought to thank I Claudius, WCW and several other colourful pseudonyms (to name but 1) for managing to generate such great interest in the new club. It could have cost a small fortune to get this level of publicity!

Maybe we could have a Pseudonym Evening and invite them to give a five minute talk about that great album from Fleetwood Mac : Rumours.

Keep it coming WCW/I Claudius/Etc. You've a talent that demands a wider audience

It won't be Dave Mudge:

WCW -' Definately not Keith Scott. It would certainly be a kick in the teeth for everybody that Windsor owed money to and morally very wrong.'

WCW, What do you mean by this? Having spent 6 months getting to the bottom of the historic debt of the old club, working with the accountants and Tenon the Insolvency Practitioners, in an effort to put together a rescue package, I can absolutely say that Keith Scott was in no way responsible for the financial problems of the old club. There is not a shred of evidence to support this. No one is in a better position than I am to confirm this.

I think it is common knowledge that I have not always seen eye to eye with Keith, but I have to say that the suggestion that he had over spent the budget is an illusion. When I came back to the club, one of the many things I discovered was that he and Jim Melvin had worked for 6 months of the Championship winning season without being paid at all.

They won the first Championship for the old club in 25 years and the first cup for 20 years, then because of the financial difficulties that the club was in agree to work last season for nothing. That may surprise many of you but I have cast iron evidence to support this. In return for this they were fired and the myth perpetuated that this was because they had significantly overspent the budget and substantially contributed to the down fall of the old club.

If there is anything that is morally wrong in my opinion it is the perpetuation of this myth. WCW, I have no doubt that you are sincere in your assertions but I can assure they are not supported in the slightest by the contemporaneous evidence.

Can I please therefore make an appeal to all forum users. By all means have an opinion, but let's not unreasonably trash the reputations of individuals unless it can be substantiated by hard evidence. In the alternative if it's just your opinion, and you want to express it, by all means have it, but let's not hide behind the anonymity of the forum.

Kevin

Dave Mudge, the former Windsor & Eton manager, has announced that he will not be the new manager of the newly formed Windsor FC.

Following several meetings with the new committee and having heard nothing since being interviewed at the Runnymede hotel some five weeks ago, Mudge added that he wished everyone involved with the newly formed club a succesfull season at step 5 in the non-league pyramid.

Commenting, Mudge (pictured) stated that it was a shame that he would not be there next season after such a great experience last year which saw Windsor & Eton chasing a play-off spot until its unfortunate demise.

My vote is for Byron or Dave Anderson (who unlikely to leave Slough)....actually anyone except Keith Scott!

Definately not Keith Scott. It would certainly be a kick in the teeth for everybody that Windsor owed money to and morally very wrong.

WCW -' Definately not Keith Scott. It would certainly be a kick in the teeth for everybody that Windsor owed money to and morally very wrong.'

WCW, What do you mean by this? Having spent 6 months getting to the bottom of the historic debt of the old club, working with the accountants and Tenon the Insolvency Practitioners, in an effort to put together a rescue package, I can absolutely say that Keith Scott was in no way responsible for the financial problems of the old club. There is not a shred of evidence to support this. No one is in a better position than I am to confirm this.

I think it is common knowledge that I have not always seen eye to eye with Keith, but I have to say that the suggestion that he had over spent the budget is an illusion. When I came back to the club, one of the many things I discovered was that he and Jim Melvin had worked for 6 months of the Championship winning season without being paid at all.

They won the first Championship for the old club in 25 years and the first cup for 20 years, then because of the financial difficulties that the club was in agree to work last season for nothing. That may surprise many of you but I have cast iron evidence to support this. In return for this they were fired and the myth perpetuated that this was because they had significantly overspent the budget and substantially contributed to the down fall of the old club.

If there is anything that is morally wrong in my opinion it is the perpetuation of this myth. WCW, I have no doubt that you are sincere in your assertions but I can assure they are not supported in the slightest by the contemporaneous evidence.

Can I please therefore make an appeal to all forum users. By all means have an opinion, but let's not unreasonably trash the reputations of individuals unless it can be substantiated by hard evidence. In the alternative if it's just your opinion, and you want to express it, by all means have it, but let's not hide behind the anonymity of the forum.

Kevin

It won't be Dave Mudge:

Kevin

Dave Mudge, the former Windsor & Eton manager, has announced that he will not be the new manager of the newly formed Windsor FC.

Following several meetings with the new committee and having heard nothing since being interviewed at the Runnymede hotel some five weeks ago, Mudge added that he wished everyone involved with the newly formed club a succesfull season at step 5 in the non-league pyramid.

Commenting, Mudge (pictured) stated that it was a shame that he would not be there next season after such a great experience last year which saw Windsor & Eton chasing a play-off spot until its unfortunate demise.

My vote is for Byron or Dave Anderson (who unlikely to leave Slough)....actually anyone except Keith Scott!

Definately not Keith Scott. It would certainly be a kick in the teeth for everybody that Windsor owed money to and morally very wrong.

Thank you Kevin for further enlightening the readers of this forum!

And Blackadder, do me a favour with the sarcasm, all I have done is quite understandably asked when a new manager is to be appointed and made a suggestion of my preferred choice. I have never slagged off/criticised previous managers because I remember well the success that Byron brought us back in the Ryman all those years ago and the success the Colonel and Jim brought us only a couple of years ago!

I Claudius - Yes I remember well the season that Byron got us promoted, particularly the game away at Wivenhoe on a Tuesday night that if I am correct we had to win or draw in order to give ourselves the chance of clinching the 2nd place promotion slot, Wivenhoe were in 2nd place at the time - there was no play off place up for grabs then, in the words of The Four Seasons, 'Oh what a night!' Does anyone else remember this?

Unfortunately I missed the Championship winning season with Keith Scott and Jim Melvin but I do remember with immense satisfaction winning the Berks & Bucks Cup at MK Dons. In my opinion it was a magnificent 1 - 0 win with Jake Parsons really coming of age that day and scoring the winning goal.

By the way, can anybody tell me why Keith is called the Colonel? I've always been baffled by that one!

Kevin

Thank you Kevin for further enlightening the readers of this forum!

And Blackadder, do me a favour with the sarcasm, all I have done is quite understandably asked when a new manager is to be appointed and made a suggestion of my preferred choice. I have never slagged off/criticised previous managers because I remember well the success that Byron brought us back in the Ryman all those years ago and the success the Colonel and Jim brought us only a couple of years ago!

Mr. Stott how refreshing it is to read replies and posts from a director of a football club who clearly wants the best for his club....congratulations on reforming Windsor and very good luck with it.

As an "senior gentleman" I've had many enjoyable trips to the "Stag" over the years and look forward to visiting again this season.

As you continue in your search for a new manager I posted elsewhere on this forum the name of very strong candidate in my opinion. I still feel if you are looking for the best man to help your progress your entire club he represents a very good option. There are many others "possibles" but my advice to you maybe you should like outside the Windsor/Slough area because there are many good people about.

Mr. Stott how refreshing it is to read replies and posts from a director of a football club who clearly wants the best for his club....congratulations on reforming Windsor and very good luck with it.

As an "senior gentleman" I've had many enjoyable trips to the "Stag" over the years and look forward to visiting again this season.

As you continue in your search for a new manager I posted elsewhere on this forum the name of very strong candidate in my opinion. I still feel if you are looking for the best man to help your progress your entire club he represents a very good option. There are many others "possibles" but my advice to you maybe you should like outside the Windsor/Slough area because there are many good people about.

Nice to know that there are still some of us about.....

(.... checks pulse and pace-maker !!)

:bolt:

In addition to the Manager, I think we're going to need Max Clifford on board to handle the media interest and, assuming even a small percentage of the people viewing all these posts actually come to watch the team, a Crowd Control Supervisor.

I think all of us who wish the new Club well and look forward to the CCL games being played on a superb surface, ought to thank I Claudius, WCW and several other colourful pseudonyms (to name but 1) for managing to generate such great interest in the new club. It could have cost a small fortune to get this level of publicity!

Maybe we could have a Pseudonym Evening and invite them to give a five minute talk about that great album from Fleetwood Mac : Rumours.

Keep it coming WCW/I Claudius/Etc. You've a talent that demands a wider audience

Thanks very much. At least we now have a few answers.

It won't be long now !

Sunday tomorrow, and it'll be 'next week' !!

coffee%20(2).gif

I had a long chat with Kevin Stott on the phone last night before the AGM.

An appointment HAS been made, so you'll have to await for the OFFICIAL announcement.

It's not my place to do so.

Edited by Big J R