Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Manager - Shock Announcement

Flashman

Keith Scott it is then.

So the Windsor faithfull, what do you think of Keith Scott's appointment as manager ? Di you think he's the man to send you onwards and upwards ?

From the tone of posts on here I would imagine I am in the majority in just being pleased we've got a proven manager at the helm now and looking forward to the new season.

I would imagine that Scott is capable of assembling a squad capable of putting in a good show in the CCL but talk of being favourites for the title seems very premature and unnecessary / unwise.

Let's not let our mouths run before we even walk out for the first game eh?

Windsor Fc may end up being the new Chertsey Town Fc.... Everyone will raise their game and want to beat them.

and this is why being favourites at the start of the season is so difficult and makes it very hard to win the Combined Counties League as proven before... (afc Wimbledon, Badshot Lea, Chertsey, Camberley, Merstham, NGU). All of these teams have been favourites at some point and only after 2 or 3 attempts after being beaten into 2nd or 3rd place a few times have Merstham, Chertsey, afc and NGu eventually succeeded.

Windsor with the reported budget are def my favourites and the rest of the league may as well save their budgets for the next two years until Windsor go up and Guernsey get promoted two seasons running.

Where's the talk of a big budget come from?

Kevin Stott has been very clear that the club DOES NOT have a big budget for Season 1. It's all about fielding a team, establishing the new club in the community and building for the future with initiatives that will enable the club to be self-funding sooner rather than later.

The owner / benefactor model is absolutely and categorically unsustainable and totally NOT what he is putting in place. The big plans are off the pitch, not on it.

I would be very surprised if he broke that "promise".

Edited by Rother

my source told me who the management team would be a few days back and it turned out to be right. That same person told me that the budget would be in excess of £900 per week........

we may never hear what the actual budget turns out to be unless you have a very very very honest and upfront chairman but, we'll all have a very good idea of the budget depending on the calibre of player that signs for Windsor fc.

My personal opinion, and understanding, was that this was to be a new start and beginning, bringing back Keith Scott is not that. Having said that he won us a cup and a league title in his two full seasons, and ultimately that cost us our existence (I am not going to play the blame game as to who did what as that is opinion and contentious, but it is fact that the cost of pushing for the title two years in a row did force us under)

So, moving forward, we have a manager who has proved at Windsor he will get success, but at a cost. he has proved to be confident bordering on arrogant and professional bordering on gamesmanship. He gave us the best of times and the worst of times and so here we are. Some fans will not support him, some won't want to talk to him, some may not come back because of him......maybe.

In my opinion Mr Scott is using Windsor as a way to get noticed, he probably thinks he will win the league confortably (confident or arrogant?) and thinks he can attract good players (but at what cost?) But why no offers for his services in the last year? I doubt he was loyally looking to return to Stag Meadow.

I believe the test of the man will be what players come to Windsor after all that has been said on this message board and said about him and by him and the players from that promotion season, in the media. if he can put a team together within his allotted budget (if he has a big budget that isn't his fault!!) taht can offer us good football and soime success, then I for one will be satisfied.

But utlimately Kevin has invested his time and is looking to invest his money in getting our club back up and running. We may not like all of his decisions, and even feel as our club we should have a say in some of those decisions. But the reality is, without Keving there is no club so we need to back him.

Fo my own peace of mind I wouild like to know the budget, where the money is coming from to satisfy that budget for the coming season and full financial planning for the next 5 years. Fans are naturally sceptical after what happened when we trusted Peter, to blindly trust Kevin takes a large leap of faith. To date we have given that faith and I would like to see it repaid with an open and frank plan explanation of how the club will exist going forward.

Just my feelings and opinions obviously

Time will tell I guess.....

I think we've done well to get a proven management duo in charge, and I'm sure they'll bring a good squad to Stag Meadow. To be honest, the level of carping from some quarters gets boring to read after a while. This a new club with good aspirations. We have someone prepared to invest his money - and an awful lot of time - to get us up and running, and a plan to see us become self-sustaining. He's invested in the pitch, he's spent money on getting a new lease from the Crown Estate, and is preparted to invest in state of the art training facilities that the community can also enjoy. What the club needs is support to make it work, and not a few people being over-zealous in apparently wanting to see it fail. Just get involved and prove it can be a great club. We may not be another AFC Wimbledon, but we can follow their example.

Thanks to Dave and Byron for what they achieved before it all sank in February, and Good Luck to Keith and Jim in getting the team up and running over the coming weeks. I believe pre-season training will be at Eton Recreation ground - as it was last season.

There is a lot of talk about budgets, and that we should be told what they are. Ultimately Kevin is in charge, and believes he has a strong business model which will allow him to pay a level of wages that will allow the club to be competitive. This is his prerogative and decision and he doesn't need to justify it.

However he has also set up a scheme whereby founder members contribute cash to the club, and not an insignificant amount to the ordinary chap - people who front up the cash I believe have the right to understand the financial stability and future plans, they are after all investing in the clubs future.

Well I haven't seen, heard or read anything derogatory about Keith Scott apart from what Peter Simpson said so in my mind that adds up to diddly squat.

Every manager who has any kind of ambition will "use" his current job as a means to get noticed and hope to get a better job in due course.

As for the insinuation that Scott's ambition cost the club it's existence, well, that is just ridiculous. He did not to my knowledge run the finances of the club at any stage of his relatively brief tenure and in any case the deficit was built up over many years.

The cost of restarting the club is c.£80k before we even kick a ball. The founder supporter scheme was set up to give people an opportunity to say 'I was there at the start', have a season ticket for the first year and help contribute to

these significant costs. To date we have only 25 people committed to this which is really disappointing. I implore all the supporters on this forum who are quick to voice opinions to be part of what we are trying to do and sign up to the scheme rather than watching others. I for one worry that Kevin will look at the numbers of people committed to the scheme and think there is little appetite for football in Windsor. Come on guys if £250 is too much to pay in one go we have a payment scheme that will allow you to spread the payments. Sign up and support our new club.

My personal opinion, and understanding, was that this was to be a new start and beginning, bringing back Keith Scott is not that. Having said that he won us a cup and a league title in his two full seasons, and ultimately that cost us our existence (I am not going to play the blame game as to who did what as that is opinion and contentious, but it is fact that the cost of pushing for the title two years in a row did force us under)

So, moving forward, we have a manager who has proved at Windsor he will get success, but at a cost. he has proved to be confident bordering on arrogant and professional bordering on gamesmanship. He gave us the best of times and the worst of times and so here we are. Some fans will not support him, some won't want to talk to him, some may not come back because of him......maybe.

In my opinion Mr Scott is using Windsor as a way to get noticed, he probably thinks he will win the league confortably (confident or arrogant?) and thinks he can attract good players (but at what cost?) But why no offers for his services in the last year? I doubt he was loyally looking to return to Stag Meadow.

I believe the test of the man will be what players come to Windsor after all that has been said on this message board and said about him and by him and the players from that promotion season, in the media. if he can put a team together within his allotted budget (if he has a big budget that isn't his fault!!) taht can offer us good football and soime success, then I for one will be satisfied.

But utlimately Kevin has invested his time and is looking to invest his money in getting our club back up and running. We may not like all of his decisions, and even feel as our club we should have a say in some of those decisions. But the reality is, without Keving there is no club so we need to back him.

Fo my own peace of mind I wouild like to know the budget, where the money is coming from to satisfy that budget for the coming season and full financial planning for the next 5 years. Fans are naturally sceptical after what happened when we trusted Peter, to blindly trust Kevin takes a large leap of faith. To date we have given that faith and I would like to see it repaid with an open and frank plan explanation of how the club will exist going forward.

Just my feelings and opinions obviously

Time will tell I guess.....

Simple question FR; Would you expect ANY club to divulge and make public their playing budget? I don't!