Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Manager - Shock Announcement

Flashman

The cost of restarting the club is c.£80k before we even kick a ball. The founder supporter scheme was set up to give people an opportunity to say 'I was there at the start', have a season ticket for the first year and help contribute to

these significant costs. To date we have only 25 people committed to this which is really disappointing. I implore all the supporters on this forum who are quick to voice opinions to be part of what we are trying to do and sign up to the scheme rather than watching others. I for one worry that Kevin will look at the numbers of people committed to the scheme and think there is little appetite for football in Windsor. Come on guys if £250 is too much to pay in one go we have a payment scheme that will allow you to spread the payments. Sign up and support our new club.

Make that 27.

Simple question FR; Would you expect ANY club to divulge and make public their playing budget? I don't!

Some clubs at this level do, Sutton for one. Maybe clubs that go under and are then reborn under a new name should be forced by the FA to publish their accounts?

Simple question FR; Would you expect ANY club to divulge and make public their playing budget? I don't!

Some clubs at this level do, Sutton for one. Maybe clubs that go under and are then reborn under a new name should be forced by the FA to publish their accounts?

Every company must publish there accounts and I believe are readily available from Companies House.

Well accounts will only be generated after a years trading, then audited, and then approved by Companies House, so you will need to wait 18 months to 2 years to see any numbers, and even then the detail available will be limited, so you will never see the weekly budget! or if the company is in trouble and it will be too late.

That is if the accounts are submitted in the first place - ask Martyn Deaner about how to hide numbers from the fans - he was good at that.

By the way - why did you not set up a Supporters Trust? - you would then have a transparent process for the fans to see the accounts and you would also have had an input into the appointment of the new manager - I did suggest this over a year ago but you ignored it and you are now still reliant on the word of one man for your future.

Edited by Staines-upon-Thames Rebel

Every company must publish there accounts and I believe are readily available from Companies House.

Every limited company you mean.

Haven't heard on the lease but I'm sure there was a thread somewhere trying to justify them as a new club and quite obviously not associated to that poorly run previous club Windsor & Eton who owed the sort of money some of can only imagine earning in a lifetime.

Well Windsor FC have W&E's Vice Chairman at the helm, oddly enough the same Secretary as W&E, the same webmaster/kitman/and every other job man, the ex Manager who bullied the old Chairman into releasing funds he simply couldn't afford, the same ex Assistant Manager in fact almost everybody apart from Peter Simpson OBE.

[censored]

how can they call it a new club it's the same club, simple as

Well accounts will only be generated after a years trading, then audited, and then approved by Companies House, so you will need to wait 18 months to 2 years to see any numbers, and even then the detail available will be limited, so you will never see the weekly budget! or if the company is in trouble and it will be too late.

That is if the accounts are submitted in the first place - ask Martyn Deaner about how to hide numbers from the fans - he was good at that.

By the way - why did you not set up a Supporters Trust? - you would then have a transparent process for the fans to see the accounts and you would also have had an input into the appointment of the new manager - I did suggest this over a year ago but you ignored it and you are now still reliant on the word of one man for your future.

As you say the information publicly available will show nothing of value (is there even a limited company behind this?). My opinion is if you want me to invest time and money into an enterprise that has already failed once this year I would expect some due diligence to be performed to ensure I am investing in something that will survive (as you would expect with any phoenix business). I don't see the problem with telling us how much the squad get as a whole, how much we get in on average from the gate and a basic incomings and outgoings of the club and how any shortfall will be filled in. Surely this is reported on a weekly basis anyway? The taxman will want to know that is for sure. If the argument is other clubs don't do it, well stuff other clubs we are a new club that needs to be for the fans and community so lets be different, lets do it right.

I want to become a founding member but I want to know what my money will be spent on and assurances (via way of actual figures) of how the club will survive the first season at least. Not sure why that is so unreasonable? Some people may have lots of money burning holes in their pockets, I am not one of them I'm afraid!!

As for the choice of manager, I would like the truth about what happened before, during and after he left but i am sure I will never get it as too many people have different opinions of what happened (I have heard quite a few that contradict each other) so if keith is manager he is manager. Lets see what he can do, how he acts and behaves and judge him on that.

Lets be realistic about this, there is no way that club funding and financing will be made available to all and sundry. To provide even outline financial plans will open up the club to scrutiny and critisism as everyone will have a view on how to spend the money (ground, community projects,clubhouse, squad etc) and the truth is that it means nothing unless there are regular reports updating how things are progressing against plan

We all know that financial plans turn into annual budgets - and budgets are there to be broken

Let's just accept that Kevin is running the club, and presumably financing it, certainly in the short term as any of the great plans are going to take time to put in place and the season starts in less than two months - so let's hole his accountant has got it right !!

To All Supporters of Windsor F.C.

I can see that there is a genuine desire amongst Supporters to ensure that we are running the new club in a sensible fashion. In simple terms what we are trying to achieve is a position whereby the club is self sustaining. In other words not reliant for its survival or continued success on me or any other benefactor.

It will take a while to get there and inevitably there have been start up costs. I have absorbed the majority of these to date and have committed to investing in the development of the 3G Training Pitch, which will ultimately provide the initial income streams to move us towards the goal of self sustainability.

I am keen that all supporters can access information on the running of the club; indeed the key elements of the business plan were outlined to the supporters at the last open meeting held at Stag Meadow.

However if any supporter would like to have more detailed information, could they kindly make themselves known to me and I will happily arrange a one to one meeting to go through any aspect of the club in as much detail as they want.

Assuring you all of a genuine desire to get things right.