Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Manager - Shock Announcement

Flashman

Dave Mudge was interviewed for the job,according to the Maidenhead Advertiser by Windsor F.C. 5 weeks ago.But was overlooked.

Does it not seem strange that he obviously wanted the job but was overlooked after doing such a good job last season. Who the hell do Windsor expect to get thats any better.

Now we hear the two managers Kevin Stott was after are now interested in other jobs. That really shows where their priorities lie. How long would they have been at Windsor before something better came along anyway. It all sounds very strange to me !!!!

Jeez!

All Stott will be interested in is getting the best man for the job within the budget available.

Has it not occurred to you that both Scott and Mudge have a decent record / reputation and just might command a bigger salary than Windsor FC can pay just yet?

Dave Mudge was interviewed for the job,according to the Maidenhead Advertiser by Windsor F.C. 5 weeks ago.But was overlooked.

Does it not seem strange that he obviously wanted the job but was overlooked after doing such a good job last season. Who the hell do Windsor expect to get thats any better.

Now we hear the two managers Kevin Stott was after are now interested in other jobs. That really shows where their priorities lie. How long would they have been at Windsor before something better came along anyway. It all sounds very strange to me !!!!

Jeez!

All Stott will be interested in is getting the best man for the job within the budget available.

Has it not occurred to you that both Scott and Mudge have a decent record / reputation and just might command a bigger salary than Windsor FC can pay just yet?

Scott Yes Mudge No

Well it would say a lot about Mr Stott and the new regime if he went back to Mudge and offered him the job, knowing that despite his obvious love of the club he may actually turn it down after being snubbed.

Windsor FC is offering Fans to become founder members (in exchange for their money of course) so should the powers that be listen to the Fans views and be a bit more transparent and open with them?

On a positive note the publicity generated by the saga has to be good for the new club :applaus:

Very well said Green Pea, but if its in the best interest of the club and its what a large proportion of the supporters want, then thats surely what they should do. If Dave Mudge is not employed somewhere else yet then I would have thought he would accept the Windsor Job, especially considering the support he seems to have behind him by a vast amount of supporters.

WCW,

David Mudge was not overlooked, he was interviewed and out of respect to his position as the last Manager of Windsor & Eton F.C. he was given the first opportunity to present his case to the Interviewing Panel.

Regarding Byron Walton and Keith Scott and their respective coaches, I have to say that they have acted with complete integrity in the way they have managed the interview process and I am more than comfortable that the other opportunities that have arisen for them both were purely coincidental in terms of timing. I also think that it reflects well on their respective abilities that they are in demand.

However to put all of this into perspective my personal experience is that if Managers are good they go and if they are not good they go; so it is always prudent in my opinion to make sure that whatever decision you make in relation to a Manager, the over-riding consideration has to be the long term future of the club that will be there long after they have gone.

Maybe Kevin will be managing the team himself, you never know !!!

WCW,

David Mudge was not overlooked, he was interviewed and out of respect to his position as the last Manager of Windsor & Eton F.C. he was given the first opportunity to present his case to the Interviewing Panel.

Regarding Byron Walton and Keith Scott and their respective coaches, I have to say that they have acted with complete integrity in the way they have managed the interview process and I am more than comfortable that the other opportunities that have arisen for them both were purely coincidental in terms of timing. I also think that it reflects well on their respective abilities that they are in demand.

However to put all of this into perspective my personal experience is that if Managers are good they go and if they are not good they go; so it is always prudent in my opinion to make sure that whatever decision you make in relation to a Manager, the over-riding consideration has to be the long term future of the club that will be there long after they have gone.

Jeez!

Scott Yes Mudge No

Smudge,

I may have misinterpreted your use of the word, 'overlooked' I thought by that you meant that he had not been interviewed - apologies

As I said Dave Mudge was interviewed as you confirm,so working on that theory,if he did not get the position,he was overlooked surely.

Smudge,

I may have misinterpreted your use of the word, 'overlooked' I thought by that you meant that he had not been interviewed - apologies

As I said Dave Mudge was interviewed as you confirm,so working on that theory,if he did not get the position,he was overlooked surely.

Hello Woody,

Nice to hear from you again.

The Running Track:

To give you some perspective,this was installed in2000 because at the time the old club was struggling to find trainingfacilities. The main wear and tear on a pitch is caused by repetitive trainingdrills in specific areas. The running track provided a synthetic trainingsurface which could be used by coaches to carry out those training drills on ahard wearing surface without damage to the pitch. Training on the pitch couldthen be limited to, 'pattern of play' and 'small sided games' both of which bycomparison cause less wear and tear. In this way we were able tocreate a self contained training facility.

In addition at the time there where problems withdrainage on that side of the pitch which were also alleviated by theinstallation of the running track. I paid for the installation myself at nocost to the club.

Founder Members Scheme:

I think this is a brilliant initiative created byFraser Silvey our Commercial Director. We realise these are challengingeconomic times, but that's not a reason in my opinion not to try new initiatives.Of course some people will not be able to afford it, but this is unfortunatelythe way with most things. If you have any other original thoughts on how we canraise money please let either myself of Fraser know. To coin a muchused phrase, 'every little helps.'

<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"><br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

Maybe the Club are getting their main priorities in place first,Ground without which no Club can survive,Finance,maybe the supporters take up on the sponsorship project,has not been as well taken up,as expected.Interesting topic though.

In the real world £250 quid for really a season ticket and a brick with your name on it at Combined counties level is a bit much for the average man on the street! Yes it's for 'founder' membership but try telling that to your Wife, kids, Goldfish!

Wish the best of luck to the new club but it's been run by the man who brought the 'running' track to Stag Meadow!

Jeez!

Scott Yes Mudge No

After reams of sniping has WCW had a change of heart to write that Scott has a decent record/reputation and Mudge doesn't. Add the two together and you get the potential salary difference between them. Seemples!

Jeez!

Scott Yes Mudge No

After reams of sniping has WCW had a change of heart to write that Scott has a decent record/reputation and Mudge doesn't. Add the two together and you get the potential salary difference between them. Seemples!

I think its fair to say Kevin Stott has taken quite some time to answer all queries and rumours on this forum. Fair play to him as not many Chairman take the time to come on their club forums to dispell supporters queries about their club. Good luck for the new season and I look forward to seeing who our manager will be next week. See you all at the first game. Bye for now !!!!!! lol

According to this the decision will be made in the next 48 hours (as of the 14th), so we might not hear until tomorrow.

http://www.maidenhea...ement-imminent/

48 hrs from 11th is 14th Maximum,15th today,wait for Fridays Paper methinks.Any news on a lease yet?

Not sure it would be announced first in the local paper smudge. I would think it would be on the clubs official website first

just out of respect to their supporters ! Are you sure its not you and Nice Guy going in as a joint team ! Like Clough and Taylor ?

Wallis and Vomit morelike Yossa.

YOU SHOULDN'T BE CALLING YOURSELF VOMIT SMUDGE IT DOESN'T BECOME YOU........LOL !!! IT WAS GOOD TO MEET AT THE CHARITY GAME ON SATURDAY.

managers have been hassling players for weeks now to get them down to their club to do pre season. Windsor fc dont even have one player committed to the club. They are so far behind in preparation. I just thought that the new regime would have been more interested in getting up and running instead of getting the absolute right man for the job.

JJ could it be that no manager has been revealed yet 'cos Windsor haven't finalised their lease yet ?

One would have thought that would have been the major priority in starting up a new club to secure a ground forst.......Windsor supporters what would happen if you cannot get the agreed lease where does Windsor FC stand then ?

My belief is when the lease has been secured the manager will be revealed............ ???

MMmmmmmmmmmm??????????, No one comes to mind. Maybe you should have applied Steve??

JJ Yossa did apply..........................watch this space !!!

still not getting this tongue in cheek stuff are you NG??

I know he applied which is why i wrote what i wrote......Oh dear dear me! TAXI FOR NICE GUY!! doh.gif

a football coach with a proven record at step 5, has one trophies at step 5, very committed, knows a wealth of players at step 5 and step 4, would do wonders with a budget in excess of £700..........

You could do worse than Koo Dumbaya.

JJ 'cos you're leaving Cove you've suggested Koo to leave as well ?..... and there's me thinking you used to wear Cove on your sleeve.........Oh no that would leave Duncs as manager....... oh no, he's not the assistant anymore .........lol !

Windor FC I know a good cone collecter and water bottle carrier .....lol !!!

To be fair I'm just glad to have a club.. if Kevin Stott wants to appoint Tinky Winky thats fine by me.. The only manager of recent times I would be nervous about returning is Simon Lane. But at the end of the day its Kevins choice... (although a word to the wise Kevin have you seen telly tubby houses? Those buggers get under the pitch and they are worse than moles..)