Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor FC budget

Windsor Rebel

I have heard from a reliable source at Windsor FC that the playing budget is such that the new manager will have no choice but to play youth team/

youngsters and local players willing to offer their services for free. No experienced players would be tempted. Not trying to stir, just relaying

what I have heard after speaking to someone on the committee. Just hope you get a team together for the game against us.

I have heard from a reliable source at Windsor FC that the playing budget is such that the new manager will have no choice but to play youth team/

youngsters and local players willing to offer their services for free. No experienced players would be tempted. Not trying to stir, just relaying

what I have heard after speaking to someone on the committee. Just hope you get a team together for the game against us.

Not true

WCW - how come you are reliably informed please do tell?!

Most senior players will have committed themselves to sides already, so what senior players have you signed?

How the hell do I know. We haven't even got a manager.

The Chairman wanted Keith Scott and he does not come cheap. So I'm just telling you that there is probably more money available than you think.

WCW - how come you are reliably informed please do tell?!

I cannot tell you that but it is very reliable.

As I stated in my first post, you will be unlikely to get any senior, experienced players.

You stated that they would have to play youth team players first due to lack of funds - That was what I was commenting on.

I don't think the budget will be a problem, more likely the league they are playing in unless they do get an experienced manager with contacts.

Edited by WCW

Hello Windsor Rebel,

I thought it would be useful if I replied personally to your comment. I think it would be fair to say that I am the most reliable source available, if there is another one I haven't met them yet!

1) Windsor F.C. will have a budget.

2) As best as I can tell it will be competitive - there is always so much rhetoric surrounding budgets that it's not the easiest thing to judge.

3) I think we will be able to tempt a mixture of experienced and local players. If there are players in the Youth Team that are capable we will most certainly give them a chance.

4) Most importantly the primary consideration for us has to be to make sure that the budget is sustainable.

Even without a Manager confirmed, a number of discussions have taken place with players and I am as confident as anyone can be at this time of the year that we will provide good opposition to Slough Town on the 16 th July. If you'd like to make yourself known to me on the day I will more than happily welcome you into the Board Room for a cup of tea!

I trust this clarifies the situation.

WCW,

I was one of a panel of 3 people who interviewed a number of candidates. We identified 11 Key Performance Criteria and each candidate was judged against these criteria such as; qualifications, track record, coaching ability, administration and communication to name a few. We then judged each of the Key Performance Criteria out of 12 as follows:

1-2 POOR, 3-4 AVERAGE, 5-6 ACCEPTABLE,7-8 GOOD, 9-10 VERY GOOD, 11-12 EXCELLENT.

In this way we arrived at our short list. The chosen shortlisted candidates were unanimously agreed upon by the panel. For the record both Keith Scott and Byron Walton and their respective coaches where not at all demanding in relation to their personal terms. In fact I would describe their personal requirements as both modest and fair.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Most senior players will have committed themselves to sides already, so what senior players have you signed?

How the hell do I know. We haven't even got a manager.

The Chairman wanted Keith Scott and he does not come cheap. So I'm just telling you that there is probably more money available than you think.

A welcome breath of fresh air from Mr Stott, and some much-needed relief from the endless stream of the hot but sad variety that WCW seems happy to inflict on the club and its supporters. You and I Claudius would make a wonderful duo, although it has provided a high level of amusement.

Well that might clarify a few things for you RR Mr Stott himself gave you a personal reply!!!!! A lot of rumor I have heard this and I have heard that on the forum the last few days but the only concrete thing we do know is this.

1) Keith Scott and Byron Walton were preferred choices.

2) They both seem to have recieved what they believe to be better offers.

3) Nothing to confirm that both have accepted these offers (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

So what now who knows as much as we as fans think we should know about budgets in reality we are not going to know how much it is or is not going to be fact!! Not an ideal situation to be in having no manager as yet but in all fairness we thought one would be in place by now but it is not. Does anybody really think the club would of placed an announcement stating the new manager would be in place by wednesday without really thinking it would happen no!! I for one am not bothered about the budget just yet to be honest as long as by the 6th August I have a team to watch.

Keith Scott you can understand, Byron Walton has seen his last 2 clubs finish in relegation positions?

There are some good CCL managers past and present who would have been good options, seems like they didn't make it on to the shortlist??????? Yossa, PB, Weeble all would have created a successful side if interviewed.

SurreysFinest,

It's always a tough one shortlisting Managers. Whenever I can I try to give people the opportunity to liberate their talent - and I'm sure you're right any one of the people that you've mentioned would have been, 'good options.'

I obviously agree with you about Keith Scott.

My personal experience of Byron has always been good. I have to say it was always going to be a tough job for both Byron and David Mudge to take over at Beaconsfield SYCOB with just 14 games to go. I think it's a fair reflection on their Chairman's faith in Byron that he has just appointed him as Manager with Peter Scott as Coach - and Peter Scott is an EXCEPTIONAL coach.

Keith Scott you can understand, Byron Walton has seen his last 2 clubs finish in relegation positions?

There are some good CCL managers past and present who would have been good options, seems like they didn't make it on to the shortlist??????? Yossa, PB, Weeble all would have created a successful side if interviewed.

A welcome breath of fresh air from Mr Stott, and some much-needed relief from the endless stream of the hot but sad variety that WCW seems happy to inflict on the club and its supporters. You and I Claudius would make a wonderful duo, although it has provided a high level of amusement.

Well, Blackadder, I am glad that I have provided you with some amusement. My point still stands, the season starts on the 6th August and we still do not have a manager in place. I note Kevin's comments that he hopes to make an appointment next week, let's hope there are no further delays.

I Claudius,

In an ideal world we would have appointed a Manager by now and I am acutely conscious of the need to get this resolved as soon as possible. Rest assured that we have been and are working extremely hard to resolve this.

Well, Blackadder, I am glad that I have provided you with some amusement. My point still stands, the season starts on the 6th August and we still do not have a manager in place. I note Kevin's comments that he hopes to make an appointment next week, let's hope there are no further delays.

That will depend if the third choice turns it down I guess...