Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 30/31 August

I was at Potters Bar watching the Hadley vs Levy game. Very even game of football until the last 10 minutes when Levy wanted to win the game and Hadley wanted a point. Levy player sent off in the last few minutes but a good pass and shot saw Levy home with a 1 - 0 win and 5 wins from 5 games in the league.

Nice people at Hadley.

Hanwell Town v Leverstock Green This Sat 3rd Sept KO 3.

New league fixture for this Saturday if you didnt already know.

rolleyes.gif

And its at home Savage Bee biggrin.png

Home or Away it does'nt matter we will still lose :P

Cheers! Thanks for the optimism.

rolleyes.gif

Home or Away it does'nt matter we will still lose tongue.png

I was joking mate :rolleyes: i will be there on Saturday cheering the Town on as always!

Edited by Savagebee

Reynolds is on 100 a game, 30 a goal, 10 an assist, 20 win bonus and 10 for a draw

Keeps – Really, well that doesn’t surprise me at all as he is worth every penny

rolleyes.gif

I was joking mate :rolleyes: i will be there on Saturday cheering the Town on as always!

Me too mate! ;) & i'll be there hopefully contributing to a win over Leverkusen Green (watever their name is)

Are u sure Rhodes,

Stuart reynolds is not a bad player but that is all.

There are many strikers in and around Mk alone that I would much rather have in my team.

My guess is that Rhodes has Just seen this player a handful of times and bases his opinion on tht alone. Which is fair enough.

Also with him being asked to play for royston in my eyes he did not turn this down due to his loyalty to ampthill but because he likes being a big fish in a small pond, no offence meant to cranfield but with all the talk of ampthill and there new improved squad he chooses this year to jump ship!

For a player of division one level to be paid anywhere near that amount the people running that club need to have their heads checked.

Tuesday 30 August

Division One

6-0 Cockfosters v Kentish Town

A report on this one from another’s Forum:

Cockfosters 6-0 Kentish Town

Spartan South Midlands League Division One

Admission: £4

Attendance: 68

Cockfosters dominated this game but scored all six of their goals in the final 15 minutes of each half as Kentish Town appeared to collapse after ok starts on both occasions. Lots of complaining from the Kentish Town bench that decisions weren't going their way and though they were maybe right up to a point they were certainly second best on the night.

Have posted photos and more info on my blog.

To check out my groundhopping blog visit http://groundhopperutd.blogspot.com/

Tuesday 30 August

Premier Division

4-0 Oxhey Jets v AFC Dunstable

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

http://www.afcdunstable.com/news.php?team_id=9&n_id=199

A further report on this well covered affair from another’s Forum:

Spartan South Midland League Premier Division

Oxhey Jets 4 AFC Dunstable 0

Admission & Programme £6

Attendance 54

Becoming a bit boring, liked the ground, lots of bits added as they have progressed and a rather alarming drop off behind the dugouts, which needs to be scaffolded to stop members of the management disappearing in moments of frustration!

Programme was black and white with a colour cover, which the locals took off and handed back to be re-used for the next game.

Fairly even opening, then Oxhey played some great passing football, for this level, running out easy winners.

Tuesday 30 August

Premier Division

2-0 Berkhamsted v Hatfield Town

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

A report on this one from another’s Forum:

Tuesday 30 August 2011 – Spartan South Midlands Premier

Berkhamsted (yellow & blue sleeves/blue/blue) 2 – 0 Hatfield Town (orange/white/white) Attend – 123

This is a new ground for me and two new teams. Berkhamsted’s ground is located adjacent to the north-bound platform of Berkhamsted station. Berkhamsted quickly built up a two goal lead and that is how it finished. Most of the game was one-way in Berkhamsted’s favour. Hatfield Town’s defence coped better in the second half and would have been relieved not to have let in more goals, fortunately Berkhamsted showed little interest after going two goals up.

Man of the Match: Jordan Toomey (Berkhamsted)

Tuesday 30 August

Premier Division

3-4 Broxbourne Borough v Hertford Town

A report on this exciting affair from another’s Forum:

Broxbourne Borough 3 v 4 Hertford Town - Spartan Premier Division

Prog - 60 pages W/A - Att 95 - Admission £6.00

One of those grounds that I should have ventured too years ago, a bit ramshackle but with plenty of charm. Comfortable 35 minute walk out from Cheshunt station.

Crazy game with Hertford pulling back a 1-3 deficit to snare the three points. There is a much better and very witty report on the Hertford website for those interested to peruse. There were two own goals (one for each team) one of which saw a Broxbourne shot rebound back off the bar and strike Robinson in the Hertford goal on the back of the head and trickle over the line.

Two sendings off with Broxbourne's Skinner receiving a rather farcical red card after he pulled back Hertford's Wade a long time after the latter had lost possession. Evans sent a weak penalty straight at Thompson.

Brilliant run and shot from Hertford's Johnson put them level and then a cross into the middle struck Roberts and the ball looped over Thompson. Overall Hertford just about deserved the win if only because they adapted to playing with ten men better than their opponents.

rolleyes.gif

I was joking mate rolleyes.gif i will be there on Saturday cheering the Town on as always!

Me too mate! wink.png & i'll be there hopefully contributing to a win over Leverkusen Green (watever their name is)

Thats good to hear!

We have players that should be doing a lot better then they are doing at the mo! we have 3 good strikers that can all score goals and midfielders that can boss the game and chip in with a few goals aswell and good solid defenders and a very good Keeper we should be playing better. I noticed a few of our players head go down after we let in the first goal against Haringey and there heads never got back up again we also lack Height in the team which i think we need. Anyway i will be there tomorrow cheering you and the Town on!

Edited by Savagebee

Wednesday 31 August

Division One

3 2 Crawley Green v Buckingham Athletic

A brief report on this affair from another’s Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

Crawley Green 3-2 Buckingham Athletic

Admission £5.00 (gone up) including prog Coffee 60p (all I could afford - thank God I had my trusty Cornish pasty with me)

Attendance 25

After last season's heroics, Crawley Green seem to have struggled a bit. However, after going 0-2 down, they came back strongly to take all three points and hopefully this will kick-start their season.

Are u sure Rhodes,

Stuart reynolds is not a bad player but that is all.

There are many strikers in and around Mk alone that I would much rather have in my team.

My guess is that Rhodes has Just seen this player a handful of times and bases his opinion on tht alone. Which is fair enough.

Also with him being asked to play for royston in my eyes he did not turn this down due to his loyalty to ampthill but because he likes being a big fish in a small pond, no offence meant to cranfield but with all the talk of ampthill and there new improved squad he chooses this year to jump ship

For a player of division one level to be paid anywhere near that amount the people running that club need to have their heads checked

Gloryhorn15 – Well at least the great man is prompting some good debate and bringing members out of the woodwork as I see that was only your second post. I have seen Reynolds play on numerous occasions and never seen him put a foot wrong, he is a natural footballer with an old fashioned Liam Brady, Alan Hudson, Paul Gascoigne and Glenn Hoddle type touch and could have gone all the way had he been ambitious enough. I heard on the grapevine about the proposed move to Royston Town a while back however I believe that broke down due to the travelling involved rather than him not wanting to play for the Garden Walk Club

rolleyes.gif

I was joking mate rolleyes.gif i will be there on Saturday cheering the Town on as always!

Me too mate! wink.png & i'll be there hopefully contributing to a win over Leverkusen Green (watever their name is)

Thats good to hear!

We have players that should be doing a lot better then they are doing at the mo! we have 3 good strikers that can all score goals and midfielders that can boss the game and chip in with a few goals aswell and good solid defenders and a very good Keeper we should be playing better. I noticed a few of our players head go down after we let in the first goal against Haringey and there heads never got back up again we also lack Height in the team which i think we need. Anyway i will be there tomorrow cheering you and the Town on!

Is Charlie playing up top? Top man Charlie that fella has some engine, Blaise needs a creative midfielder otherwise he aint scoring form his own doing, Millsy was his supplier of many goals, Shaun on the other hand will make his own goals but is not gonna make them......just feel Hanwell miss that cutting edge.

Rhodes - I am not for one second saying that Stuart is not a good player I am just debating whether he would be worth the money specified as you concluded.

I just feel there are a few of strikers who are as good as if not better around the area.

Also if that is the case then I am sorry for the comment, but i just read between the lines visable to myself and gave an opinion.

Reynolds is on 100 a game, 30 a goal, 10 an assist, 20 win bonus and 10 for a draw

If the above was the case then surely you have to say it’s money well spent, people will flock to Crawley Road to watch Reynolds play which will mean increased bar and food revenue