Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 22nd October (Fixtures & Results)

Cliff/NF be good to see you both Saturday

I doubt I'll have anything to say to NeutralFan if I should bump into him tomorrow

Mile End stadium for us on Saturday. Anyone ever been to the ground for a game? Heard good and bad.

Played and scored there against Tower Hamlets in the early 90's. Bit of a sh*t hole then and doubt it's changed much. Hoping to get down to catch the game.

That is ace! Why you not playing sat NF?

I have as of this week packed in senior footie. I have an ongoing back issue that needs addressing. Had a pretty good innings! Happens both my first and last SSML games were at Coles Park against Haringey

I have as of this week packed in senior footie. I have an ongoing back issue that needs addressing. Had a pretty good innings! Happens both my first and last SSML games were at Coles Park against Haringey

Fair play, my old man always said your a long time retired, very true. I'm sure someone will tempt you out for the odd game to kick lumps out of some cocky little forward..

I'm still going to be playing, just Vets and my mates side. Taking it easier

Good, best to go on as long as the legs will let you......Steve Claridge back in the game.....again, this time at Gosport

Edited by Winslow Boy

Take up refereeing. :D

Brit, I think Bethnal Green must go into the game as favourites but we fancy our chances in a one off game in a cup that holds a lot of history for our club.

Some might call it "The Magic of the Cup".

Whatever happens, good luck to all SSMFL teams in the Vase this weekend.

Jonno. Like any Club. Hoddy should fancy their chances in a one-time game!!! Good Luck!!!

Team News

(Broxbourne Borough V&E v Dunstable Town)

BROXBOROUGH BOROUGH V&E: Thompson, Mitchell-Coop, Kendall, Bostock, Bradshaw, Skinner, Akuwudike, Broom, Williams, Doyle, Burrell. (Subs) Adedye, MacPherson, Tikare, Collins, Holmes.

DUNSTABLE TOWN: Taylor, Dogbe, Wood, Leach, Bruce, Gray, Brennan, Reynolds, Judge, Frater, Holmes. (Subs) Roache, Hutchins, Henney, Boyce, Burgoyne.

(Hatfield Town v Aylesbury United)

HATFIELD TOWN: Lacey, Sawyer, Welsh, Golder, Coley, Cooke, Arnott, (T)Caswell, Dray, (J) Caswell, Webb. (Subs) Newman, Millard, North, Oboy.

AYLESBURY UNITED: Sillitoe, Wood, Gordon, Flood, Mulholland, Barnett, Hallford, Dimitrov, Baines, Field, Acheampong. (Subs) Simpson, Joyce, Edgeworth, Timberlake.

(London Tigers v Leverstock Green)

LONDON TIGERS: Woodley, Salih, Aristide, Larin, Ngeno, Beyene, Bettamer, Attalah, Barinovas, Ahmidi, Cariba. (Subs) Hassan, Movelitze, Thomas, Manuel.

LEVERSTOCK GREEN: Tinsley, Bircham, Shadbolt, Biggi, West, Culaj, Stobbs, Preston, Hallissey, Butler, Insley. (Subs) Hatch, Boyle, Pritchard, Norris, Tasker.

(Stotfold v Hertford Town)

HERTFORD TOWN: Robinson, Cooper, Gordon, Maybury, Efedua, Mcardle, Nzuruba, Hunt, Bangora, Draper, Roberts. (Subs) Wade, Packer, Hussain, Nathan, N Robinson.

An early team update. Ryan Gordon turned his ankle in the warm up. Niall Robinson now starts at no 3.

Edited by Karen Browne

AYLESBURY UNITED: Sillitoe, Wood, Gordon, Flood, Mulholland, Barnett, Hallford, Dimitrov, Baines, Field, Acheampong. (Subs) Simpson, Joyce, Edgeworth, Timberlake.

Am I seeing things, Melford Simpson only a substitute!

(Barking v Royston Town)

BFC 0 RTFC 1. Kaan Fehmi converts from the spot after a foul in the box on Dalton O'Brien.

(Bethnal Green United v Hoddesdon Town)

Ten minutes gone 0 0

1-0 to Bethnal Green United. Header from a corner totally unmarked. This after a great point blank save from K Extence.

Josh Smith free kick, well saved.

39 mins Hoddesdon Town struggling to dictate play, need to liven up.

Ben Hart felled by outrageous two footed tackle. Only a yellow, Shocking.

Dean Brennan forces a point blank save from ex-Blue Ed Thompson. The first meaningful chance of the game.

Goal '14: Broxbourne Borough 0-1 Dunstable Town. Peter Holmes' corner is flicked in from the front post by Nick Leach.

Boro skipper Leon Skinner goes in the book for pulling Frater down off the ball.

Frater goes in the book for handling the ball, although in fairness he was pushed in to it by a defender.

1. Save from Sillitoe to deny Dray from a move down the right and one-two

2. Corner kick cleared out for a throw by Acheampong after Dray had made contact with a header

3. Hatfield free-kick curled in by Golder but headed easily away by Flood

3. Ball in from the right, good interception from Flood to turn the ball past the post

4. Dimitrov seemingly pushed to the ground in the box, nothing doing

5. Another move down the right, Arnott fed Sawyer whose cross headed well over by Dray

7. Wood throw into the box flicked on by Field but no one there to finish

10. Sawyer cheap free kick conceded for handball. Swung in from the left by Hallford, headed over by Mulholland at the back post. Should have done better

11. Ball dropped to Carl Webb who caught his shot all wrong, way wide

13. Great block from Baines saw him then bring the ball out and release Dimitrov, but he couldn't make the most of a run at the defence

14. Let off for Mulholland and Sillitoe, Mulholland trying to head the ball back to him but misjudging his position. Sillitoe had to dive to claim the ball and smother at the 2nd attempt

15. Webb flicked header from just inside the box easily fielded by Sillitoe

16. Sawyer picked up the loose ball, ambitious effort well wide

20. Jason Caswell landed hard on the ground following a challenge with Gordon, but he seems ok again

23. Hatfield clearance ricocheted back off another player setting Acheampong free on goal, couldn't get a shot away though

24. Acheampong shot kicked off the line after a brief scramble

28. Long Gordon throw met by Acheampong but plucked out of the air by the keeper

29. Field put in by Acheampong, dangerous ball in headed behind by a defender

30. The corner flicked across goal caused a scramble, handball appeal in there too. Ball eventually redelivered by Hallford, header flicked all the way across goal by Acheampong

31. Shot in from Golder diverted just over by Wood with an outstretched boot

33. Corner for Aylesbury after a panicky sliced clearance behind. Came to nothing.

37. Barnett fouled by Arnott, handbags between the two. Both warned by the referee. Cooke booked for getting involved

38. Mulholland header at a corner dropped just over the bar

43. Hallford brings the ball forward, spotted to keeper off his line so tried an audacious 35-yard shot which floated just over

45. Hallford with a couple of balls into the box, we just can't force it in

HT: Hatfield 0-0 Aylesbury: Far from a classic, but a vast improvement on Wednesday's performance

Chance on 16 mins. Roberts just wide with a free kick.

Stotfold 1 Hertford 0. 35 mins All that good work comes to nothing then goal. Shot from distance somehow eludes Robbo.

(London Colney v Welwyn Garden City)

Following an even first half London Colney snatch the lead seconds before the whistle.

Elsewhere

Berkhamsted lead Harefield United 1-0 after 25 minutes.

Haringey Borough strike twice in as many minutes just before the interval against Hadley

Edited by Karen Browne

Half Times

FA CARLSBERG VASE First Round Proper

0-1 Barking v Royston Town

1-0 Bethnal Green United v Hoddesdon Town

2-0 Haringey Borough v Hadley

PREMIER DIVISION

1-0 Berkhamsted v Haringey Borough

0-1 Broxbourne Borough V&E v Dunstable Town

0-0 Hatfield Town v Aylesbury United

1-0 London Tigers v Leverstock Green

1-0 Stotfold v Hertford Town

DIVISION ONE

1-0 London Colney v Welwyn Garden City

Edited by Karen Browne

Early Second half goals,

Both Berkhamsted and London Colney increase their leads to 2-0 in the opening minutes of the second half.

Welwyn Garden City respond almost immediately - now London Colney 2 Welwyn Garden City 1

Edited by Karen Browne

(Barking v Royston Town)

Martin Standen sent off for two yellow card offences.

(Bethnal Green United v Hoddesdon Town)

Can't believe Hoddesdon Town are still in it. Playing shockingly bad, can't make a 5 yard pass. Still 1 nil down.

2 nil down Hoddesdon Town decide to pass the ball along the 6 yard box, Massey loses it, striker tucks it past KE. Awful

Amazingly T Boxer pulls 1 back. Heads in from a miscued clearance. Too little too late? Let's see.... Game on!

Goal '53: Broxbourne Borough 1-1 Dunstable Town. A wind-assisted cross is tapped in by Williams. Town are slow to start.

Goal '71: Broxbourne Borough 2-1 Dunstable Town. Taylor loses sight of a free kick in the low sun. We can't string a pass together this half

No changes at the break, and we're underway again...

1. Low ball in from Hallford turned onto the bar by a defender, Field on the rebound shot blocked. Second rebound fired wide by Acheampong

3. Field won the ball back, found Acheampong who set him away, shot not good enough to beat the keeper

4. Hatfield sub: Millard on for Terry Caswell

5. Aylesbury sub: Simpson on for the injured Dimitrov. Another injury probably the last thing we needed!

8. Field in down the right, low cross lacked the power to find Simpson

10. Hallford corner headed over by Simpson with the help of a deflection

11. Second corner kick caused a scramble, nearly forced over the line by Simpson

12. Clumsy challenge from Baines to concede free-kick. Golder's effort more than tame, straight to Sillitoe

13. Ball dropped over top for Simpson, fired in half-volley outside the area beaten away by the keeper and out for a corner

15. 4th corner of the second half already. Grabbed by the keeper

All Aylesbury pressure here but it's coming to nothing... so far

20. Baines scuffed effort wide after Simpson and Acheampong set him up

23. Hallford run down the right, cross evades everybody

The fact our forwards are offside virtually every time the ball comes forward is not helping our cause!

26. Acheampong jinking run into the box, cross drifts over everybody

27. Hatfield sub: North on for Arnott

29. Acheampong won the ball back on the left, beat his man to get into the box. Shot near post deflected behind for yet another corner

30. Simspon gets right underneath the header at the far post and puts the ball well over

34. GOAL! 1-0 Aylesbury. Field rolls a finish calmly into the net after heading over the defender on the end of Acheampong's pass

36. Hatfield sub: Newman on for Golder

38. Deep free kick nearly found Simpson close in at goal but he couldn't quite reach the ball with his head

39. Baines spurned a glorious chance to settle it after fine play from Simpson and then a pass from Hallford put him through one-on-one but the keeper saved

42. Another great chance came and went. Field inadvertently played in by a wayward Hatfield pass. Scuffed his shot wide when one-one-one

44. Big penalty let off for the Ducks as Mulholland handles Sawyer's shot, turned away

That was Hatfield's first shot of the half

45. North with a hopeful shot on the edge of the box which drifts over

45. And another great chance! Simpson with great strength to release Field, he played Barnett through who went around the keeper but couldn't finish

FT: Hatfield 0-1 Aylesbury: Patience paid off for the Ducks with Field's late winner doing the job

GOAL. Stotfold 1 Hertford 1. 57 minutes. Shot from distance by Nzuruba deflected. Bangura reacts fastest and slots neatly under the keeper.

Chance. Roberts corner causes problems. Bangura heads goalwards. Hits keeper rather than a save. Draper follow up just over. 64 mins.

And at London Colney its now London Colney 3 Welwyn Garden City 2

Elsewhere in the FA Vase

Tring Athletic 3-1 Hullbridge Sports with about 10 mins to go.

Premier Division Update

Berkhamsted 3 Harefield United 2

Edited by Karen Browne