Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 22nd October (Fixtures & Results)

FA CARLSBERG VASE First Round Proper

0-1 Barking v Royston Town

0-4 Basildon United v Ampthill Town

3-1 Bethnal Green United v Hoddesdon Town

2-3* Binfield v Hillingdon Borough

1-2 Hanwell Town v Wantage Town

2-0 Haringey Borough v Hadley

1-6 Oxhey Jets v Enfield 1893

2-1 Southend Manor v Biggleswade United

3-2 Tring Athletic v Hullbridge Sports

2-5 Winslow United v Buckingham Town

PREMIER DIVISION

0-2 AFC Dunstable v St Margaretsbury

3-2 Berkhamsted v Harefield United

2-1 Broxbourne Borough V&E v Dunstable Town

3-6 Colney Heath v Holmer Green

0-1 Hatfield Town v Aylesbury United

1-0 London Tigers v Leverstock Green

1-1 Stotfold v Hertford Town

DIVISION ONE

5-0 Amersham Town v Sun Postal Sports

1-1 Bedford v Cockfosters

1-0 Buckingham Athletic v London Lions

4-0 Cranfield United v Tokyngton Manor

6-0 Harpenden Town v Wodson Park

2-4 Kentish Town v Crawley Green

1-2 Kings Langley v Langford

3-2 London Colney v Welwyn Garden City

3-1 New Bradwell St Peter v Stony Stratford Town

DIVISION TWO

2-2 Aston Clinton v MK Wanderers

1-5 Caddington v Mursley United

1-2 Hale Leys United v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

1-3 Kent Athletic v Risborough Rangers

4-2 The 61FC (Luton) v Bletchley Town

1-1 Tring Corinthians v Old Bradwell United

BEDS INTERMEDIATE CUP Second Round

Crawley Green Reserves v Ampthill Town Reserves

Four Model v The 61FC (Luton) Reserves

Henlow v Stotfold Reserves

Langford Reserves v Luton Boys

Lidlington United Sports Club v Kent Athletic Reserves

Southcott Village v Totternhoe Reserves

St Josephs v AFC Dunstable Reserves

HERTS INTERMEDIATE CUP First Round

Bishops Stortford Swifts v Oxhey Jets Reserves

1-5 Chipperfield Corinthians v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

Royston Town Reserves v St Albans City Reserves

1-0 St Margaretsbury Reserves v Old Parmiterians

Sun Postal Sports Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

3-0 Welwyn Garden City Reserves v Bovingdon Reserves

BERKS & BUCKS JUNIOR CUP Second Round

P-P Fairford Leys v New Bradwell St Peters Reserves

Grendon Rangers Reserves v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

Marsh Gibbon v Bletchley Town Reserves

Milton Keynes Churches v Winslow United Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

P-P Cockfosters Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves

Hatfield Town Reserves v London Colney Reserves

0-2 Risborough Rangers Reserves v Hadley Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

4-1 London Lions Reserves v Harpenden Town Reserves

4-1 Old Bradwell United Reserves v Stony Stratford Town Reserves

Edited by Karen Browne

Hoddesdon were the better side during the second period and had they not given away two 'criminal' goals they may well have taken the game to extra time and a possible replay. Nice to see Jonno and Roger but NeutralFan was conspicuous by his absence.

FA Vase....final score

Basildon United 0-4 Ampthill Town

A good win for Ampthill but with all due respect Basildon United must be a poor side

I can see as many as 7 making the Second Round (Royston Town, Ampthill Town, Hillingdon Borough, Biggleswade United, Tring Athletic, Winslow United and of course Haringey Borough).

But then again what do I know about football.

Oh dear both Biggleswade United and Winslow United let me down.

Hoddesdon were the better side during the second period and had they not given away two 'criminal' goals they may well have taken the game to extra time and a possible replay. Nice to see Jonno and Roger but NeutralFan was conspicuous by his absence.

My tee off time at The Grove was later than I thought making if impossible to get there, even for second half!

I can see as many as 7 making the Second Round (Royston Town, Ampthill Town, Hillingdon Borough, Biggleswade United, Tring Athletic, Winslow United and of course Haringey Borough).

But then again what do I know about football.

Oh dear both Biggleswade United and Winslow United let me down.

Was on the line for this one.

Southend Manor just shaded it although Biggleswade United had enough of the play to have come away with something from the game.

1-2 Hanwell Town v Wantage Town :angry:

We should have got a draw at the very least today we played really well but like most games this season we struggled to put the ball in the back of the net we were by far the better team for the last 15mins of the first half and by far the better team for the whole of the second half. Jayde Spence scored our goal from the spot. Most of the Hanwell team played well today but for me Scott Ensom was our best player today and he is only 18.

Confirmed today was that Blaise O'Brien advised the club of his retirement from the game this week :( his last game for the club was against Hillingdon ( One of his former clubs ) on Tuesday. He scored 112 goals in 165 games for Hanwell Town and going in to todays game he was our top goal scorer this season with 6 goals but after todays game Jayde Spence joins him on 6 goals for the season. Blaise O'Brien was a great player for the club and he will be a very hard player to replace :( LEGEND ;)

FA Vase....final score

quality result Ampthill, well done craig , steve and goody and of course all the lads

pat

cheers mate great game we played well first half . also missed another pen lol . well done to you and the lads today great result . did protain play ?

It seems we have a difference regard the FA Vase game between Binfield and Hillingdon Borough.

Football Mitoo shows a 3-2 aet win for Hillingdon Borough whilst the e-mailed results from Jim Bean show a 3-2 aet win for Binfield.

FA Vase....final score

quality result Ampthill, well done craig , steve and goody and of course all the lads

pat

cheers mate great game we played well first half . also missed another pen lol . well done to you and the lads today great result . did protain play ?

yes he played mate,man marked nothing elese up front and we coasted craig, for me not a good side . anyway well done again today.

hey check oout hoddesdon report from tuesday. pmsl. honest we could have scored 11 and im not joking !!!

who you got next round

It seems we have a difference regard the FA Vase game between Binfield and Hillingdon Borough.

Football Mitoo shows a 3-2 aet win for Hillingdon Borough whilst the e-mailed results from Jim Bean show a 3-2 aet win for Binfield.

I was given the result incorrectly in the early email - now corrected on Mitoo.

0-1 Barking v Royston Town

3-2* Binfield v Hillingdon Borough

1-2 Hanwell Town v Wantage Town

2-0 Haringey Borough v Hadley

1-6 Oxhey Jets v Enfield 1893

2-1 Southend Manor v Biggleswade United

3-2 Tring Athletic v Hullbridge Sports

2-5 Winslow United v Buckingham Town

PREMIER DIVISION

0-2 AFC Dunstable v St Margaretsbury

3-2 Berkhamsted v Harefield United

2-1 Broxbourne Borough V&E v Dunstable Town

3-6 Colney Heath v Holmer Green

0-1 Hatfield Town v Aylesbury United

1-0 London Tigers v Leverstock Green

1-1 Stotfold v Hertford Town

DIVISION ONE

5-0 Amersham Town v Sun Postal Sports

1-1 Bedford v Cockfosters

1-0 Buckingham Athletic v London Lions

4-0 Cranfield United v Tokyngton Manor

6-0 Harpenden Town v Wodson Park

2-4 Kentish Town v Crawley Green

1-2 Kings Langley v Langford

3-2 London Colney v Welwyn Garden City

3-1 New Bradwell St Peter v Stony Stratford Town

DIVISION TWO

2-2 Aston Clinton v MK Wanderers

1-5 Caddington v Mursley United

1-2 Hale Leys United v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

1-3 Kent Athletic v Risborough Rangers

4-2 The 61FC (Luton) v Bletchley Town

1-1 Tring Corinthians v Old Bradwell United

BEDS INTERMEDIATE CUP Second Round

4-0 Crawley Green Reserves v Ampthill Town Reserves

1-2 Four Model v The 61FC (Luton) Reserves

TBA Henlow v Stotfold Reserves

P-P Langford Reserves v Luton Boys

TBA Lidlington United Sports Club v Kent Athletic Reserves

2-4 Southcott Village v Totternhoe Reserves

1-0 St Josephs v AFC Dunstable Reserves

HERTS INTERMEDIATE CUP First Round

3-1 Bishops Stortford Swifts v Oxhey Jets Reserves

1-5 Chipperfield Corinthians v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

0-0* Royston Town Reserves v St Albans City Reserves (St Albans City Reserves won 3-2 on penalties)

1-0 St Margaretsbury Reserves v Old Parmiterians

5-2 Sun Postal Sports Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

3-0 Welwyn Garden City Reserves v Bovingdon Reserves

BERKS & BUCKS JUNIOR CUP Second Round

P-P Fairford Leys v New Bradwell St Peters Reserves

1-0 Grendon Rangers Reserves v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

1-3 Marsh Gibbon v Bletchley Town Reserves

0-1 Milton Keynes Churches v Winslow United Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

P-P Cockfosters Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves

0-2 Risborough Rangers Reserves v Hadley Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

4-1 London Lions Reserves v Harpenden Town Reserves

4-1 Old Bradwell United Reserves v Stony Stratford Town Reserves

Edited by Karen Browne

Tring Athletic 3-2 Hullbridge Sports

Would love to give a report but didn't see much of the game. With Totternhoe's game being postponed due to Winslow's involvement in the FA Vase I was planning to get across & provide a live update on Twitter. By the time my eldest was up from her nap & ready plus the drive across it was gone 3.30 with the score at 1-1 before I got there. Stuart King scored Tring's second after a fortunate ricocet fell into his path on the edge of the box. It still needed a good first touch and neat finish low to the keeper's right. Tring extended their lead with a strange incident as the visiting keeper deliberately blocked a Tring forward clean through who stumbled but stay on his feet. As he tried to steady himself the ball ran wide, took a touch & put the ball into the side netting. The ref pulled back the play to give a penalty but then only booked the keeper much to the dismay of the Tring support behind the goal. Would have thought it should have been a red but I was up on the half way line so happy to be corrected. Dave Whicker cooly dispatched the resulting penalty. Hullbridge pulled a goal back towards the end of the 90 (didn't see it) and had a great chance to equalise in injury time but a shot was skied over from inside the 6 yard box with the goal at the player's mercy. Think there was about 10 mins of injury time - no idea why but I spent half my time running after a 2 year old so probably missed something important!

I was given the result incorrectly in the early email - now corrected on Mitoo.

:( I have a soft spot for Hillingdon Borough i would have liked to have seen them get frew!

Edited by Savagebee

FA Vase....final score

pat

yes he played mate,man marked nothing elese up front and we coasted craig, for me not a good side . anyway well done again today.

hey check oout hoddesdon report from tuesday. pmsl. honest we could have scored 11 and im not joking !!!

who you got next round

Steady.

From anothers Forum

FA Carlsberg Vase, First Round Proper

Basildon United 0(0)-(3)4 Ampthill Town

Zone International Stadium (try not to laugh), The Hive, Gardiners Close, Basildon, Essex

Attendance:

Admission: £5. Programme £1 (20 pages with outer page typical amber colour. Said 2010/1 on front. General stuff inside, but no managers comments, not even caretaker manager's)

Also purchased from clubhouse: Bottle of Budweiser £3

Back to Basildon again, this time at the more well known club, and walking around the ground it does look a sad sight, with some fences next to the sheltered terrace virtually fallen down, and the ground falling to bits. Not much the club can do though. It does well just to survive these days, run by a handful of volunteers.

There have been problems on the pitch in the past week for the Bees as well. I was here on the opening day of the season - Paul Larke's first competitive game in charge since becoming surprise boss, having been manager of struggling Essex Olympian Div 3 side Bowers & Pitsea Reserves, when, though they lost to Barkingside, they played some nice stuff and I thought they'd be OK this season. That was reinforced the next game when I saw them win 5-2 at new town rivals Bowers & Pitsea, when they could have got double figures. That was to be their last league win though, as since then they have slumped close to the bottom of the table, and following their 9-1 hammering at the hands of Witham last weekend, Larke promptly resigned. His coaching staff and most of the players went with him, though about fifty have apparently come and gone already this season! Larke, a typical rent-a-quote chap given his spontaneous appearances in the local press, had already claimed in the local paper he was about to be sacked just weeks before and pre-season was making similar soundbytes. It was soap-operaesque, similar to Brian Clough's 44 days at Leeds United. Where the club goes from here is anyone's guess, as I believe he brought in sponsorship from a double glazing company, but whether that agreement is shattered I don't know.

Masking their poor form has been a good run by the Bees in the Vase. The visitors, Ampthill Town, from Bedfordshire, were Basildon's third Spartan South Midlands Div 1 side so far, having previous beaten a Wootten Blue Cross side featuring ex-West Hammer Callum Davenport, then Bedford FC in a replay. While the Bees look for another new boss (their seventh in five years), John Doyle was back in charge of his old club again for this fixture with virtually a whole new load of players, facing a tough test against opposition near the top of their league.

Ampthill were dominant from the beginning, when the Bee keeper just got to a low cross before the onrushing away forward could jab it home, then shortly after a cross in was fired over the bar from eighteen yards. Basildon's first effort was a shot from the edge of the box, but this went wide, and any moves they did make upfield were often flagged for offside. Just after the quarter hour mark though, Ampthill got the goal they deserved, when a player got on the end of a route-one goal kick, and headed from the edge of the box over the committed Basildon goalie and into an unguarded net.

The home team continued to come under pressure, scrambling a loose ball away in their box, then having luck on their side when an Ampthill player's shot in the box hit his own player in front of an open goal. It wasn't long before the Bees' luck ran out though, when on 26 minutes a free kick to the left of the box was flicked in by a player who wasn't picked up. 2-0 and plain sailing for the Bedfordshire team. They continued to look to add to their lead, with Bees defenders swarming in their own box during a goalmouth scramble, then the keeper coming to the rescue when a player ran clear down the left, saving at his near post, and a similar move moments later, this time he got enough on the save to take it around the far post, and from the corner some poor defending ended with a shot dipping just over from the edge of the box.

It was so easy for Ampthill, and they almost made it 0-3 when a shot outside the box hit the top of the bar, then went close again, before inevitably they were out of sight on 36 minutes when a player ran clear, rounded the goalie and slotted into an empty net.

After a toothless first home, the Bees had a bit of sting about them early in the second half, and with barely a minute gone after the restart a player found space to the right of the box but hit the side netting with his effort. After a brief interruption in flow when an Ampthill player's shot outside the box flashed past the post, Bees pressed on again, and came close when a player ran clear, but the opposition keeper got a hand to his effort to keep the scoreline the same. On 56 minutes a Basildon free kick was headed just wide, but that ended the purple path of the home team, and surely it was game over. It should have been moments later when Ampthill were awarded a penalty, foolishly conceded when an opposition player managed to take the ball past the keeper just inside the corner of the box, but was going miles away from goal, only to be brought down by a careless challenge from a desperate defender. However the penalty was well saved, prompting the only real cheer of the afternoon, from the good number of away fans as well as home supporters, and Bees stayed in the match by the slenderest of margins, even when from the resulting corner a free header was put over.

The tide of dominance didn't change though, as Ampthill had a free kick deflected wide, then another free kick quickly taken that ended in a shot to the right of the box just off target, before a quick counter attack led to a ball being squared to an away lad who blazed over from six yards. It was almost 0-4 on 70 minutes when the Basildon goalie did well to tip an attempted chip over him over the bar, and the visitors should have done better from the resulting corner when a player in space on the edge of the box was off target with his shot. A rare Bees effort with the game beyond them, when the Ampthill goalie made a good save from the header on 73 minutes, but on the break Ampthill nearly scored a spectacular effort when a 30 yard chip from the byline wasn't too far away, and another great effort on 78 minutes when an overhead kick on the edge of the box went just wide. Another chance for Ampthill on 84 minutes when a free header from close range from a free kick was straight at the keeper, but just before the end, the icing on the cake, when a player superbly controlled a cross-field ball to shoot inside the box past the hapless keeper, and Ampthill were home and dry.

Perhaps not a surprising result, which, but for some good goalkeeping and poor finishing could have been far greater, as Basildon were virtually never in this match from the word go. They now turn their attentions to sorting out their new manager and inevitable problems on and off the pitch. That will be harder than trying to beat this rampant Ampthill side in this game.