Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor v Horley Town & Spelthorne Sports

Don't Blame Me

The alternative was 32 one-page programmes.

Strangely, there is no mention of the Spelthorne game on (a) their website, or (B) the League website. Just checked the club website for 7th November fixtures and it says "there is no information for this date". In addition (and I haven't read the League Rules), Spelthorne are a Div One club and this is a Premier Challenge Cup. They've already been knocked out of the Div One Challenge Cup by Guernsey.

Do Spelthorne actually know they're due at Stag Meadow on Monday night? Surely they do. Luckily, they're not too far away for a quick dash.

I think they should be told.

I'd probably fall asleep before the answer was finished but I'm kinda fascinated as to how a team, knocked out of a Div 1 Cup then finds its way into a Prem Div Cup!!

The following link to the "Unofficial" website give you the details of the Premier (as opposed to Premier Division) Cup - effectively the League Challenge Cup which all CCL teams compete for annually.

Division 1 Clubs also have their own Challenge Cup to pad out their season

http://www.ccleague.co.uk/11_2cups.htm

PS - I've just spotted the error that had Chessington & Hook winning the last round - that'll be down to you playing your home game away. At least they have the correct either/or for round 3 :wacko:

Edited by Green_Fingers

Windsor 4-2 Horley Town

A good hard fought win. Not a lot to choose between the teams but we created far more chances and deserved the win. But what happened at the start of the 2nd half? For 15 minutes we were really poor, but then Gouldy's persistence (and hand) did brilliantly and changed the game back in our favour.

Yash was on fire for 20 minutes and could have had 4, leaping like a salmon every time the ball came into the box.

Thoroughly enjoyable rollercoaster afternoon really.

This is the Horley report on the game.... (I suppose they were at Stag Meadow.)

Royal Robbery - Windsor 4-2 Horley Town

Video at www.youtube.com/user/HORLEYFC

Photo's at http://horleytownfc.btck.co.uk

Town started the difficult away trip to Second in the League Windsor without suspended skipper Anthony Jupp and Ben Herdman took over for the day.With nine minutes played Kevin Lock broke free but almost had his shirt pulled of his back but the very poor referee gave nothing.With twelve played Windsor attack and John Eldred cleared on the Horley line.With sixteen played Windsor had a massive long throw and Chatfield did well putting the ball out for a corner.From the corner Windsor scored to make it one nil.With seventeen played Ben Herdman went in with the home keeper and some how the referee gave a free kick to Windsor.With twenty left Town got a corner from Jack Poplett which put Windsor under pressure this was quickly followed by another putting more pressure on the home goal.Windsor then broke free but hit it high and wide in the Castle!This was followed by Adam Pullen breaking into the box and forcing the home keeper to tip the ball over the cross bar for another corner.From the corner from Jack Poplett skipper Ben Herdman saw his shot cleared right on the line and then the ball came back in from Kevin lock and again Windsor had to clear on the goal line.With eight left a good cross from the right saw Kevin Lock just fail t get in on the end of it.With five left Adam played the ball through to Kyle whose shot was again saved on the line.Next Nathan Jupp got flattened by the Windsor number four and then stamped on.In the last minute Adam put Kevin Lock through but his shot was well saved by the keeper. Town went in at half time one nil down. Town made a half time substitution with Nathan Jupp being replaced with Darren Tidy.With four played Kyle Hough put Kevin Lock in and he fired the ball into the bottom corner of the net to make it one one.Next Ben Herdman got fouled and finaly the referee booked the Windsor player.With fifteen played John Eldred did a great cross and through a forest of giant defenders Darren Tidy rose like a missile to plant the ball into the back of the net with a bullet of a header to put Town two one up.With twenty six Windsor scored to make it two two. Then for the third time in the game of the ball the Windsor number two flattened Dareen Tidy of the ball with a terrible foul and agin the referee missed it!With twenty three played Windsor were cheering a goal when Ian Chatfield got down well and saved at the far post.With twenty one left Windsor attack down the wing and the forward controlled the ball with his hand and ran on to cross and Windsor scored in of the post when everybody in the ground saw it was played down with his hand but yet again the referee said it hit his hand but he let them play on! With nine left again the dirty number two took Dareen Tidy out but again the referee missed it.Then John Eldred got flattened again the referee was so far of the game he missed it again.With seven left Kevin Lock broke into the box and almost had his shirt pulled of his back but again the hapless referee did nothing.With five left the Windsor forward was left unmarked at the far post and the ran in and scored.With four left John Edlred went in the book.this left the final score four two to Windsor when a draw would have been a far fairer result . The Windsor two is not a footballer just kick and pulling people of the ball and he should not have been on the park.

If you ever go to Windsor make sure you diet it has the narrowest turnstyles in football!

And subsequent comment...

Town were one nil down at half time but came back to lead two one with with a good Kevin Lock goal and then a fantastic goal of the season from Darren Tidy before Windsor went in front when they handled the ball and controlled it and everybody stopped and Windsor scored. Also how Windsors number two staid on the pitch is a mystery must be the most dirtiest player in the League four times he flattened Town players off the ball.!

THE most one-eyed report I can remember reading for a LONG time. Great stuff!! :D

Dave Tilbury - you're a very naughty boy.

Edited by Rother

I do agree with the Horley supporter who was complaining about the narrow turnstyles.

I have long since campaigned for the club to have a machine on hand outside the ground, to crane the fuller figured among us over the turnstyle block.

Unless of course the club have a deliberate policy of deterring the gluttenous from attending home games.

Anyone?

Well, if anyone went away yesterday not thinking that they had seen an entertaining game of football... I thoroughly enjoyed what I was able to see of the game. Two teams intent on playing football always adds to the spectacle. Best of all was that we played our best stuff when we went 2-1 down. Brilliant substitution by Scotty turned the game on its head. Excellent crowd as well and pleasing to see the visitors bring some supporters as well. I must get a bell and air horn from somewhere!

I do agree with the Horley supporter who was complaining about the narrow turnstyles.

I have long since campaigned for the club to have a machine on hand outside the ground, to crane the fuller figured among us over the turnstyle block.

Unless of course the club have a deliberate policy of deterring the gluttenous from attending home games.

Anyone?

At least we have turnstyles and even I can move through them! And anything that prevents more people from eating those excellent pies is good by me. Without doubt the best pies I have ever eaten in over 40 years of watching football.

A good battling performance by Windsor, it's useful to know that we won't give up if losing!

Need to keep the momentum going now and take control of this league before christmas.

a cracking performance and really started playing when they made it 2-1. great work by yash throughout, chased and harried everything and in truth could have had one or two more, their keeper made a couple of superb saves in the second hlaf to stop him getting that first hatrick. definitely felt we deserved the win, created more chances and forced their keeper into more saves than bully had to make, but i agree watching a side that came to try and play football on a great pitch was certainly nice to watch and made the game a great spectacle. i'd say the last two games have featured the best footballing sides in the league in terms of playing style, as both wembley and horley try to play. to have scored 8 against them is definitely a massive plus point.

gouldy handled the ball but the referee failed to give it, like he failed to give a lot else. but he was equally bad to both sides so its hard to see exactly why that horley report focuses so much on it. there were a lot of crude challenges from both sides, but it was generally just a highly competitive game of football. tilbury made some cracking tackles yesterday, but as per he gave away several needless freekicks as well. you know what you get when tilbs plays!!