Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 5th November (Fixtures & Results)

Aylesbury United v Hillingdon Borough

AYLESBURY UNITED

Sillitoe, McNulty, Jones, Wood, Flood, Barnett, Garcia, Acheampong, Baines, Field, Edgeworth.

(Subs) Hallford, Simpson, Gordon, Dimitrov, Timberlake.

I really can't understand why Aylesbury don't start with Melford Simpson, don't they want to win the Championship

maybe because he is absolutely pony......never known a guy so big and tall to lose so many headers!!!!!!

c

Aylesbury United v Hillingdon Borough

AYLESBURY UNITED

Sillitoe, McNulty, Jones, Wood, Flood, Barnett, Garcia, Acheampong, Baines, Field, Edgeworth.

(Subs) Hallford, Simpson, Gordon, Dimitrov, Timberlake.

I really can't understand why Aylesbury don't start with Melford Simpson, don't they want to win the Championship

maybe because he is absolutely pony......never known a guy so big and tall to lose so many headers!!!!!!

I am sure he has a similar opinion of you and your silky goalkeeping skills..... I know who would come off best in a face-off!

well i think i would probably have to agree seeing as he is 18 times my size. Still takes nothing away from the fact he is pony!

Takes the attention off Padbury Ampthill! :duel:

f/ck off fed up with your f/cking digs at us all the time .

All the time? Maybe you're confusing me with someone else?

Excuse my ignorance, but having been away from South Midlands football for ten years, what is all this with references to Padbury?. From what I have read in the AGM minutes they failed to get the required ground grading to obtain promotion and therefore they resigned from the league - is that not right?

All the time? Maybe you're confusing me with someone else?

You're a nasty man NF lol.

Excuse my ignorance, but having been away from South Midlands football for ten years, what is all this with references to Padbury?. From what I have read in the AGM minutes they failed to get the required ground grading to obtain promotion and therefore they resigned from the league - is that not right?

Hi Karen,

Most of the current Ampthill "mercenaries/thugs + whatever other abjectives are being used to describe us" used to play for Padbury under the management of Craig.

We (Padbury) won SSML Div 2 last season quite comfortably, however we were ground sharing with Buckingham Town that season and intended to continue this season. The ground was taken from Buckingham after failure to make payments etc. Buckingham Town and Padbury were effectively made homeless. Padbury were allowed some time to try and find a ground share for this season but all avenues proved unsuccessful.

As a result Padbury were not allowed promotion to SSML Div 1 this season. Craig was offered the job as Manager at Ampthill and asked a number of players to join him - who decided to take him up on this as they felt they had earnt the right to play in the SSML Div 1.

Edited by No4

Hi Karen,

Most of the current Ampthill "mercenaries/thugs + whatever other abjectives are being used to describe us" used to play for Padbury under the management of Craig.

We (Padbury) won SSML Div 2 last season quite comfortably, however we were ground sharing with Buckingham Town that season and intended to continue this season. The ground was taken from Buckingham after failure to make payments etc. Buckingham Town and Padbury were effectively made homeless. Padbury were allowed some time to try and find a ground share for this season but all avenues proved unsuccessful.

As a result Padbury were not allowed promotion to SSML Div 1 this season. Craig was offered the job as Manager at Ampthill and asked a number of players to join him - who decided to take him up on this as they felt they had earnt the right to play in the SSML Div 1.

Good answer. You might have disappointed one or two with no threats or bad language involved though LOL!

It should be added that any failure to make payments had nothing to do with Padbury whatsoever, the landlord being a typical Yid didn't want football there and had made that clear to Buckingham the year before.

It should be added that any failure to make payments had nothing to do with Padbury whatsoever, the landlord being a typical Yid didn't want football there and had made that clear to Buckingham the year before.

No racism on the board please - especially from a dirty gooner!!

just out of interest how many managers get a new job and take players and coaching staff with them ? has there been any in the ssml . you must no some winslow boy lol or even you rhodes or does any body on this forum no of any . also i see bedford town res side folded from last season i am sure cranfield are glad of this now as are ampthill with padbury going . what happens if i end up some where new next season will we be padbury / ampthill/ and

Happens all the time Craig we have benefitted from it in the past and suffered from it to. Most recently Damo coming over with the core of his excellent Claydon team and players he knew from days at the Ath. Back just after I retired at the ripe old age of 20 we lost Wally and Colesy our manager and coach to Ath and Aylesbury Vale and they took players with them. Part of the interview as far as I'm co concerned for a new manager is "who can you bring in?" fact so really this Padbury thing is a cheap shot. No one is calling us Claydon and you know about that connection better than anyone from your PB days. Don't bite mate although I think some are just having a bit of banter to be fair rather than full on dig. I could name loads of managers that have players follow them to clubs it's always happened and always will nowt wrong in my opinion as long as the guy doesn't purposefully f*ck over the club in doing so

Edited by Winslow Boy

So some players are loyal to the club and some are loyal to the manager then. Then again you get groups of players just like to play as a group and will move on as the whim takes them. I don't suppose any club has ever felt hard done by when a new manager brings in some new players that improve the team but when they go it's another story maybe. You can't help but see them as playing for their little band or likening them to mercenaries because they go where they feel the conditions, facilities or even (shhh) the expenses might be good or better. So why complain if a bit of banter labels you mercenaries?

I have no issue with what Craig and his players have done and I don't blame them, after a season in Div 2 I'd prefer to play in Reserve Div 1!! It's just to easy to light the touch paper....

The thing is that they deserved to play in Div 1 too. But I agree, it's like watching a decent fireworks display sometimes.

after giving padbury 2 and a half seasons in div 2 . i just could not do it again not after winning it as well . i owed it to the lads to go div 1 it was a shame we could not go up with padbury . as for padbury i still cant work out y they had to fold just because i left for ampthill town .managers leave clubs all the time this dont mean the club has to fold . there would be no clubs left lol . as for ampthill me and the players and coaches are so happy there . we have a great chairman and commitee . good res side that i work closely with . also a great youth set up . alot has changed in last 3 months for ampthill and we are moving forward .