Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Match Programmes this Season

I've had a look through the forum and I havent seen this spoken about much but to me it's an integral part of going to football.... getting a programme!

Having been to quite a few matches this season it got me wondering who has the best match programme and for what reasons. Personally I cant stand buying a programme only to find it's full of adverts and very little content, I feel cheated! At this level of the game I know cost is a major factor as to the quality, as is people's time in order to make it so I dont want to be too harsh

Of the programmes I have seen I like:

St Margaretsbury - nice colour cover let down a little by not having colour content

Berkhamsted - Smart presentation - £1.50 let it down as there wasnt much to it!

Burnham Ramblers - Had lots interesting content & half time entertainment.

I missed going to Aylesbury Utd but i think they won programme of the year last season so it would be good to know what they are like!

What does everyone think so far this season?

On the subject of programme prices, can anyone tell me what the following clubs are charging this season, if included in admission please state.

Premier Division

Biggleswade United, Hanwell Town, Hillingdon Borough, Holmer Green.

Division One

Cockfosters, Cranfield United, Kings Langley, London Lions, Sun Postal Sports, Wodson Park.

Division Two

Aston Clinton, Bletchley Town, MK Wanderers, Old Bradwell United, Pitstone & Ivinghoe, Risborough Rangers, The 61FC (Luton)

I've had a look through the forum and I havent seen this spoken about much but to me it's an integral part of going to football.... getting a programme!

Having been to quite a few matches this season it got me wondering who has the best match programme and for what reasons. Personally I cant stand buying a programme only to find it's full of adverts and very little content, I feel cheated! At this level of the game I know cost is a major factor as to the quality, as is people's time in order to make it so I dont want to be too harsh

Of the programmes I have seen I like:

St Margaretsbury - nice colour cover let down a little by not having colour content

Berkhamsted - Smart presentation - £1.50 let it down as there wasnt much to it!

Burnham Ramblers - Had lots interesting content & half time entertainment.

I missed going to Aylesbury Utd but i think they won programme of the year last season so it would be good to know what they are like!

What does everyone think so far this season?

Best programme is probably Hoddesdon Town's.

It's a regular award winner.

On the subject of programme prices, can anyone tell me what the following clubs are charging this season, if included in admission please state.

Premier Division

Biggleswade United, Hanwell Town, Hillingdon Borough, Holmer Green.

Division One

Cockfosters, Cranfield United, Kings Langley, London Lions, Sun Postal Sports, Wodson Park.

Division Two

Aston Clinton, Bletchley Town, MK Wanderers, Old Bradwell United, Pitstone & Ivinghoe, Risborough Rangers, The 61FC (Luton)

Hanwell Town

£6 entrance fee includes a programe. £3 for OAPs and Kids.

It's a regular award winner

It wasn't in season 2006/2007!

Maybe not in that season when your programme won the SSML award.

Have you ever stepped inside the Hoddesdon Town Boardroom and seen the numerous awards at League and National level that the Club has won for its programmes over the years?

AFC Dunstable: £1. 22 pages and no adverts (apart from Moltens)

And a good read it was on Saturday. :rolleyes:

Have you ever stepped inside the Hoddesdon Town Boardroom and seen the numerous awards at League and National level that the Club has won for its programmes over the years?

Yes I have, I've been wined and dined by Roger many times in there, Lowfield is another of the handful of SSML grounds I can visit without getting filthy looks and being treated like something I brought in on the bottom of my shoe

Yes I have, I've been wined and dined by Roger many times in there, Lowfield is another of the handful of SSML grounds I can visit without getting filthy looks and being treated like something I brought in on the bottom of my shoe

To be fair cliff, I am always delighted to see you at Lowfield just cos it puts my mind at rest that you haven't been beaten up yet!!

Seriously though, when you coming over next? I didn't get a real chance to chat to you at our doomed vase game at Bethnal Green.

To be fair cliff, I am always delighted to see you at Lowfield just cos it puts my mind at rest that you haven't been beaten up yet!!

Seriously though, when you coming over next? I didn't get a real chance to chat to you at our doomed vase game at Bethnal Green.

I think it's again rather than yet.

I may be over to watch your game next midweek against London Colney.

I may be over to watch your game next midweek against London Colney

How do you travel to Lowfield out of interest when you go under your own steam, I always find it a bit awkward and go to Broxbourne from Tottenham Hale and then walk which is quite a trek, is there an easier way

Get a bus or cab from Broxbourne station? The walk is only about 15 mins mind you. Even less if you walk along the New River up to Admirals Walk

I may be over to watch your game next midweek against London Colney

How do you travel to Lowfield out of interest when you go under your own steam, I always find it a bit awkward and go to Broxbourne from Tottenham Hale and then walk which is quite a trek, is there an easier way

I walk from Broxbourne Station.

You can take a taxi from outside the station if you find the walk too far.

Get a bus or cab from Broxbourne station? The walk is only about 15 mins mind you. Even less if you walk along the New River up to Admirals Walk

It’s a lot longer than 15 minutes, I wouldn’t get a cab and get stung for £5 or £6 unless I arrived at Broxbourne station shortly before kick off and I’m sure that, being out in the sticks, the buses are once in a blue moon

Rhodes... it's 1 mile, I'm sure with your lanky stride you could do that in 15 mins?

Rhodes... it's 1 mile, I'm sure with your lanky stride you could do that in 15 mins?

Google Maps says 1.1 miles, 22 minutes to walk. But they don't take account of large carrier bags full of old programmes!