Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor 4 - Egham 1

dansilk

Excellent work. Goals shared (and Benny was very harshly adjudged offside to disallow a superb , 5th), teamwork all through - MoM could have been any of six or seven, at least.

Great crowd too and let's hope enough liked what they saw to come again - certainly those I spoke to are now keen to visit more often...

... we just need to arrange for emergency ale resupplies at half-time! (don't think we've ever gone through three barrels so fast!)

806 people at the game sends out a real message. All the food was sold, the programme was simply stunning and the performance excellent. It was great to see so my people with huge smiles on their faces. Thank you to everyone who helped make today so special, I am extremely proud of you all.

Yep, excellent day for the club - well done to everyone involved!

A good game between 2 good sides - a fine advertisment for the CCL.

Our strikeforce is a bit awesome and can't wait to see how many they notch up in the 2nd half of the season!! (Mind you, our defence and midfield are none too shabby either...)

My son Luke thoroughly enjoyed his day as mascot - a very likeable bunch of lads in the team. He particularly enjoyed his little warm up between the sticks with Fagan and Bully.

Oh, and a superb programme Hayden!

Would like to echo all of the thoughts written above. Another great day as a Windsor FC fan. So many people put in a lot of work promoting today's game and to get over 800 people through the turnstiles was an amazing effort. I really hope they all enjoyed the Windsor FC experience! I've just finished reading the programme, a great effort by Hayden and all of the contributors. The Hog Roast stall was a great addition today as well, really nice to see more and more local businesses supporting the club and loads of kids running around with their faces painted was great to see. Congratulations to all of the committee for their hard work. February 2011 was a dark day, but look how far we have come in such a short space of time! Happy New Year!!

Apparently, by special request of the players, the beer on the bar was Windsor Knot, but all three barrels were drained by half-time... only way they got any was if they sneaked some out in the pitchside drinks bottles.

Plus the Garter sold out, and the Guardsman was running low... all good for the club and its sponsors.

Just want to add my sincere congratulations to the committee for such fantastic publicity and organisation, and to the staff for coping so well with 4-6 times the usual crowd.

And, of course, to the players for putting on a display suitable to entertain so many!

Edited by dansilk

Really enjoyed my day out at Windsor yesterday, it was nice to catch up with some old faces as you do at Xmas time.

I know I have had my differences with a few of you on here, but i must say what a well organised and pleasant

experience that was yesterday. One small moan though, the excellent beer run out: I look forward to some more

Windsor Knot on my next visit. Good luck.

Edited by Windsor Rebel

Really enjoyed my day out at Windsor yesterday, it was nice to catch up with some old faces as you do at Xmas time.

I know I have had my differences with a few of you on here, but i must say what a well organised and pleasant

experience that was yesterday. One small moan though, the excellent beer run out: I look forward to some more

Lucky you! I didn't get any at all! But I did have the hog roast and that was sublime. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

:applause:

:290:

Rother said ' A good game between two good sides - a fine advertisement for the CCL'.

Well, Windsor fans, I have to strongly disagree with Rother.I thought Egham were crap and for a third placed team offered very little and were bereft of any attacking ideas.As a neutral, I was disappointed about the game as a whole really.I expected a much more cut and thrust game given that it was 2nd place against 3rd place. Knowing of, most of the Windsor players and being a big admirer of Keith Scott as a manager and his non-league achievements, I was looking forward to seeing how the Windsor team would shape up and how they would play to get the better of a team challenging for the title.

On the day,Windsor were comfortable winners but I didn't think Windsor played that well,given the players that have been assembled in your squad. I thought Ryan O'Toole, Yash Romeo and Andrew Fagan stood out.

On a positive note,though,I thought your pitch was superb and a huge credit to the groundsmen.I'm sure my team,Slough,would love to play on such a wonderful surface.

As for the new ' Windsor FC ' , I enjoyed a throughly friendly,hospitable experience on the day and can only only envisage your club going from strength to strength and wish you all as the best of luck in those efforts. I hope Windsor do get promotion,as that would make the Southern Central division stronger and if Slough fail to win promotion,we can renew our rivalry[though,of course I hope we get promoted!].

Interesting comments re the game and thanks for the positivity about the club.

Apart from his excellent goal I thought it was just one of those days when nothing really came off for Ryan O'Toole... For me Andrew Fagan, Kyle Anthony and Ryan Parsons were the pick of the bunch, but pretty much everyone played well and we largely snuffed out Egham's threat - however I liked the way they carried on playing football despite being well beaten and the sportsmanship on display on both sides.

The ref was decent (very young!) but I did feel the match could have gone without a yellow card. It was played in good spirit with very little for the ref to get involved.

One thing I was a bit surprised by was how few Egham fans there appeared to be - maybe they were just quiet but I got the feeling only about 40 or 50 turned up?

Biggest turnout from a visiting side so far this season though!! Egham were pretty poor to be fair they were missing a few players where as we were at full strength!

Still pondering the "Egham were poor" comments.

Sometimes I'm very objective when watching a game but possibly Tuesday was a game when I was more caught up in the day / atmosphere so lost that objectivity.

However I didn't think Egham ever really gave the ball away cheaply, they always tried to be constructive in possession and to me looked like a decent outfit - it was just that we were like terriers all over the pitch and never gave them a moment's comfort on the ball.

If we keep that level of commitment and desire for the rest of the season (806 every home game would help!!) then I could see us going undefeated through the rest of the season as I don't think I've seen opposition any better than Egham. (Hanworth away will be worth waiting for....)

Egham are a good side and will continue to challenge at the top. We were very good on Tuesday helped by the players obvious abilities and the excellent playing surface.

However, my main concern is how we will play on the pitches that are not as good (in fact more like quagmires) because of the weather.......it seems to me we will have to change our style a lot especially during the next 2 games at Dorking and Mole Valley who have both already beaten us this season?!

Went to Egham v Hanworth Villa yesterday along with a few others from Windsor & I have to say that Egham made Hanworth look ordinary,I am sure that Jim Melvin came to the same conclusion as us but it has to be said that although Egham played well & looked far more dangerous up front than they did against us it just goes to show what a preformance our defenders put up to snuff out Egham.

But bear in mind that Hanworth were five players short & most of them are due to be back against us.

I agree with Derby's comments. Egham looked far better than they did against us against Hanworth. I thought Egham played well against us and have been one of the better sides we have played against this season. I think on the day we were just better than them not that they were a poor side. Hanworth are a strong and physical side and like Derby said they were 5 short so against us will be a different prospect altogether.