Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Year Honours List

Loosely - You didn't run Southill Alexander like a Football Club in the true sense of the word did you, you used it as a vehicle to stroke your ego and a 'look what I can do' statement, for example putting on the best show possible for visiting Club's who arrived like rabbits caught in the headlights and marvelled at the palatial surroundings compared to their own. Then when you travelled away from home you dressed up in all your finery didn't you, suited and booted with trendy shades, and made a b line for the boardroom, it must have been like Royalty arriving at places such as Blunham, Wilshamstead, Shefford Town & Campton, Caldecote and Ickwell & Old Warden.

Loosely - You didn't run Southill Alexander like a Football Club in the true sense of the word did you, you used it as a vehicle to stroke your ego and a 'look what I can do' statement, for example putting on the best show possible for visiting Club's who arrived like rabbits caught in the headlights and marvelled at the palatial surroundings compared to their own. Then when you travelled away from home you dressed up in all your finery didn't you, suited and booted with trendy shades, and made a b line for the boardroom, it must have been like Royalty arriving at places such as Blunham, Wilshamstead, Shefford Town & Campton, Caldecote and Ickwell & Old Warden.

Nothing wrong with making people feel welcome, word soon gets around and the host club will benefit long term. IMO not enough is done at the lower end of of non league football to make everyone feel important, and gates are suffering accordingly.

Why don't you just hold your hands up for the first time in your life and admit that you failed miserably, people will think a hell of a lot more of you for it and might even feel sorry for you the way you were left holding the baby when Uncle Urchin, rightly or wrongly, decided to pull the financial plug

I, and many others, have said this kind of thing to you on many occasions with regard to many subjects you have posted about. You NEVER do, even though there is always very good cause for you to do so. Loose has absolutely nothing to "hold his hands up" for, and certainly not to you.

It is exactly this kind of hypocrisy, amongst many other traits, that really winds people up on these forums.

Nothing wrong with making people feel welcome, word soon gets around and the host club will benefit long term. IMO not enough is done at the lower end of of non league football to make everyone feel important, and gates are suffering accordingly.

Definitely true, from my experience.

The best welcome I've had at any club recently was at Westfields (Herefordshire). Very friendly and professional on and off the field.

Edited by AdamKing(wasAK11)

You've got to feel sorry for Rhodesy ultimately, crippled socially with a massive chip on his shoulder, shunned by clubs, supporters and players he rarely, if at all summons the courage to actually go anywhere to see the proof of his assumptions or imagination. If only he had set his enormous ego on one side and turned up in working clothes like the rest of us at SA and put his shoulder to the wheel instead of the job he wanted, copying other clubs programmes in order to compile a "work of his own" then he'd have been a part of something.

Instead he invents relationships with footballers when he only has to ask someone like sjj2112 who actually met me at a far flung field in Bedfordshire on one of those blustery days unprotected by the comforts Rhodes like such as a stand or a boardroom to find out the sort of clothes I wore.

I feel sorry for Rhodes, I'm afraid he's too far down the Billy Liar route to come back.

Missunderstood – I couldn’t agree with you more but it’s all about the way it’s done with good honest intentions, like I said Loosely used Southill Alexander as a vehicle to stroke his ego and a 'look how great I am' statement, it was all about him, that’s my point!

I genuinely feel sorry for you Rhodes that you feel that you have to make this stuff up. Obviously there's a large measure of sour grapes but don't you think it's past time you sought some mental healthcare?

I’m not making anything up though am I, that’s the thing and what you’re so afraid of, that’s why you continue to do your brilliant Tony Blair impersonation which puts your Mike Yarwood’s, Rory Bremner’s, and Alistair McGowan’s to shame

Rhodesy, anyone afraid of you and your scribblings would have to be a gibbering wreck.

Must try harder Rhodesy, what your old school masters had to say about you.

Okay lets just agree to disagree as you’re such an expert in avoiding questions, we all know that Southill Alexander’s demise was avoidable had you not wanted your cake and eat it. Lets get back to letters after your name then, do you have any, yes or no.

he only has to ask someone like sjj2112 who actually met me at a far flung field in Bedfordshire on one of those blustery days unprotected by the comforts Rhodes like such as a stand or a boardroom to find out the sort of clothes I wore.

Well i thought you were a scruffy fecker...........it was nice weather though

Loosely - Did you and Uncle Urchin part on bad terms when you last saw him out of interest, you seemed rather upset that he didn't continue to fund Southill Alexander but then why should he, he's a shrewd business man at the end of the day and probably realised that you just wanted a free meal ticket at his expense.

Rhodesy you idiot. The word "comtinuing" would imply that someone had ever done something. You really are out of your depth aren't you?

Next.

Or to shout like Big JR (I think he's going deaf...)

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loosely - But Unc was so enthusiastic when I attended that meeting at Bridge Avenue when you were supposedly present although I don't remember meeting you, I remember a Fulham fan at the meeting who was a bit too full of himself for my liking, an old boy and his computer geek son or grandson but I can't for the life of me place you.

Yes Rhodes, Unc was enthusiastic when he thought he saw an opportunity to make some money.

The "Computer geek" was the leader of the whole project who died.

I suppose this just demonstrates your total lack of knowledge about what was going on. I'd stop now if I were you.

Missunderstood - Wow, you've certainly put the cat amoingst the pigeons with that post and no wonder Loosely hasn't responded as yet infact I doubt that he will let alone enlighten us as to why it all went Pete Tong at Southill Alexander and what he learnt personally from the Club's predictable demise.

Probably nothing to do with Rhodes, but I'm sure a lot of people would be interested to know why it went wrong, and what you personally learnt about it all as quite a few clubs are struggling right now.

Well Alan, Rhodes question was with regard to his obsession about whether or not I have letters after my name but since you ask I'll give you some details, maybe Rhodes will benefit from some facts.

Quite a few previous friends became involved when James and Sally asked us if we would like to help fund the club, participate in decisions relevant and so on and so on. Some of us had met previously through being involved in MyFC which to my mind has successfully funded Ebbsfleet since around 2007 and although it's had it's issues and evolved as they've gone along is still running, and some of us brought in other friends who were interested. Our intention was largely to apply the MyFC idea on a much smaller scale.

Unfortunately shortly after the project got under way James became seriously and terminally ill and we were short really for people on the ground (at games etc) to do the work of a more normal club committee which was always an issue. Support was fantastic from the membership with several generously seeing their way to provide whatever was necessary. I think you always find that some people will put their hands in their pockets and help out when needed, however with the death towards the end of the first season of James I'm afraid we lost a bit of heart in the project. Sadly it had a big effect on Sally and myself since James and his wife were close friends of ours. Although we felt responsible to the rest of the members we ideally could have done with some practical help with James' absence and with members all over the country and indeed the world it just wasn't possible. Anyone thinking of starting something like this up from scratch needs to think this through which probably we didn't foresee. Since Sally had to relocate because of her job during mid-season of the second year we all came to an agreement to fold. No blame really, money all given back but in some case refused so local charities benefitted a bit.