Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Year Honours List

So Rhodesy, unfortunately you had no father around while you grew up, thats a shame but not shameful, these things happen. Tell me, were you bullied at school?

Loosely – I was actually addressing Savagebee in my post and not you so you must have a guilty conscience to butt in. Tell me, how many properties do you own, do you still have one in the garden of England out of interest, namely Kent, where I know you spent many years before spreading your wings and re-locating elsewhere in the Country.

So Rhodesy, unfortunately you had no father around while you grew up, thats a shame but not shameful, these things happen. Tell me, were you bullied at school?

I think we can safely say that a nerve has been well and truly hit here. No response from Rhodesy means that by his own standards it must be true. QED!

Savagebee - You might have unwittingly hit the nail slap bang on the head there, that's possibly why Loosely is being so secretive as he has an OBE or CBE, I know that he owns a number of properties

Lots of people own more than one property, and its not its not always as lucrative as others may think.

What with the demise of final salary pensions owning more than one property will probably be the only way the younger generation can look forward to a decent retirement.

Missunderstood – Loosely is a shrewd character though who has no doubt played his cards right over the years and I wouldn’t mind better that where some blokes have a girl in every port he has a house or a flat

OBE's what a load of rubbish most of the people that get these awards are overpaid, never got there hands dirty, got 10 mansions, greedy twats.

;)

Savagebee - You might have unwittingly hit the nail slap bang on the head there, that's possibly why Loosely is being so secretive as he has an OBE or CBE, I know that he owns a number of properties

Lots of people own more than one property, and its not its not always as lucrative as others may think.

What with the demise of final salary pensions owning more than one property will probably be the only way the younger generation can look forward to a decent retirement.

It seems that its mainly Celebrities and people with loads of £ that seem to get these awards i would like to see more Nurses, Fire Fighters and people that have done the same job for 30 + years and not or never claimed benefits to look after themselves or their familys get these awards.

Just my opinion.

OBE's what a load of rubbish most of the people that get these awards are overpaid, never got there hands dirty, got 10 mansions, greedy twats.

;)

It seems that its mainly Celebrities and people with loads of £ that seem to get these awards i would like to see more Nurses, Fire Fighters and people that have done the same job for 30 + years and not or never claimed benefits to look after themselves or their familys get these awards.

Just my opinion.

I think you'd be quite right if that happened to be the case but next time they are published take a look at the long list of people Rhodesy would call nobodies who are recognised, many for their long service in unglamorous work, others for volunteering but of course the rags and the tw at like to highlight the rich and famous.

What's it got to do with owning property? This is where the chip comes in, the green eye. Some people think it's greed but personally I've no guilt since I worked Saturday jobs from the age of nine down the local market - running and fetching - lucky to get £5 a day, worked my school holidays washing cars and gardening for anyone who'd pay the going rate and i saved every single penny, never spent it on so much as a gobstopper. When I was 17 I wanted to buy a car but my Dad said I could do what I wanted, it was my money hard earned but if I was sensible I should put it into property which I did. I bought a two up two down terraced house with no bathroom and an outside loo and for a year I worked to turn a £5k investment into a £17k sale and I went from there, doing all the work I could and hiring professionals to do the work I couldn't but where I could I learned from them, all part time since I still carried on at school then uni and then I carried on while I did a day job, same as anyone else.

What I do now with my money is no-ones business but mine and certainly not yours or Rhodesy's is it?

Now ask yourself since I admit to being into a bit of property why a bloke with the same abilities as anyone else has a chip on his shoulder about it.

Loosely - Well all I can say to that post, sorry, rant is I rest my case! How many properties do you have now then out of interest, I assume that you own some abroad too such as on the Costa Blanca.

Loosely - Well all I can say to that post, sorry

That's alright Rhodesy, glad to see you holding your hands up.

;)

Just my opinion.

I think you'd be quite right if that happened to be the case but next time they are published take a look at the long list of people Rhodesy would call nobodies who are recognised, many for their long service in unglamorous work, others for volunteering but of course the rags and the tw at like to highlight the rich and famous.

What's it got to do with owning property? This is where the chip comes in, the green eye. Some people think it's greed but personally I've no guilt since I worked Saturday jobs from the age of nine down the local market - running and fetching - lucky to get £5 a day, worked my school holidays washing cars and gardening for anyone who'd pay the going rate and i saved every single penny, never spent it on so much as a gobstopper. When I was 17 I wanted to buy a car but my Dad said I could do what I wanted, it was my money hard earned but if I was sensible I should put it into property which I did. I bought a two up two down terraced house with no bathroom and an outside loo and for a year I worked to turn a £5k investment into a £17k sale and I went from there, doing all the work I could and hiring professionals to do the work I couldn't but where I could I learned from them, all part time since I still carried on at school then uni and then I carried on while I did a day job, same as anyone else.

What I do now with my money is no-ones business but mine and certainly not yours or Rhodesy's is it?

Now ask yourself since I admit to being into a bit of property why a bloke with the same abilities as anyone else has a chip on his shoulder about it.

I'm forever drumming into my kids how much a decent pension actually costs, and even then everything you work for can be put at risk by irresponsible bankers gambling with someone else's money. I owned a second home, and selling it allowed me to retire seven years early. I only hope that my kids don't have to work into their seventies, and the only solution to this IMO is to invest in property.

;)

I was on about overpaid celebrities who have 10 mansions and have never had to get there hands dirty.

Just my opinion.

saythat.gif

Just my opinion.

saythat.gif

As I said, plenty of people not in the public eye get honours, here you are - 88 pages long, once you eliminate the celebs it's probably 87 pages worth. No charge.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_200711.pdf

As I said, plenty of people not in the public eye get honours, here you are - 88 pages long, once you eliminate the celebs it's probably 87 pages worth. No charge.

http://www.direct.go...t/dg_200711.pdf

Thats good to hear and see :peace:

Edited by Savagebee

Loosely - Just incase you haven't heard, Spain have re-introduced a former holiday letting law whereby foreign villa owners, such as yourself, in Majorca, Ibiza, Minorca, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Tenerife can no longer rent their property out to tourists without prior authorisation and face fines of £15,000 plus if found doing so without having paid an agreed fee. It is thought that Spain have understandably brought back the regulations to raise much needed revenue to try and cope with its massive financial crisis, many British holiday home owners in Spain, such as yourself, are unaware of the situation as letters have been sent out to their Spanish addresses, if they fail to respond by a certain time to confirm properties are not being rented out they could well be confiscated by the authorities and sold at auction.

Thanks for your concern Rhodesy but we don't have a home in Spain, neither do we own any type of property there. However I am realising what a good service you offer so if you could look out for anything similar on the Italy front since we do now live there part of the year it would be appreciated although we don't rent it out at all.

Loosely - Who's 'we' out of interest or is that just 'the Royal we'

Loosely - Who's 'we' out of interest or is that just 'the Royal we'

LoL Rhodesy, my wife and I are the "we".

I didn't even know you were married

I didn't even know you were married

That's alright Rhodesy, I still don't know if you grew up without a father and whether you were bullied as a boy. Because you don't answer questions.