Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Year Honours List

Loosely - Is that all you can say, you really undermined Tony at Southill Alexander didn't you and made him feel 'this big'!

Loosely - Is that all you can say, you really undermined Tony at Southill Alexander didn't you and made him feel 'this big'!

ROFL.

To make matters worse Steve brought in Alan Penfold over Tony's head and Tony ended up kicking his heels during training, when Alan could be bothered to turn up that was!

Anything Tony suggested to you in order to improve the running of the beleaguered Club was ridiculed and laughed out of Court wasn't it and it was as if you took his input as personal criticism which it wasn't, that says a lot about your character

You clearly bit off far more than you could chew at Southill Alexander didn't you and made Peter Ridsdale's 'living the dream' comment at Leeds seem like chicken feed in comparison, everyone could see that but yourself which again shows the sort of person you are. You were even charging punters £1 for tea and coffee at the Carlsberg Stadium where Club's such as Oakley, Riseley, Caldecote and Campton charged half that, no wonder the Club had a reputation of being 'big time Charlies'.

Anyone who came to a game - which you never did - knows you are lying Rhodesy, stop making such a knob of yourself.

:Rofl:

So you deny charging £1 for tea and coffee then at the Carlsberg Stadium. Also when Tony came to you cap in hand for a few measily quid towards his petrol expenses he was told in no uncertain terms where to go when the players, sorry, prima donas, he was picking up in Luton to take to games and training, and back again, were getting paid to play.

I deny charging £1 for tea and coffee at the Carlsberg Stadium. And the rest of your b ollocks too hahahaha!

I'd love to see Tony come on here and back you up Rhodesy. :signthankspin:

What about when you backed an unruly and arrogant player called Dave Morbin who had been giving Tony a hard time in training, you used to say one thing to Tony and another to Steve which would indicate you are a coward. Dave Morbin and a number of others who were recruited couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo let alone stand toe to toe and mix it with players in the 'cut throat' Bedfordshire Senior League Premier Division' yet they were treated like Lords of the Manor and laughably paid for the 'privilege' of playing for the Club on your say so.

Remind us all Rhodesy when you ever came to a game and witnessed all this banjo stuff lol.

Crikey Rhodesy, your chip is showing again.

Rhodesy, stop making such a knob of yourself.

But you have to agree he does it so well, he is in a league of his own.

Think you might have touched a nerve there Karen :D

So do you have any regrets about how you went about your business with Southill Alexander and given the opportunity, if you could turn the clock back, would you do things differently. You keep harping on about the way Unc let you down and left you high and dry but I don't buy that for a minute, you're a business man of long standing, or so you claim, so would have seen Unc coming from a mile away if you say he never delivered what he promised and left you holding the baby financially

You're not wrong there Alan/Missunderstood!

I was at a club many years ago, as a player, and they were quite simply clueless when it came to organisation

Their 'Chairman'was actually the reserve team manager and he had no idea about organisation, financing, budgeting, marketing etc.

He didn't speak to the local papersas he said they weren't interested and cared more about the local rugby, cricket, tennis and even lacrosse teams, yet when I met their Sports Editor he said that the club never sent reports in - otherwise they'd be given half a page for their results and latest news etc.

Also, he didn't want a websiteas 'there is no need for it, we only get 20 on the gates' not realising that good marketing = more clients.

It was like pulling teeth - the committee were nodding dogs and defeatists who wouldn't try any new ideas. They wouldn't even do things for charities, which I personally found quite sad, and when I managed to get an all star side to visit them in pre-season one year they cancelled and lied about the reasons.

In short, the club is for locals only - we don't want new ideas and new people, even if we are now heading for Step 7 football in the near future...

AdamKing – Are you sure you weren’t at Haringey Borough or Kentish Town as it sounds exactly like them. I don’t actually buy Missunderstood’s opinion on Loosely as he had a superb innovative Coach at Southill Alexander, who is now at Tring Athletic, yet he treated him like something the cat had dragged in.

No, Rhodes, wasn't any of them.

The club in question was Malvern Town.

Poor old Rhodesy, clutching at straws. So out of the loop.

Loosely - But like I pointed out, you're a business man of long standing, or so you claim, so surely would have seen Unc coming from a mile away if you say he never delivered what he promised and left you holding the baby financially!