Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ware did Town go ?

OldTowner

Where did Town go in the second half ?

3 - 0 up at half time and some goals needed to get up on the goal difference held by Leiston, against a poor bottom of the League team.

So, just like last week at 3 - 2 when we failed to go for the 4th, we decde to sit back and "hold" the 3 goal advantage.

Failed in "almost" every respect.

Did we have a shot on goal in the second half ? Can't remember one.

Did we attack and put Ware under pressure ? No.

Poor second half letting Ware back into a game they should have been well out of.

End up "holding on".

3 points, but there needs to be a bit more drive in our play.

Something missing in my opinion.

Some hard games coming up !!

Sorry, but based on last few games, needs more if Town are to either win the League or win the play-offs.

Edited by OldTowner

Where did Town go in the second half ?

3 - 0 up at half time and some goals needed to get up on the goal difference held by Leiston, against a poor bottom of the League team.

So, just like last week at 3 - 2 when we failed to go for the 4th, we decde to sit back and "hold" the 3 goal advantage.

Failed in "almost" every respect.

Did we have a shot on goal in the second half ? Can't remember one.

Did we attack and put Ware under pressure ? No.

Poor second half letting Ware back into a game they should have been well out of.

End up "holding on".

3 points, but there needs to be a bit more drive in our play.

Something missing in my opinion.

Some hard games coming up !!

Sorry, but based on last few games, needs more if Town are to either win the League or win the play-offs.

Went to sleep.

It's a good job Ware did not start scoring a little earlier otherwise we could have thrown away the 3-0 lead at the end. The pitch was awful, but same for both sides. The game itself was not a classic but three away points has helped.

Need to shut up shop when in the lead.

Cracking own goal by the Ware defender. I am sure most attackers would have been proud to score a goal like that.

Papworth Towner was very disappointed that he could not have chips at half time! Made do with an enormous cup of tea instead!

In the battle of the substitutes the Ware manager was better.

In my view the subbing of Liam and Bryan upset the centre of the park where we were dominant until they were subbed.

This isn't a criticism as there may have been injury reasons why they were subbed but we are somewhat lacking in players who can play in the middle where it can hurt whilst we have a bundle of players who can play wide.

In the clips above look how many times Liam was available in the middle to receive but when he went off there appeared to be no one who could pick up the ball in a forward centre position.

I agree Steph, our substitutions do sometimes often seem to be straight swaps yet the individuals coming on are different types of players to those going off but our style of play or formation doesnt change particuarly.

It was Bryan's first 1st team start in a long while though so 90 mins may have been a tough ask.

However, these are mere observations not moans as the league table doesnt lie and at this stage in the season results are the most important thing!

It was Bryan's first 1st team start in a long while though so 90 mins may have been a tough ask.

He played 90 minutes on Tuesday, so hardly a long time between starts. More like 180 minutes in four days being a bit much at his advanced age.

We supporters are all Managers and it is an easy job from the terraces !

In my opinion we have not replaced Jon Moore and I wondered why Lockie did not play right backa and Lee Allen in the middle of midfield, where he can introduce some energy.

This would also push Liam back up front/middle where he scores goals.

Just my obsevations.

The beauty of it is that we can all have our seperate views but one common cause.

In my opinion we have not replaced Jon Moore and I wondered why Lockie did not play right backa and Lee Allen in the middle of midfield, where he can introduce some energy.

Just my obsevations.

Good point, i'm sure Steve is considering everything. One concern though is 8 goals conceded in 3 games which needs to be put right asap.

Looking forward to Soham and 3 more points to pile some pressure on Leiston.

Just my obsevations.

Ha Ha,

So Lockie played right back, Lee Allen played in midfield and Liam Hope scored.

Nice 4 - 0 win away at Soham.

Cheers Steve,

And thanks for listening !!

Ha Ha.

It might have been forced. Rudi was working, Dan Forward and Dean Pennant were unavailable, Bryan had played 2 games in 4 days, so we only had 4 on the bench. If any of the first 3 had been available Lee or Jordan might not have played. If Bryan had not played 2 games in 4 days (and been late getting to the ground) he may well have started.

Still the team was the best available and it worked. However I think Soham need a new goalkeeper and if Noel had played like the Soham keeper it might have been 4-4!