Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley v Guildford - 13th March

Where to start ?

Game - Even first half that saw both sides cancel each other out and a 1-1 scoreline. First 20 to 25 minutes Guildford battered us and we did well to keep it to 2-1. Last 20 minutes were more even and we had a goal disallowed but Guildford deserved their win.

Ref - Thought he had a decent game in difficult circumstances. Could possibly have sent the Guildford 2 off in the 1st half and also the Guildford 10 in the 2nd and I would imagine by the noises made at our end that we may have lost 1 or 2 in the incident with the Guildford 10 but he was clearly trying his hardest to keep 22 players on the pitch. My only complaint was he didnt deal with that obnoxius [****!!****] who plays in goal for Guildford.

Guildford Fans - Top notch and created a decent atmosphere under cover and that is always good to see

Guildford Management and Team - They were a complete disgrace last night and I will not miss them when they go this season. From 30 seconds in they moaned, whinged and play acted their way through the entire evening. On at least 5 occasions in the game after challenges their players rolled around like they had been shot only to get back up and make amazing recoveries. They surronded the referee at every opportunity attempting to get players cautioned and sent off. this included the idiot in goal who every time there was a foul in the Guildford half would rush out to the referee to join in the moans. Most of the time they were lead by their captain who moaned about every decision given against Guildford and that is no exaggeration. Also the 3 was as bad as well but he also enjoyed a number of sly little kicks on our players proving what an absolute coward he is. I can honestly say that if Camberley ever turned out like that I would not go and watch them because they are a disgrace. Even Moses joined in which is a shame because I have a lot of respect for him including the fact that at one point in the 2nd half he completely killed me with a comment. Jayden Gibbs had a bit of a laugh with us and Elvis when he came on as sub also conducted himself well especially when he was cautioned for a late challenge. It was a late challenge, it wasnt nasty but deserved a booking. Our player got up instead of rolling around, Elvis took his card but the 4 and 3 decided to surrond the ref and moan about it.

Sorry to say this but good riddance to them they will not be missed on the pitch but they will be off the pitch. If that its what you need to do to win the league then I actually hope we never do.

I look forward to comments from people who were there both Guildford people and neutrals. I am sorry Guildford fans but I do not know how you can watch that every week.

Those grapes taste very sour and sad to see your ridiculous comments. Clearly the better team won, you do realise Guildford played in yellow last night!. From what I saw it was a physical game as clearly Camberley seemed intent on this style of football from the off.

I completely agree Banshee the better team won. Physical game yes from both sides. Only one team rolled around on the ground trying to get players cautioned and sent off and kept surronding the referee. Sour grapes nope.

Just out of interest Guildford or Neutral ?

Sorry Spencer where did I say that we were angels ? As mentioned above when Guildford 10 should have been sent off for going in late on our keeper I expect by the reaction of the Guildford fans close to the incident that at least one of our players did something that deserved a red.

I guess the first stamping incident was the one on in the 1st minute where you left back went in late, then rolled around like he had been shot and then got up and was running around immediately afterwards ? I was around 10 yards from that and there was no stamp and if there were I would suggest that it would have done some damage.

Edited by Krooner

I wasn't there last night but all I would say is that Camberley levelled similar accusations at a Windsor player who was "assaulted" by one of their players down near the touchline when they played us at our place. A bad foul and obvious booking for the Camberley player but next day our player was accused of cheating through feigning injury.

Ben Porter is an honest player and was obviously in a lot of pain after the tackle but did come back on although he was substituted early in the 2nd half.

Frankly the accusations and abuse directed towards him at the time, and next day, were pathetic.

Well 4 stud marks on his groin from the 1st challenge and 6 on his chest from the 2 nd is enough damage in my eyes! All your no9 did was laugh about it! It seems that all camberleys tactics were was to kick the s*it out of us as you didn't play any football! But now your complaining because we stood up to you?

Well 4 stud marks on his groin from the 1st challenge and 6 on his chest from the 2 nd is enough damage in my eyes! All your no9 did was laugh about it! It seems that all camberleys tactics were was to kick the s*it out of us as you didn't play any football! But now your complaining because we stood up to you?

In which case you have evidence that shows you know more than me about that and I will accept that.

I would suggest that you read my post properly Spencer. It is your teams constant moaning and whining about every decision that goes against you. I lost count the number of times there were multiple players surronding the referee. Intimidation by your players constantly throughout the game to all 3 officials mostly led by the 4 and 3.

the most annying thing about it is there is no need for it. Over the last 2 1/2 season Guildford have proven to be the best side and from what I saw last night have no need to conduct themselves in that manner.

I would like to think that I classified myself as a neutral last night and I have to agree with Krooner's report. The really sad thing about Guildford is that their behaviour competely overshadows the fact that they are a very good footballing side. When they decide to play, they are the best side in this league. There is plenty of strength, pace and movement all over the pitch. Where they let themselves down is with their behaviour. Totally and completely disgraceful abuse and crowding of the referee, coupled with play acting and cynicism that I would expect in the Premiership.

The cynicism reached a peak where the Guildford #10 took out the Camberley keeper and then followed through. Cue handbags which flared up as the referee was trying to talk to his Assistant. Why? To obviously distract the officials to the extent that the original cause was forgotten, ignored or overlooked. Judging by Krooner's comments on that flashpoint, I would have to say ignored.

It is a great shame that the talk after the game was not focussed on the football both teams played but instead the attitude and behaviour of a team, ironically, playing in yellow.

Edited by WindsorFC Programme Editor

Camberley were the Toughest team that Guildford have played this season, I haven't seen a game played quite like it since Moneyfields last season. Camberley went at it with a game plan, close Guildford down and dont back out of any tackles. The Camberley no6 played a blinder of a first half but was replaced in the second and Camberley never looked the same again. The Ref wasn't good and missed many big moments or chose not to. Guildford are not a grubby side but were getting little protection from the Ref and may have come across wrongly to some. But still I along with all of the Sweeney will miss our outing to Camberley and the Real Ale in the bar, I hope we meet again when Camberley win the league next year and follow us up, I am sure if they can play like that and keep their players they will not be far off.

Krooner I follow Banstead and Guildford and have friends playing for both sides. . Keep posting though its the best Laugh I have had in ages.

Krooner I follow Banstead and Guildford and have friends playing for both sides. . Keep posting though its the best Laugh I have had in ages.

Glad I have made you laugh Banshee :)

Camberley were the Toughest team that Guildford have played this season, I haven't seen a game played quite like it since Moneyfields last season. Camberley went at it with a game plan, close Guildford down and dont back out of any tackles. The Camberley no6 played a blinder of a first half but was replaced in the second and Camberley never looked the same again. The Ref wasn't good and missed many big moments or chose not to. Guildford are not a grubby side but were getting little protection from the Ref and may have come across wrongly to some. But still I along with all of the Sweeney will miss our outing to Camberley and the Real Ale in the bar, I hope we meet again when Camberley win the league next year and follow us up, I am sure if they can play like that and keep their players they will not be far off.

Arent differing views just the best thing :)

Dont bank on us following you up Andrew as I think there will be plenty of stronger sides than us next year. I will miss the supporters as they gave the old place some atmosphere when you visit.

I really enjoyed last night. It was like being at a proper match again.

Guildford's movement was magnificent and they were always on hand to pick up any loose balls.

Was a pleasure to have a chat with the City fans before the game and at half and Windsor Ed at full time.

I hope Guildford as a club go on to do well in the future but I can't wish well to the majority of their players last night. The CCL has a reputation around the country as a moany, whingy league. My view is that this season most teams have calmed right down but Guildford last night were an embarrassment. Players surrounding the ref every time there's an incident - pathetic. I expect nine year olds to copy what they see on tv - not grown men. The play acting was also pathetic but if that's what the players are paid to do then at least their doing their job well.

Guildford are the best team I've seen this season, in fact the best team I've seen for a while in the CCL. Whoever runs the club needs to have a serious look at who they employ though as they're not doing the club any favours.

When will people listen, I've been saying it now for the last 3 seasons. Guildford BULLY and intimidate their opponents and the referee, they even hit referee's. I have mentioned before that a weak referee will bow down to this intimidation and tend to favour Guildford, its their ploy and if they get away with it then thats whats happens. I have seen Guildford on many occasions albeit not at The Spectrum, they are always the same, cocky, arrogant but in a funny sort of way thats not a bad thing but done it a respectful manner. I agree the same goes for their bench/manager thats where the players get it from. This sounds like we are hounding Guildford but its the truth. Nevertheless, they are the best team I have seen this season but honestly, there is no room for the abuse given by their bench.

Guildford supporters will deny these accusations which is natural, but coming from a neutral I can only say what I see and voice my opinion. I think that if Guildford supporters are ''honest'' with themselves they would tend to agree, but they won't be......

Okay, thats Guildford, now let me tell you Camberley are no angels either. They are very similar as Guildford with the same bully, intimidation and play acting antics. I have also seen them a few times this season and their bench is also similar especially Barnard.

I am a believer that the team/players that go on the pitch act the same as their management manner.....BT?'s.

If BOTH teams/clubs wish to succeed in this manner so be it, there is nothing us supporters and ground-hoppers can do but voice their own opinons. I personally have no room for it but if it works and other teams are intimidated then they have themselves to blame.

In my opinion, the referee's officating Guildford and Camberley games need to be strong and experience one's.

Guildford's movement was magnificent and they were always on hand to pick up any loose balls.

Was a pleasure to have a chat with the City fans before the game and at half and Windsor Ed at full time.

I hope Guildford as a club go on to do well in the future but I can't wish well to the majority of their players last night. The CCL has a reputation around the country as a moany, whingy league. My view is that this season most teams have calmed right down but Guildford last night were an embarrassment. Players surrounding the ref every time there's an incident - pathetic. I expect nine year olds to copy what they see on tv - not grown men. The play acting was also pathetic but if that's what the players are paid to do then at least their doing their job well.

Guildford are the best team I've seen this season, in fact the best team I've seen for a while in the CCL. Whoever runs the club needs to have a serious look at who they employ though as they're not doing the club any favours.

If the Scoreline had read Camberley 2-1 Guildford City..... none of this nonsense would have been said....

You have nothing better to do then try and make excuses, maybe you should speak with your management to get some footballers rather than some thugs.... if people are going to kick and stamp on players... and nothing is done about it... obviously someone is going to say something.... Camberley in the first half screamed at the ref for everything... and most of the time they got it... (but obviously as a Camberley fan - you won't hear your players screaming nor see them stamping)

opinions opinions opinions.... I thought it was a good battle... and thats what it was... Guildford edged it with a little bit of class... end of story....

NG - you'll be surprised. The City fans are refreshingly honest about the people representing their twnn on the pitch.

Likewise, I hope myself and Krooner are honest about Camberley. You're correct - we can be narky sods at times but not on the scale of Guildford last night - like you say, it must be part of their plans as it starts as soon as the whistle blows. Camberley's narkiness usually only starts when we're not winning and one or two of our players start behaving like children who haven't got their own way.

I've missed a few games this season as I got sick of the whinging and moaning and griping on the pitch. I don't want to hear it but I honestly think last season was the worst for it and most teams have calmed down this season. It's been quite a pleasurable season all in all.

We want to get more people involved in our clubs - with some players acting the way they do you can understand why people don't want to pay to watch it.

If the Scoreline had read Camberley 2-1 Guildford City..... none of this nonsense would have been said....

You have nothing better to do then try and make excuses, maybe you should speak with your management to get some footballers rather than some thugs.... if people are going to kick and stamp on players... and nothing is done about it... obviously someone is going to say something.... Camberley in the first half screamed at the ref for everything... and most of the time they got it... (but obviously as a Camberley fan - you won't hear your players screaming nor see them stamping)

opinions opinions opinions.... I thought it was a good battle... and thats what it was... Guildford edged it with a little bit of class... end of story....

Incorrect Banshee I would have said the same thing about Guildford if we had won. Sure there is an element of rose tinted involved but I can honestly say at no time did I witness 6 or 7 Camberley players surrond the ref. Neither did I see our goalkeeper leave his 18 yard area to hound the referee, actually not sure he left the 6 yard box !!

I also disagree with your last line. I felt that guildford had more than a touch of class ;)