Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley v Guildford - 13th March

Banshee,what is sour grapes.Krooner has given his honest opinion on what he saw.I for one respect his opinion,you obviously do not.Classing him in the same category as NICE GUY,is not respectful.APOLOGISE.

Smudgeyboy, you got a brown tongue today ?........................lol !!!

Wow, is this thread still going?

Thought it was last season for a minute there.

Depends if you are looking forward or back GS. If you are looking forward you would of course only be passing through on your way to your new BTK forum ;)

The best footballing side Guildford City have played this season was Colliers Wood, they beat us fair and square, no fouling, just outplayed us on the night and won 4-2, there was no whining by City fans we lost to a better side. As for Camberley Town they played dirty football, I am sure they always play dirty football but just normally win, unfortunately for them they found a team who could beat them and the fans don't like it.

You have really got to get over it or else go to your local pet shop in Frimley and get some Bob Martins!

Message from "willheavey" on the Guildford City FC Forum:

Ok so Corey got stamped on twice I have two broken toes from a studs up challenge and jack is lucky not to have a severe head injury. Yet the main talk is about how we moan at the ref. phahaha the ref last night we have had before and I have personally thought he was a good ref , last night I dont think his assistants helped him and yes we are vocal we do appeal. But that is part of the game. Camberly are a good side and we knew it was going to be a hard fought contest and that's what it was. On the pitch which is where it happens there was good communication from each set of players mainly friendly banter even in heated moments. We are the best footballing side (in my opinion) mainly cos we can adapt our game to all circumstances. Pitch quality, physical game, fast pace slow pace , it's a shame we have had to try and win this league twice as it was such an achievement and means so much to our side. Last year we was not worthy of wearing Guildford city shirts because we didn't all live in Guildford, now the attention is drawn to our apparent bully tactics its pathetic, Well as far as I'm concerned each and every man on that pitch is greatful to have a club to play at where we don't just play as a team we play like a family with 100% commitment to our team and the loyal fans that we have.everyone seems to have something to say about us bad ground bad attitude arrogant well we as a team never moan or comment on negatives we always make our opponents welcome and always shake hands and every game to us is a cup final. I can speak for our team manager and hopefully our supporters ( friends) when I say we are a team that enjoy the sport all aspects of it the competition the banter some times the bloody battles on the pitch but mainly we enjoy listening to other supporters and players be so negative because if it was all positive then we would be a bottom table team because it seems to me that the combined counties fans forum is like the great British press we only ever get behind our sporting achievers if they are failing . Well done camberley I can honestly say it was a good game to be involved in last night a real mans game and I wish them every success next year as I think they are a good squad. And thank you to kev roley and my boys for giving me a great season of enjoyable football. Even our mouthy goal keeper mr hall

Being a player you will be bias towards to club that is natural and understandable. I have quoted on this forum that Guildford are the best team I have seen this season and deserve to be where they are in the league. But, are you saying that you do not bully and intimidate both players and more concerning the referee.....? Good tactics ? Clever tactics ? Every decision Guildford players rally round and hound the referee to get players sent off, even your keeper runs half the length of the pitch. EVERY game Guildford players do this and over the last 2 seasons I've seen them play 7-8 times...... perhaps this just happens when I watch Guildford all the other times they are saints ?.

I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. It clearly works and good luck to Guildford its just annoying you don't admit what you do or just in denial. Its not just Guildford who do this, Camberley are the same, talk about get on the referee's back moan, moan, moan. Its taken advantage of a weak referee and again is that good, clever tactics I ask ? It seems to work tho' !

There you go clubs the way forward to win the CCL next season !

How many times have you seen Guildford this season NG, and who against? I'm sure you will have records of all the matches you go to - come on, tell us. Every decision, every game - did you read Guildford Sweeney's post?

Yeah I have Jakes especially the last sentance.......lol !

Once again you fail to answer when a direct question is put to you - how many times have you seen Guildford play this season, and who against?

Unless I can't read English properly, doesn't that answer one of your questions you asked, before you even put it to NG??

Your are quite correct, even if the answer is rather flippant.However he still hasn't answered the question about how many times he has seen us play this season.

The best footballing side Guildford City have played this season was Colliers Wood, they beat us fair and square, no fouling, just outplayed us on the night and won 4-2, there was no whining by City fans we lost to a better side. As for Camberley Town they played dirty football, I am sure they always play dirty football but just normally win, unfortunately for them they found a team who could beat them and the fans don't like it.

You have really got to get over it or else go to your local pet shop in Frimley and get some Bob Martins!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Indeed Jake and if he had at least your 2 and 10 would not have been on the pitch at the end but I am for one am glad he didnt because it would have spoilt the actual football.

Also your number 4, 7 & 9 then kroonershould have been sent off

Fair enough Spencer.

Yep we are a dirty side that give and take it. Only one side gave it and took on Tuesday mate and the other gave it and moaned like hell when they got it back :)

This thread was about Tuesday's match. You appear to make a huge sweeping statement about the whole season.

Message from "willheavey" on the Guildford City FC Forum:

Ok so Corey got stamped on twice I have two broken toes from a studs up challenge and jack is lucky not to have a severe head injury. Yet the main talk is about how we moan at the ref. phahaha the ref last night we have had before and I have personally thought he was a good ref , last night I dont think his assistants helped him and yes we are vocal we do appeal. But that is part of the game. Camberly are a good side and we knew it was going to be a hard fought contest and that's what it was. On the pitch which is where it happens there was good communication from each set of players mainly friendly banter even in heated moments. We are the best footballing side (in my opinion) mainly cos we can adapt our game to all circumstances. Pitch quality, physical game, fast pace slow pace , it's a shame we have had to try and win this league twice as it was such an achievement and means so much to our side. Last year we was not worthy of wearing Guildford city shirts because we didn't all live in Guildford, now the attention is drawn to our apparent bully tactics its pathetic, Well as far as I'm concerned each and every man on that pitch is greatful to have a club to play at where we don't just play as a team we play like a family with 100% commitment to our team and the loyal fans that we have.everyone seems to have something to say about us bad ground bad attitude arrogant well we as a team never moan or comment on negatives we always make our opponents welcome and always shake hands and every game to us is a cup final. I can speak for our team manager and hopefully our supporters ( friends) when I say we are a team that enjoy the sport all aspects of it the competition the banter some times the bloody battles on the pitch but mainly we enjoy listening to other supporters and players be so negative because if it was all positive then we would be a bottom table team because it seems to me that the combined counties fans forum is like the great British press we only ever get behind our sporting achievers if they are failing . Well done camberley I can honestly say it was a good game to be involved in last night a real mans game and I wish them every success next year as I think they are a good squad. And thank you to kev roley and my boys for giving me a great season of enjoyable football. Even our mouthy goal keeper mr hall

Being a player you will be bias towards to club that is natural and understandable. I have quoted on this forum that Guildford are the best team I have seen this season and deserve to be where they are in the league. But, are you saying that you do not bully and intimidate both players and more concerning the referee.....? Good tactics ? Clever tactics ? Every decision Guildford players rally round and hound the referee to get players sent off, even your keeper runs half the length of the pitch. EVERY game Guildford players do this and over the last 2 seasons I've seen them play 7-8 times...... perhaps this just happens when I watch Guildford all the other times they are saints ?.

I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. It clearly works and good luck to Guildford its just annoying you don't admit what you do or just in denial. Its not just Guildford who do this, Camberley are the same, talk about get on the referee's back moan, moan, moan. Its taken advantage of a weak referee and again is that good, clever tactics I ask ? It seems to work tho' !

There you go clubs the way forward to win the CCL next season !

How many times have you seen Guildford this season NG, and who against? I'm sure you will have records of all the matches you go to - come on, tell us. Every decision, every game - did you read Guildford Sweeney's post?

Yeah I have Jakes especially the last sentance.......lol !

Once again you fail to answer when a direct question is put to you - how many times have you seen Guildford play this season, and who against?

Unless I can't read English properly, doesn't that answer one of your questions you asked, before you even put it to NG??

Your are quite correct, even if the answer is rather flippant.However he still hasn't answered the question about how many times he has seen us play this season.

Not that I have to explain to you where I go to watch football, nevertheless Jakes I will tell you that I I've seen Guildford Bully Boys play Colliers Wood, South Park, Farnham and Molesey albeit not at the dreaded Spectrum ...........lol !

Yep we are a dirty side that give and take it. Only one side gave it and took on Tuesday mate and the other gave it and moaned like hell when they got it back :)

This thread was about Tuesday's match. You appear to make a huge sweeping statement about the whole season.

Maybe I have classed your whole season as dirty when I have only seen you play twice but our team only complains to the ref when they feel they have been wronged. If you don't kick us they don't complain to the ref. This goes on right across the leagues and the world right to the teams at the top of all leagues, Real Madrid, Barca, Man U, Chelsea. Maybe not nice but is it cheating when a player keeps following through on you and the victim asks the ref to deal with him? Not good viewing but part and parcel of the modern game, If you don't play that way it is unlikely you will top any table. Ugly yes.

Good Luck for the future and really do hope you win it next season so you better start copying Guildford's method

(PS I have been advised it is best not to take Bob Martins as they are for Dogs)

Maybe I have classed your whole season as dirty when I have only seen you play twice but our team only complains to the ref when they feel they have been wronged. If you don't kick us they don't complain to the ref. This goes on right across the leagues and the world right to the teams at the top of all leagues, Real Madrid, Barca, Man U, Chelsea. Maybe not nice but is it cheating when a player keeps following through on you and the victim asks the ref to deal with him? Not good viewing but part and parcel of the modern game, If you don't play that way it is unlikely you will top any table. Ugly yes.

Good Luck for the future and really do hope you win it next season so you better start copying Guildford's method

(PS I have been advised it is best not to take Bob Martins as they are for Dogs)

NEVER ;)

ANDY,Bob Martins have many uses,even for Pussy Cats like you.The main purpose though , is to stop irritants from annoying others.

WHO?

Small island of the south coast of England, I think you'll find, Smudgey !

:bolt:

Dear Guildford, our players have got marks from your players studs as well. Our goalie's stud marks are in his chest from your number 10. You're proving my point that you can give it but can't take it back. No-one minds a bit of robustness and some dodgy challenges but it's the way your players acted like pricks that's the problem. Do you not get it?

How can you say it's sour grapes? We deserved to lose against Guildford based purely on football. We were mentioning your players' antics at half time when we weren't losing. Only an idiot could see this as sour grapes.

Having discussed this matter with people from other clubs I was amazed how much Guildford are disliked. It's not jealousy as some of those clubs are at a higher level than Guildford. The Ryman League don't want the club in their league - that's how much they're disliked. I've also heard today that Guildford haven't got a lease on their ground for next season which could scupper any promotion attempt. I don't know if it's true or not but apparently the local council have issues with health and safety at the Spectrum.

I got sent a link to a blog which is interesting. I've reproduced it here in full:-

I have to get this out of my system because it has been eating into me all day today. Last night I went to Krooner Park to watch Camberley Town FC take on league leaders Guildford Town. The buzz in the bar was that Guildford were a well organised team, full of talent and that is why they were top of the league.

They say that league tables don’t lie - this is true. But they don’t tell the whole truth either. Guildford Town have found a way to win games - it includes acting like prize [censored], screaming out in pain when there is nothing wrong with you, barracking, swearing and verbally abusing the ref and being ungracious little twats.

Within about the first three minutes an innocuous takle on a Guildford Town player led to him rolling around on the floor and screaming like a scolded pig. I was genuinely scared for the guy, he was banging on the floor, rolling around and still screaming like someone had finished with their bucket of hot water and was now attacking a chained up pig with a blow torch. Cue the other 10 twats players surrounding the ref, shouting and swearing at all and sundry - linesman, ref and Camberley Town players. The Guildford physio came running on and by simply laying on hands what ever pain the guy was feeling miraculously stopped and the guy was healed. Either that or he was just a play acting little [censored].

Every time a Camberley Town player went past a GT player, a shout of “Foul ref!”, “pulled his shirt ref!” etc. When the ref ignored the shouts it would be followed by “[censored] sake ref!!” or some other verbal abuse. And so it continued.

Guildford’s head of steam peaked when they scored a well taken header, from then Camberley came back at them and equalised a couple of minutes later. Although the ref was verbally abused for giving the free kick and then they surrounded the linesman claiming offside when the goal was scored - who was also verbally abused.

And so Camberley kicked on, reigned in Guildford and started to take control of the game in their own quite way. The Guildford team carried on with their shouting, complaining and swearing at all and sundry. Cue halt time.

I missed the kick off for the second half as I finished my pint. Half time had not changed Guildford’s game plan - shouting, moaning, swearing. Cue some more play acting and then Guildford’s second goal.

After about 75 minutes we had yet another bout of play acting. Guildford’s number 2, already booked, was subbed and came to sit in the stands. An act surely worthy of a Bafta nomination was going on with shouts from the stands of “get up!”. I piped up to the Camberley fans around me in a very sarcastic voice: “I think he’s dead” which got a laugh. Cue an idiot Guildford fan: “You’re sick! You wish he was dead! That’s what you said!”

Ahh, the species I hate the most - the lesser-spotted-self-righteous-[****!!****]-head. You know the sort, they stand there telling you racist jokes and then spout off about how they hate Suarez. The sort of people who bought newspapers when it had a picture of Princess Diana on it and then blamed the press when she was hounded to her death by paparazzi feeding the addiction that they created. Not only that she was from the sub-species: the deliberately miss hear type.

I defended my self and told her that is not what I said. “They let you out for the day then?” she attempted to quip. Making jokes that involve mental health are never funny but at that point the play actor made another miraculous recovery as the healing hands of the physio did the trick once again. She was about to say something more when I shouted:

Praise the Lord, thank you Jesus for restoring life to our brother!!!!

Which got a laugh.

Pipe up Guildford’s number two to me: You’re an idiot!

I looked over to him: Sorry I didn’t hear that.

Number 2: You’re arguing with a lady - that makes you an idiot.

How do you respond to someone who is so far down the IQ range that they come out with that [****!!****]? It was obvious that if it went any further he would respond the only way he knew, with his fists - like his team mates who started a melle a few minutes later. So I shut up.

Just before the final whistle we had some more play acting. Rolling around in the death throws until the physio’s healing hands pulled off yet another miracle. So many healing miracles in one night - enough for a born again Atheist like me to want to read a Bible. Number two had [censored] off by then but the lesser-spotted-self-righteous-selective-hearing-[****!!****]-head female was still sitting there. A Camberley fan sat at the back gave his advice: Get up you pussy! You should be an ice skater!! Pussy!! And so he continued - and it was comedy gold. The guy making the noise was built like a brick outhouse - I wonder if this was why the woman stayed silent this time and the number 2 didn’t bother to come back and call him an idiot? We’ll never know …

And then the final whistle.

And a thought went through my mind - was all this their football persona? Like boxers who hype themselves up to hate their opponent pre-fight but once the final bell goes they let it all go and embrace each other - would the Guildford players now relax, calm down and become what is socially accepted as “alright blokes”. Not a chance. They flounced off the pitch, still mouthing off and swearing. “Glad we don’t have come back to this [****!!****] hole” said one of them as he went down the tunnel.

Do you remember when Brian Clough died? It was a sad day. Do you remember when Sir Bobby Robson died? That was a very sad day. A life long Newcastle supporter and Newcastle Manager. He was held in such high regarde by everyone in football that, on his death, Sunderland fans sang his name at the Stadium of Light. We are all a very long time dead and if we are to make our mark then what people remember after we are dead is so important.

Your team wins the league and get promotion but absolutely every one hates you. What is the point of that? Diego Maradona was a superb footballer, one the best ever in the history of the world. But for a large number of us he is remembered as a fat coke snorting cheat.

It could have been so different last night. The talk could have been how well they took their first goal, how well they played the offside trap, how accurate their passing was etc. Instead I’m writing about a bunch of [censored].

I don’t know what Darren Barnard told his players after the game. I hope he told them that they were gentlemen, who played the game in the correct spirit, who refused to be intimidated. I hope he told them to keep on keeping on.

Don’t succumb to the dark side boys - keep on playing the game in a sporting and gentlemanly manner. You will get your reward!!

Ha and there goes any credibility you may gave had in the argument Spencer.

Just take it on the chin, accept that although Guildford are without doubt the best side in this division and should do well in the league above the way that the players and staff conduct themselves should be seen as an embarrassment. Unfortunately having seen Guildford a few times they probably see themselves as doing nothing wrong.

Congratulations on your success this season greatly deserved but your actions as a team detract from how good a side you are.