Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley v Guildford - 13th March

Yawn.

Whether or not it fits with the image many on here seem to have of us, we at Guildford City are a fairly humble bunch. We do not come gloating on here when we win, and we do not moan on here when we lose. We do not comment on or criticise other clubs on here, despite others doing so to us.

This year the squad has been much more mature, and the disciplinary record reflects that. Last night was the worst we have been for a long time but I don't think Camberley can paint themselves as victims. They are a good, robust team and I hardly think that we were play acting. If anything it just shows how good our new physio is and you're all jealous of her.

Two tough teams playing tough football I enjoyed it and didnt have a problem with it, being in the crowd I left the ground with no bruises, most of the players of both teams will hurt today but they may like that sort of thing. Its a mans game, two teams of men.Get over it. No angels on either team.

Chertsey were no angels last year and next years winners will not be either.If you want to get out of this division by the up route dont give up on next season before this one has ended,

I really enjoyed last night. It was like being at a proper match again.

Guildford's movement was magnificent and they were always on hand to pick up any loose balls.

Was a pleasure to have a chat with the City fans before the game and at half and Windsor Ed at full time.

I hope Guildford as a club go on to do well in the future but I can't wish well to the majority of their players last night. The CCL has a reputation around the country as a moany, whingy league. My view is that this season most teams have calmed right down but Guildford last night were an embarrassment. Players surrounding the ref every time there's an incident - pathetic. I expect nine year olds to copy what they see on tv - not grown men. The play acting was also pathetic but if that's what the players are paid to do then at least their doing their job well.

Guildford are the best team I've seen this season, in fact the best team I've seen for a while in the CCL. Whoever runs the club needs to have a serious look at who they employ though as they're not doing the club any favours.

If the Scoreline had read Camberley 2-1 Guildford City..... none of this nonsense would have been said....

You have nothing better to do then try and make excuses, maybe you should speak with your management to get some footballers rather than some thugs.... if people are going to kick and stamp on players... and nothing is done about it... obviously someone is going to say something.... Camberley in the first half screamed at the ref for everything... and most of the time they got it... (but obviously as a Camberley fan - you won't hear your players screaming nor see them stamping)

opinions opinions opinions.... I thought it was a good battle... and thats what it was... Guildford edged it with a little bit of class... end of story....

Incorrect Banshee I would have said the same thing about Guildford if we had won. Sure there is an element of rose tinted involved but I can honestly say at no time did I witness 6 or 7 Camberley players surrond the ref. Neither did I see our goalkeeper leave his 18 yard area to hound the referee, actually not sure he left the 6 yard box !!

I also disagree with your last line. I felt that guildford had more than a touch of class ;)

Well as I said, football is all about opinions, we won't agree with everything...

I don't recall seeing 6 or 7 players surround the ref either... although i do recall him booking a Guildford player for a kick, and then completely avoiding booking the Camberley #2 for the exact same thing moments after.... so if one or two players spoke.., NOT hounded... spoke to the referee and asked why one was and one wasn't a booking that's a fair question to ask... BUT that's football! the Ref's are only human...

I still enjoyed the game - yes it was petty at times - FROM BOTH TEAMS.... takes two to tango... but overall a good solid game.... players shook hands after the game... benches shook hands... I have nothing bad to say for Camberley... who did scream and moan a lot but hey! :P

Well said GS and I will state at no point did I suggest we were angels.

Also agree with Andrew

The only reason you didnt moan though Banshee is cos it was Camberley 1 2 Guildford. I wonder if you would had it been the other way around :grinarse:

Also agree with Andrew

The only reason you didnt moan though Banshee is cos it was Camberley 1 2 Guildford. I wonder if you would had it been the other way around :grinarse:

I quite possibly would have felt hard by,... but then i probably wouldn't have come on here and moaned about it... :P

Also agree with Andrew

I quite possibly would have felt hard by,... but then i probably wouldn't have come on here and moaned about it... :P

Easy to say that now :shocked:

When will people listen, I've been saying it now for the last 3 seasons. Guildford BULLY and intimidate their opponents and the referee, they even hit referee's. I have mentioned before that a weak referee will bow down to this intimidation and tend to favour Guildford, its their ploy and if they get away with it then thats whats happens. I have seen Guildford on many occasions albeit not at The Spectrum, they are always the same, cocky, arrogant but in a funny sort of way thats not a bad thing but done it a respectful manner. I agree the same goes for their bench/manager thats where the players get it from. This sounds like we are hounding Guildford but its the truth. Nevertheless, they are the best team I have seen this season but honestly, there is no room for the abuse given by their bench.

Guildford supporters will deny these accusations which is natural, but coming from a neutral I can only say what I see and voice my opinion. I think that if Guildford supporters are ''honest'' with themselves they would tend to agree, but they won't be......

Okay, thats Guildford, now let me tell you Camberley are no angels either. They are very similar as Guildford with the same bully, intimidation and play acting antics. I have also seen them a few times this season and their bench is also similar especially Barnard.

I am a believer that the team/players that go on the pitch act the same as their management manner.....BT?'s.

If BOTH teams/clubs wish to succeed in this manner so be it, there is nothing us supporters and ground-hoppers can do but voice their own opinons. I personally have no room for it but if it works and other teams are intimidated then they have themselves to blame.

In my opinion, the referee's officating Guildford and Camberley games need to be strong and experience one's.

Christ you sure do talk an absolute load of SH*T... no one cares for what you have to say 'Nice Guy'.... now bore me later.... Marmite and custard sandwiches all round...... :ph34r:

Gents all said and done.................I have to say that the best team I've seen this season will be Champions, but not sure I agree in the manner its been done but good luck to Guildford.

I will ask tho', is this the type of bully, intimidation mannerism that future teams need to follow to get out of this league ? If so, Camberley should be Champions next season.......lol !!!

Gents all said and done.................I have to say that the best team I've seen this season will be Champions, but not sure I agree in the manner its been done but good luck to Guildford.

I will ask tho', is this the type of bully, intimidation mannerism that future teams need to follow to get out of this league ? If so, Camberley should be Champions next season.......lol !!!

Not looking forward to that then :(

i have to say from what i have seen this year of guildford they are a vocal bunch. no worse then some of the other teams in this league. but whats that age old saying... "if you dont ask you dont get? " have to say many players use that tactic on the ptch these days. just part and parcel of the game

When will people listen, I've been saying it now for the last 3 seasons. Guildford BULLY and intimidate their opponents and the referee, they even hit referee's. I have mentioned before that a weak referee will bow down to this intimidation and tend to favour Guildford, its their ploy and if they get away with it then thats whats happens. I have seen Guildford on many occasions albeit not at The Spectrum, they are always the same, cocky, arrogant but in a funny sort of way thats not a bad thing but done it a respectful manner. I agree the same goes for their bench/manager thats where the players get it from. This sounds like we are hounding Guildford but its the truth. Nevertheless, they are the best team I have seen this season but honestly, there is no room for the abuse given by their bench.

Guildford supporters will deny these accusations which is natural, but coming from a neutral I can only say what I see and voice my opinion. I think that if Guildford supporters are ''honest'' with themselves they would tend to agree, but they won't be......

Okay, thats Guildford, now let me tell you Camberley are no angels either. They are very similar as Guildford with the same bully, intimidation and play acting antics. I have also seen them a few times this season and their bench is also similar especially Barnard.

I am a believer that the team/players that go on the pitch act the same as their management manner.....BT?'s.

If BOTH teams/clubs wish to succeed in this manner so be it, there is nothing us supporters and ground-hoppers can do but voice their own opinons. I personally have no room for it but if it works and other teams are intimidated then they have themselves to blame.

In my opinion, the referee's officating Guildford and Camberley games need to be strong and experience one's.

Christ you sure do talk an absolute load of SH*T... no one cares for what you have to say 'Nice Guy'.... now bore me later.... Marmite and custard sandwiches all round...... :ph34r:

Do I ? Well in your mind maybe....... I don't mind if no-one cares, so I'll bore you more....sorry to take your Thunder Krooonnntzz ;) .

My dear Banshee..........its 'cos the truth hurts ! As I said Guildford supporters will obviously be in denial thats understandable if they don't want to be honest with themselves ... so are you saying that Guildford do not bully and intimidate teams including the referee by hounding him to get opponents sent off, let alone hitting a referee ? I ask, how many times do Guildford play against 10 men ?

Fet real with yourself Banshee.......

Do I ? Well in your mind maybe....... I don't mind if no-one cares, so I'll bore you more....sorry to take your Thunder Krooonnntzz ;) .

My dear Banshee..........its 'cos the truth hurts ! As I said Guildford supporters will obviously be in denial thats understandable if they don't want to be honest with themselves ... so are you saying that Guildford do not bully and intimidate teams including the referee by hounding him to get opponents sent off, let alone hitting a referee ? I ask, how many times do Guildford play against 10 men ?

Fet real with yourself Banshee.......

That's all you go on about.... the same old thing that had happened last season... and the player hasn't played for Guildford since.... it doesn't mean everyone is the same....so what is your problem? get over it, no one else mentions it as it's no longer relevant.... if you killed a radio, does that mean your whole family are a bunch of radio killers.. obviously not... put that brush away that you try to tarnish everyone with... and smile...

you go on like you've sen all the Guildford games this season... when you haven't!!! so what if other teams have players sent off... If it's deserved then that's no one's fault but the player in question.... and when your 4-0 up and the sweendogs are chanting.... it's only natural that the opposing team get frustrated.... :blink: que the beans....

As they say in Camberley..... if you don't like it you can always go to frimley Green. :boxing:

As they say in Camberley..... if you don't like it you can always go to frimley Green. :boxing:

Lol :)

Nice to see another club getting a large lump of stick for a change. Takes the heat of Windsor and Guernsey. What have you started now, Kroons ??

All academic, really, as their posters will all be on another forum next season. Who knows - They might even find a decent ground !

:bolt:

Nice to see another club getting a large lump of stick for a change. Takes the heat of Windsor and Guernsey. What have you started now, Kroons ??

All academic, really, as their posters will all be on another forum next season. Who knows - They might even find a decent ground !

Rumour has it BJR they may take Bookhams place at Meadowbank ? ;)

No Comment.

No Comment.

I seem to recall Guildford City moved out of Guildford Borough once before in 1974. I think they merged with another club but it all went pear-shaped because nobody from Guildford would go and watch them. Now who was it they merged with - my old memory is failing me. Come on BJR, help me out here. ;)

Edited by Jakesfanclub

No secret Jake, it's common knowledge - It was Dorking.

GF was inferring, (another rumour, no less), that MVSCR might be coming to Meadowbank.

It's known that Bookham are pulling out of the CCL next season and returning to Chrystie Road in another League. As far as DFC's plans are concerned for 2012/2013, NOTHING has been set in stone as yet.

HENCE - NO COMMENT !

Fingers he said DECENT GROUND.