Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley v Guildford - 13th March

Nice to see another club getting a large lump of stick for a change. Takes the heat of Windsor and Guernsey. What have you started now, Kroons ??

All academic, really, as their posters will all be on another forum next season. Who knows - They might even find a decent ground !

:bolt:

Rumour has it BJR they may take Bookhams place at Meadowbank ? ;)

Fingers he said DECENT GROUND.

Isn't Meadowbank decent then Smudge? :evil:

Message from "willheavey" on the Guildford City FC Forum:

Ok so Corey got stamped on twice I have two broken toes from a studs up challenge and jack is lucky not to have a severe head injury. Yet the main talk is about how we moan at the ref. phahaha the ref last night we have had before and I have personally thought he was a good ref , last night I dont think his assistants helped him and yes we are vocal we do appeal. But that is part of the game. Camberly are a good side and we knew it was going to be a hard fought contest and that's what it was. On the pitch which is where it happens there was good communication from each set of players mainly friendly banter even in heated moments. We are the best footballing side (in my opinion) mainly cos we can adapt our game to all circumstances. Pitch quality, physical game, fast pace slow pace , it's a shame we have had to try and win this league twice as it was such an achievement and means so much to our side. Last year we was not worthy of wearing Guildford city shirts because we didn't all live in Guildford, now the attention is drawn to our apparent bully tactics its pathetic, Well as far as I'm concerned each and every man on that pitch is greatful to have a club to play at where we don't just play as a team we play like a family with 100% commitment to our team and the loyal fans that we have.everyone seems to have something to say about us bad ground bad attitude arrogant well we as a team never moan or comment on negatives we always make our opponents welcome and always shake hands and every game to us is a cup final. I can speak for our team manager and hopefully our supporters ( friends) when I say we are a team that enjoy the sport all aspects of it the competition the banter some times the bloody battles on the pitch but mainly we enjoy listening to other supporters and players be so negative because if it was all positive then we would be a bottom table team because it seems to me that the combined counties fans forum is like the great British press we only ever get behind our sporting achievers if they are failing . Well done camberley I can honestly say it was a good game to be involved in last night a real mans game and I wish them every success next year as I think they are a good squad. And thank you to kev roley and my boys for giving me a great season of enjoyable football. Even our mouthy goal keeper mr hall

Good Post and well thought out but I do disagree with some of the things said. People do acknowledge that Guildford are the best team and I dont think anyone doubts that. They have been for the past 2 1/2 years and too win a league 2 years on the trot, considering the enormous disappointment of last season, shows not only skll but also hard work and determination. Not in doubt. for me I had no problem with the tackles that were flying in and yes from both sides as well. It was, for the one game I witnessed on Tuesday, the way the players conducted themselves on the pitch. And in my opinion they have no reason to do it because they beat sides by being better than them. They were the better side on Tuesday and for 25 minutes we couldnt get out of our box let alone half !!! They didnt need to do anything else.

When Guildford finally have the league confirmed I will be on the thread congratulating them for being the best team again.

Ok so Corey got stamped on twice I have two broken toes from a studs up challenge and jack is lucky not to have a severe head injury. Yet the main talk is about how we moan at the ref. phahaha the ref last night we have had before and I have personally thought he was a good ref , last night I dont think his assistants helped him and yes we are vocal we do appeal. But that is part of the game. Camberly are a good side and we knew it was going to be a hard fought contest and that's what it was. On the pitch which is where it happens there was good communication from each set of players mainly friendly banter even in heated moments. We are the best footballing side (in my opinion) mainly cos we can adapt our game to all circumstances. Pitch quality, physical game, fast pace slow pace , it's a shame we have had to try and win this league twice as it was such an achievement and means so much to our side. Last year we was not worthy of wearing Guildford city shirts because we didn't all live in Guildford, now the attention is drawn to our apparent bully tactics its pathetic, Well as far as I'm concerned each and every man on that pitch is greatful to have a club to play at where we don't just play as a team we play like a family with 100% commitment to our team and the loyal fans that we have.everyone seems to have something to say about us bad ground bad attitude arrogant well we as a team never moan or comment on negatives we always make our opponents welcome and always shake hands and every game to us is a cup final. I can speak for our team manager and hopefully our supporters ( friends) when I say we are a team that enjoy the sport all aspects of it the competition the banter some times the bloody battles on the pitch but mainly we enjoy listening to other supporters and players be so negative because if it was all positive then we would be a bottom table team because it seems to me that the combined counties fans forum is like the great British press we only ever get behind our sporting achievers if they are failing . Well done camberley I can honestly say it was a good game to be involved in last night a real mans game and I wish them every success next year as I think they are a good squad. And thank you to kev roley and my boys for giving me a great season of enjoyable football. Even our mouthy goal keeper mr hall

Being a player you will be bias towards to club that is natural and understandable. I have quoted on this forum that Guildford are the best team I have seen this season and deserve to be where they are in the league. But, are you saying that you do not bully and intimidate both players and more concerning the referee.....? Good tactics ? Clever tactics ? Every decision Guildford players rally round and hound the referee to get players sent off, even your keeper runs half the length of the pitch. EVERY game Guildford players do this and over the last 2 seasons I've seen them play 7-8 times...... perhaps this just happens when I watch Guildford all the other times they are saints ?.

I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. It clearly works and good luck to Guildford its just annoying you don't admit what you do or just in denial. Its not just Guildford who do this, Camberley are the same, talk about get on the referee's back moan, moan, moan. Its taken advantage of a weak referee and again is that good, clever tactics I ask ? It seems to work tho' !

There you go clubs the way forward to win the CCL next season !

Edited by NICE GUY

Being a player you will be bias towards to club that is natural and understandable. I have quoted on this forum that Guildford are the best team I have seen this season and deserve to be where they are in the league. But, are you saying that you do not bully and intimidate both players and more concerning the referee.....? Good tactics ? Clever tactics ? Every decision Guildford players rally round and hound the referee to get players sent off, even your keeper runs half the length of the pitch. EVERY game Guildford players do this and over the last 2 seasons I've seen them play 7-8 times...... perhaps this just happens when I watch Guildford all the other times they are saints ?.

I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. It clearly works and good luck to Guildford its just annoying you don't admit what you do or just in denial. Its not just Guildford who do this, Camberley are the same, talk about get on the referee's back moan, moan, moan. Its taken advantage of a weak referee and again is that good, clever tactics I ask ? It seems to work tho' !

How many times have you seen Guildford this season NG, and who against. I'm sure you will have records of all the matches you go to - come on, tell us. Every decision, every game - did you read Guildford Sweeney's post?

How many times have you seen Guildford this season NG, and who against. I'm sure you will have records of all the matches you go to - come on, tell us. Every decision, every game - did you read Guildford Sweeney's post?

Yeah I have Jakes especially the last sentance.......lol !

NG's right re Guildford hounding the officials.

Why wasn't TRS at this game?

Guildford are trying to paint themselves as victims on here. All this crap about not being proteceted by the ref and our stamps. What was the yellow card score? 4-1 to Guildford I think. The ref handled the game well but, if he'd slightly bigger balls Guildford would have had four reds rather than yellows. The previous night I was at a youth game and the ref (a CCL ref) sent off a Horley under 18 player for mouth. Guildford's antics were a lot worse on Tuesday.

I don't mind meaty challenges, we can take them as well as give them, but as Kroons has said, the difference is our players don't roll on the floor or play dead and and our players don't (generally) surround the ref constantly.

If you lot at Guildford are happy with your players then fair play but, as I said, talking at half time to a City fan, he was honest about some of the people the club employ. I don't know if he's a poster on here and I won't say which player(s) he was talking about but, deep down, the fans know. Hopefully when they're in the Southern League they'll get rid of their current crop of players and start again.

When Merstham, North Greenford, Bedfont Green and Chertsey had their promotion seasons, noe of them were as bad as Guildford on the pitch, in fact most of them were good, honest players.

Edited by VPCTFC

Once again you fail to answer when a direct question is put to you - how many times have you seen Guildford play this season, and who against?

Guildford are trying to paint themselves as victims on here. All this crap about not being proteceted by the ref and our stamps. What was the yellow card score? 4-1 to Guildford I think. The ref handled the game well but, if he'd slightly bigger balls Guildford would have had four reds rather than yellows. The previous night I was at a youth game and the ref (a CCL ref) sent off a Horley under 18 player for mouth. Guildford's antics were a lot worse on Tuesday.

I don't mind meaty challenges, we can take them as well as give them, but as Kroons has said, the difference is our players don't roll on the floor or play dead and and our players don't (generally) surround the ref constantly.

If you lot at Guildford are happy with your players then fair play but, as I said, talking at half time to a City fan, he was honest about some of the people the club employ. I don't know if he's a poster on here and I won't say which player(s) he was talking about but, deep down, the fans know. Hopefully when they're in the Southern League they'll get rid of their current crop of players and start again.

When Merstham, North Greenford, Bedfont Green and Chertsey had their promotion seasons, noe of them were as bad as Guildford on the pitch, in fact most of them were good, honest players.

Unfortunately VPCTFC, the tone was set from the first minute when our left back was stamped on, the stud marks being there to prove it, and the ref took no action. Not long after our right back was caught by a studs up challenge and, agin the ref took no action. The players were not prepared to just sit back and let that keep happening, so it's hardly surprisng that they got on the referees case. I'm not condoning their actions but I'm sure if I had been out on the pitch I would most likely have reacted in a similar fashion. I really cannot recall them reacting like that in any other game this season.

As for getting rid of them next season, no chance. Those players won the league last season and, for reasons beyond their control they were denied promotion. They could have walked away but they decided en masse to stick with the Club and give it another go. That's what Will Heavey meant about GCFC being like a family. If we go up, those same players will be with us.

Where I thought Guildford were extremely clever was their ability to take the pace out of the game when they needed to and to then step it up. A very difficult attribute even at the highest levels. What I will be following next season with interest is how the match officials at a higher level will deal with being hounded at every decision.

What has irritated me the most this season, and I include Windsor in this, is the general lack of respect shown to match officials throughout games. The vast majority of us are watching our teams through rose tinted glasses and are happy to focus on indiscretions by the opposition yet turn a blind eye to similar behaviour from our own benches and players, and yes- even our own supporters. It seems to me that this season has been nothing short of a whingefest. There have been some cracking games of football this season. Some wonderful passages of play; great saves and great goals. Yet there is always this fiinger pointing and general blame culture.

I applaud Guildford City on their achievements so far this season. To reach this stage with only suffering 2 defeats is more than impressive and, considering that they only require 4 more wins to clinch the title, I hope that they go on next season and prove that the CCL is a really good league to win.

Once again you fail to answer when a direct question is put to you - how many times have you seen Guildford play this season, and who against?

Unless I can't read English properly, doesn't that answer one of your questions you asked, before you even put it to NG??

Unfortunately VPCTFC, the tone was set from the first minute when our left back was stamped on, the stud marks being there to prove it, and the ref took no action. Not long after our right back was caught by a studs up challenge and, agin the ref took no action. The players were not prepared to just sit back and let that keep happening, so it's hardly surprisng that they got on the referees case. I'm not condoning their actions but I'm sure if I had been out on the pitch I would most likely have reacted in a similar fashion. I really cannot recall them reacting like that in any other game this season.

As for getting rid of them next season, no chance. Those players won the league last season and, for reasons beyond their control they were denied promotion. They could have walked away but they decided en masse to stick with the Club and give it another go. That's what Will Heavey meant about GCFC being like a family. If we go up, those same players will be with us.

So no naughty challenges from Guildford then Jake ? You have a pop at NG for avoiding the subject but you do much the same. When I played if there was a naughty challenge then there may be one or two given back that is what I am sure the post on your forum was about. Nice hard game. These nasty challenges from Camberley resulted in how many of your players being injured and able to carry on. None of them despite the rolling around and general play acting added to with the hounding of the referee led in the most by your captain and goalkeeper. As I mentioned earlier Elvis made a late nasty challenge on one of our players. Free kick given, player got straight up and not one of our players surronded the referee demanding action. That for me was the difference. I can only reitereate again that Guildford deserved their win, played the better football, won a huge amount of 2nd ball, looked very fit and put in hard challenges along with 2 or 3 naughty ones. No problem with any of that. It was interesting what Sweeney put earlier. It was the worst you guys had been for the antics for a long time. I was commenting on this game and not a general view of the season.

So no naughty challenges from Guildford then Jake ? You have a pop at NG for avoiding the subject but you do much the same. When I played if there was a naughty challenge then there may be one or two given back that is what I am sure the post on your forum was about. Nice hard game. These nasty challenges from Camberley resulted in how many of your players being injured and able to carry on. None of them despite the rolling around and general play acting added to with the hounding of the referee led in the most by your captain and goalkeeper. As I mentioned earlier Elvis made a late nasty challenge on one of our players. Free kick given, player got straight up and not one of our players surronded the referee demanding action. That for me was the difference. I can only reitereate again that Guildford deserved their win, played the better football, won a huge amount of 2nd ball, looked very fit and put in hard challenges along with 2 or 3 naughty ones. No problem with any of that. It was interesting what Sweeney put earlier. It was the worst you guys had been for the antics for a long time. I was commenting on this game and not a general view of the season.

I will reiterate my point that if the referee had made a caution or two from those early challenges, as he did with Elvis' first foul, then you would not have seen the haranguing that you did. And based on one game and not a general view of the season you say "good riddance" to us. We really, really, despite the rubbish that NG spouts, are not that bad - honest!