Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Predictions 2012-2013

Rhodes you know nether CB or SR so pipe down. I know CB has spoken to your boyfriend on many occasions during the closet season and a return this one was always a possibility. The fact is there is a mutual admiration between player and Manager and if he gets himself training and fit he will figure strongly in Craig's plans. However the Ampthill squad is blessed with a lot of good strikers so competition will be fierce. There are no lines to read between Rhodes,. CB lets people know exactly where they stand so if SR is invited to train he is wanted.

I just get the impression Stuart Reynolds likes an arm around his shoulder from time to time that's all and Craig Bicknell isn’t that sort of Coach, he’s a man’s man isn’t he

I just get the impression Stuart Reynolds likes an arm around his shoulder from time to time that's all and Craig Bicknell isn’t that sort of Coach, he’s a man’s man isn’t he

So you have witnessed this? You know and speak to both men? What knowledge is this based on "out of interest"?

CB is very much the person to put an arm round a player if he needs it Rhodes. And very much one to put one round their throat if that's necessary too. Any good manager recognises that both are needed from time to time. I personally think SR is very much his own man and plays where he wants as history bears out. Suggesting he doesn't need pampering just a club that he enjoys playing at.

As Winslow boy says you know neither men. When will you start commenting on things you know not guessing, assuming and goading. Be informative interesting or amusing. You are just vindictive, jealous ,spiteful and childish. Is this how you want to be perceived by others? I'm sure you don't and are a decent man at heart so stop winding everyone up and make informed comments or opinions like everyone else.

It will be interesting to know what makes Stuart Reynolds tick as he seems quite a comlpex charater, he could easily be Matt Le Tissier in disguise couldn't he with similar sublime natural skills and a one Club man who bleeds yellow and blue

Edited by Rhodes

We had two of the most potent goals scorers in the league

last season and we didn't go up. Just because we have signed Ryan Redford, Ben Andreos and Dean Barker, doesn't guarentee a thing.

You all know better than that.

It guarantees goals Jonno....goals win matches, winning matches wins promotion...your tea bar must have done very well last season :)

I can't agree mate, it guarantees nothing. And it certainly doesn't guarentee clean sheets either. No good scoring 5 if you concede 6!

70k I wish where do u people get this info from cracks me up

It would appear that Smelly nuts is obsessed with what DTFC do rather than worrying about his own club, I can assure you that our budget is nothing near 70k and I wish it was but your are so far off the mark. I hear you have a healthier budget this season but it's none of my business or anybody else's as we agreed if your not sure than give me a call.

Mad Dog, obsessed with "DTFC", never heard of them, though would you say continously going after one teams players year in year out, (to be fare only 8 this year), is being a shade obsessive, or is that called envy, maybe even spiteful, or should I take it as a compliment?. AFC budget, yep nothing to hide there and already announced on this forum last week. And yes it can only be "healthier" than the zero budget we have run with up till now. If you have nothing to do next week come and watch us down Creasey Park playing Luton Town first team, they wanted to play us first, something about being the premier club in Dunstable with a far greater club infrastrucure etc :rolleyes:

70k I wish where do u people get this info from cracks me up

It would appear that Smelly nuts is obsessed with what DTFC do rather than worrying about his own club, I can assure you that our budget is nothing near 70k and I wish it was but your are so far off the mark. I hear you have a healthier budget this season but it's none of my business or anybody else's as we agreed if your not sure than give me a call.

Mad Dog, obsessed with "DTFC", never heard of them, though would you say continously going after one teams players year in year out, (to be fare only 8 this year), is being a shade obsessive, or is that called envy, maybe even spiteful, or should I take it as a compliment?. AFC budget, yep nothing to hide there and already announced on this forum last week. And yes it can only be "healthier" than the zero budget we have run with up till now. If you have nothing to do next week come and watch us down Creasey Park playing Luton Town first team, they wanted to play us first, something about being the premier club in Dunstable with a far greater club infrastrucure etc :rolleyes:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Butts I will be there to watch the game as it's good to see that both clubs are doing Dunstable proud.

I am not interested in who is the better team just making sure that we both reach the goals of the required infrastructure to make sure That the people of Dunstable get full usage of the football foundation. AFC have been recognised as the future of the youth and Town the future of Senior football and I believe that's what we should strive for rather than getting into personal battles and a them and us situation.

As for me signing your players it's fair game for EVERYONE to approach players just look at Berko who must be gutted that you have signed three of their players, look at Hemel who attacked our squad it happens did you not sign three of my players last season. It's non league football mate, historically AFC, Od,s always signed players from Dunstable Town I believe you had five maybe more from the previous season.

Let's not bother with a war of words let's just make sure we reach the goals of the football foundation and drive towards giving the people of Dunstable the best football infrastructure in Bedfordshire.

not sure how that works. a one club man who has played for New Bradwell, Newport, Buckingham Town, Ampthill & Cranfield and possibly a few others. But as you are good mates you know all his playing records eh rhodes

Yes but Stuart always returned to Ampthill Park like a homing pigeon didn't he after a very short period of time with those Club's you mentioned

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Butts I will be there to watch the game as it's good to see that both clubs are doing Dunstable proud.

I am not interested in who is the better team just making sure that we both reach the goals of the required infrastructure to make sure That the people of Dunstable get full usage of the football foundation. AFC have been recognised as the future of the youth and Town the future of Senior football and I believe that's what we should strive for rather than getting into personal battles and a them and us situation.

As for me signing your players it's fair game for EVERYONE to approach players just look at Berko who must be gutted that you have signed three of their players, look at Hemel who attacked our squad it happens did you not sign three of my players last season. It's non league football mate, historically AFC, Od,s always signed players from Dunstable Town I believe you had five maybe more from the previous season.

Let's not bother with a war of words let's just make sure we reach the goals of the football foundation and drive towards giving the people of Dunstable the best football infrastructure in Bedfordshire.

Mad Dog, I only responded to your suggestion I was obsessed by DTFC, and there is no harm in adding a bit of banter particularly to see if I could get a little nibble...f##k me, I didn't expect a rabid shark followed by "War & Peace". I could bore everyone with a reply to your economically with the truth response, but I am happy to let mad sleeping dogs lie and go along with your admirable proposal of pushing our clubs forward. Take it easy pal...Butts

As an outsider looking in at the dunstable/ afc on going war of words , i think you should both be f...kin gratefull that you have been handed a superb facility at minimal cost to yourselves , the rest of us can only dream about what you have got over there and personally i find it irritating that both clubs particularly Dunstable town , have big budgets to wave around when you have been handed what you hve without having to pay for it yourselves , most clubs at our level are struggling with changing rooms and clubhouses that need constant maintenance and repair, both afc and dunstable have teams full of good players just get on and do what your both good at!!

As an outsider looking in at the dunstable/ afc on going war of words , i think you should both be f...kin gratefull that you have been handed a superb facility at minimal cost to yourselves , the rest of us can only dream about what you have got over there and personally i find it irritating that both clubs particularly Dunstable town , have big budgets to wave around when you have been handed what you hve without having to pay for it yourselves , most clubs at our level are struggling with changing rooms and clubhouses that need constant maintenance and repair, both afc and dunstable have teams full of good players just get on and do what your both good at!!

fare points Patrick, but firstly I think we at AFC ARE grateful for the facility given that 3 years ago we were playing on a park pitch, and given that AFC also pay 75 squid per game with no bar takings then we are hardly flush with the dosh. However we have for the first season got ourselves a small budget and this leaves us for the first time in a privileged position compared to many near neighbours, and gives us a fighting chance of retaining players. Again something to be grateful for.