Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 14th Friendlies

One good thing about the Combined Counties Division 1, over many others at that level, is that it's gaining teams and retaining them.

The Hellenic Division 1 West and East are rapidly losing teams, and rumour is that if they don't get more applicants by December 31st the East and West teams will be forced to merge. That could mean that Lydney Town (for example) have to travel across to London to play Rayners Lane!

On a personal level, I do think (personally) that 18 is too low a number for a Step 6 League (especially when the Western has 21 teams in Division 1 and West Midlands Premier has 22).

One good thing about the Combined Counties Division 1, over many others at that level, is that it's gaining teams and retaining them.

The Hellenic Division 1 West and East are rapidly losing teams, and rumour is that if they don't get more applicants by December 31st the East and West teams will be forced to merge. That could mean that Lydney Town (for example) have to travel across to London to play Rayners Lane!

On a personal level, I do think (personally) that 18 is too low a number for a Step 6 League (especially when the Western has 21 teams in Division 1 and West Midlands Premier has 22).

I think it's a joke having reserve teams in the leagues so I hope they will cut the chaff and merge them.

I agree Bomaya, the Wiltshire League (Step 7) is worse though!

The trouble is most Step 7 sides over here haven't got a) the facilities or B) the money to go up. Tuffley wanted promotion, but Cribbs FC were moved up instead. It wouldn't have killed them to have moved Tuffley up, as well as they finished 3rd, but I guess football politics dictated otherwise (the Hellenic wanted to take them but Gloucester County said no, as they'd already applied to the Western League who in turn said no as they only wanted 20 teams in Division 1).

The thing then is if the Hellenic at Step 6 becomes one league, it'll be far too big, and you might find that a lot of clubs are swapped over in order to balance it out.

Are they the rubbish cups that you won in your glory years Duncs, that your on about.

So what shite have I said Jurassic Duncs.

They are the cups the clubs I managed entered its not up to me which cups a team goes in for however its very easy to diss them but a lot harder to win,Isuppose Knaphill gonna win the vase and the F.A. cup if the other cups are beneath them I am beginging to doubt your football sanity you need to get real

Were not in the F.A.Cup Duncs, Shame as I thought we had a good chance of winning it. ;-)

What Knaphill not in the F,A. cup that leaves the door wide open for somebody else to win it,now when you have a spat with me in future don't resort to calling me silly names it makes you look so immature imo its best to have a dissagreement and argue it out properly we are all men and can take the critisism its not that bad