Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pompey

Savagebee

Word is that they might not start the season, and that League 1 will run with 23 teams.

Gaydamak, Chanrai and all the rest should hang their heads in shame.

Does anybody think they'll survive, or will they have to reform as 'Portsmouth Town FC' in 2013/14 and play at Havant?

Does anybody think they'll survive, or will they have to reform as 'Portsmouth Town FC' in 2013/14 and play at Havant?

Apart from the Pompey faithful does anyone really care if they fold. If a few of the so called big clubs do go under it just might make the rest of football see sense and get their own houses in order, which would be a good thing IMO.

Missunderstood,

You forget that it's the fans who will suffer the most. They're the innocent party in this sad affair, and they surely should not see their club go to the gallows because it was run by people not fit enough to run a bath never mind a football club.

I'm 26, and already I've seen a number of sides go under in my time on Planet Earth - Merthyr Tydfil, Chester, Darlington, Gresley Rovers, Aldershot, Newport County, Rushden & Diamonds, Scarborough, Wimbledon, Farnborough, Nuneaton Borough and Paget Rangers to name but a few.

It is wrong that any club should suffer because they are run by morons and halfwits who are more interested in money and status than the club and its history, and I sincerely hope that the FA puts more safeguards in to prevent a repeat of Portsmouth and Rangers.

You are right when you say that Football needs to get its act together - we should start by ousting a few of the dullards in suits including Blatter and Platini.

Sorry at what point did Portsmouth fans become innocent. they were all there when Redknapp was spending money they didnt have and were quite happy winning the cup and ramming it down peoples throats. When you take the success there can be no pity when the fall inevitably comes.

Replace the name Portsmouth with Leeds, Rangers etc etc

Garbage,why shouldn't the fans of clubs celebrate their success with a bit of gloating.

The fans don't know that the clubs are being run poorly,most fans just assume that clubs are being run by wealthy individuals,fans on the whole don't know how much revenue comes into the club,how much goes out and how rich the investors are.

As for missunderstood saying that no one apart from the fans of pompey care,shows how out of touch he is as most fans I speak to on social network sites think its a shame

I know plenty of Southampton fans who don't want Portsmouth to go out of business.

Sadly, it looks like there is no alternative. They are down to four players, and that could be two on Monday as Kanu is supposedly heading to Charlton and Lawrence is a long-term target for Cardiff and could sign for them on Monday.

Garbage,why shouldn't the fans of clubs celebrate their success with a bit of gloating.

The Hornchurch fans didn't know that the club was being run poorly,most fans just assumed that the club was being run by a wealthy individual,fans on the whole don't know how much revenue comes into the club,how much goes out and how rich the investors are.

The fans don't know that the clubs are being run poorly,most fans just assume that clubs are being run by wealthy individuals,fans on the whole don't know how much revenue comes into the club,how much goes out and how rich the investors are.

As for missunderstood saying that no one apart from the fans of pompey care,shows how out of touch he is as most fans I speak to on social network sites think its a shame

I dont disagree with the fact fans should celebrate EU but it doesnt take much to realise they were paying way beyond their means really was it. they along with plenty of other clubs have rejoiced at success while ripping off HMRC (us) and other small suppliers who will probably go out of business. so when this time does come I dont have sympathy with the fans. You live by the sword you die by the sword. No sympathy required. It isnt exactly like they are the first is it so the writing was on the wall and I reckon 99% of Portsmouth fans knew it

Not so sure,rich owners come in and fans have no idea what their personal fortune is.The governing bodies are the real villains as they don't bother to regulate the industry and have allowed things to get out of hand to allow for their own greed

They were hopelessly shown up during the Notts. County MUNTO Fiasco.

If the FA cannot protect football clubs in this country (big and small) from those with less than honorable intentions, then they really have no purpose.

They were hopelessly shown up during the Notts. County MUNTO Fiasco.

If the FA cannot protect football clubs in this country (big and small) from those with less than honorable intentions, then they really have no purpose.

Totally agree with this - It's the football club and it's staff and supporters that have to try to pick up the pieces - and the club's reputation is then tarnished for years while the real culprits walk away unscathed. The FA just seem to sit and watch and do nothing on a lot of occasions when they should stop it from happening. The salaries of the players are also getting out of control as well (I don't mean just the top ones, it's the players below them who think the are worth £30k+ a week when they are very average players).

Not so sure,rich owners come in and fans have no idea what their personal fortune is.The governing bodies are the real villains as they don't bother to regulate the industry and have allowed things to get out of hand to allow for their own greed

I think we will have to agree to disagree. You are right re owners fortunes but if you know you club is getting monster stars in like Kanu on 20,000 crowds it doesnt take a genius to work out it will end in tears.

But it doesn't always end in tears.

As a fan you are probably sceptical but you hope everything is above board.Yes sometimes it isn't but sometimes it is,look at wigan as an example.

Fans will rightly celebrate their success' when they come and some will gloat but it doesn't mean they deserve it when their club goes bust and reforms under another guise,no fan would want that.This is where the authorities are totally to blame for not ensuring the safety financial wise of all our clubs

The authorities that run football should scrutinise properly audited accounts every season and any club in dept should then be told that they will not be allowed to spend more than 50% of income on wages or transfer fees until all debts are repaid in full. This should also include newco clubs who should be responsible for the original clubs debts.

The authorities that run football should scrutinise properly audited accounts every season and any club in dept should then be told that they will not be allowed to spend more than 50% of income on wages or transfer fees until all debts are repaid in full. This should also include newco clubs who should be responsible for the original clubs debts.

To be honest, I think that some clubs are just doomed to go out of existence - They just haven't got enough support or interest. As unfortunate as it is, it happens. We've seen crowds drop in football generally throughout the country in recent years. I wouldn't be surprised to see more clubs go under - not because they are badly run and/or have someone at the top ripping them off, it's just impossible to meet the working costs of the club with the revenue that they can generate. I know how hard the volunteers work at Hornchurch and how much time and effort is made from the chairman down to control costs and to pay back the debts - but it's a struggle for them.

Looks like Cardiff City might be next for the chop - losing £1.2m a month, fans p-d off at the owners and their biggest creditor (Scam Hammam) refusing to deal with the owners.....

Archived