Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 11th August - Fixtures, Results

Won convincingly today, against a very average Stony team. They will struggle this year, as we couldn't get out of second gear and still won 5-0

Did they have big unit up front? He was excellent for Bletchley last season against us

both forwards were hauled off, after not really making any inroads. They tried to play football, and panicked when pressed. They would have been better for playing to their strengths and using the height of their forwards.

Agree he was almost unplayable when the ball was played long and direct to him did you play Dom?

How tall is this dude then ?

Anyone know who the tallest player in the SSML is ?

Lee Jones got to be 6'3" but also built like a brick $hit house

6.3 really

Won convincingly today, against a very average Stony team. They will struggle this year, as we couldn't get out of second gear and still won 5-0

Did they have big unit up front? He was excellent for Bletchley last season against us

both forwards were hauled off, after not really making any inroads. They tried to play football, and panicked when pressed. They would have been better for playing to their strengths and using the height of their forwards.

Agree he was almost unplayable when the ball was played long and direct to him did you play Dom?

6.3 really

I'm 6'1" and thought he was taller than me.

6.3 really

na hes 5.10 and 10 stone

6.3 really

na hes 5.10 and 10 stone

Ha I must be thinking of someone else totally then cos I'm a big lad and guy I'm thinking on is bigger than I am

No, not Saturday, i was on the Bench, i do hope to play Tuesday against my old team Cockfosters. But i did get a good view of the game.

Domcassells - I'm amazed you're still here to tell the tale. Not taking anything away from your emphatic win but Stony Stratford must have a really poor side this season.

Looking forward to going to see how ampthill get on tommorrow against afc dunstable

I can't see Ampthill Town progressing can you

Spot on for once Rhodes. Was a close game for an hour but Ampthill's heads seemed to drop once we went 2-1 up. Looking from a distance, Ampthill should be OK in the Prem, might need a bit more pace in the centre of defence though.

Ampthill are decent all round, the gaffer has them fired up for the Prem campaign. They cause problems going forward with plenty of movement and will do well in the Prem once they settle in and get use to improved fitness, movement and the slightly higher tempo. They face a tough game v title favorites Dunce Toon tomorrow though, and I believe will need to be set up more defensively and/or pack the midfield in that game to stand any chance. Good luck gaffer, Saturdays game slightly flattered us, but you have nothing to fear this season.

F.A. CUP (With Budweiser) Extra Preliminary Round

1-3 Haringey Borough v AFC Kempston Rovers

It's business as usual then for Haringey Borough:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=853956&conf=&div=

Domcassells - I'm amazed you're still here to tell the tale. Not taking anything away from your emphatic win but Stony Stratford must have a really poor side this season.

Amazed why?? Having played them at the back end of last year, i think they aren't as good as then, but who can really judge any team victor or loser after just 1 game.

F.A. CUP (With Budweiser) Extra Preliminary Round

1-3 Haringey Borough v AFC Kempston Rovers

http://www.haringeyb...53956&conf==

Excuse me if I may but you are wrong.

"Business as usual" these days is a win not a loss. A cursory glance at last seasons games will tell you that and I presume as an avid HBFC fan that you will be hoping for a return to "Business as usual " posthaste?

For the record good even game could have gone either way, it wasn't to be and you know it's not your day when you hit the underside of the bar twice in 5 seconds and then the oppo go up the other end and score !!

Nice bunch of people who were very understanding given the current state of the ground . Good luck in the next round

Amazed why?? Having played them at the back end of last year, i think they aren't as good as then, but who can really judge any team victor or loser after just 1 game.

Southall still had to get past 11 men to score 5 goals and could it not just be that Southall played well.

Match highlights of the London Lions game versus Clapton. It was a really impressive performance from the Lions in particular Sam Sloma (number 9 - ex Dag and Red/Wingate and Finchley) and Josh Kennet (number 7) who started as a youth with Millwall and Spurs and appeared in the football league with Oxford United. His touch, passing, awareness and all round play shows in my opinion he could play at a much higher level. Oxhey Jets beware in the next round???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YfN4dbdau0&feature=youtu.be

Check out the cold end for more of a report and some more pictures

Edited by thecoldend

Match highlights of the London Lions game versus Clapton. It was a really impressive performance from the Lions in particular Sam Sloma (number 9 - ex Dag and Red/Wingate and Finchley) and Josh Kennet (number 7) who started as a youth with Millwall and Spurs and appeared in the football league with Oxford United. His touch, passing, awareness and all round play shows in my opinion he could play at a much higher level. Oxhey Jets beware in the next round???

Great filming as always Mr Coldend please come and film a Hanwell town game this season also your website is class thumbsup.gif

http://www.haringeyb...53956&conf==

What I meant was that it's back to the bad old days when the Club never got past the Extra Preliminary Round

Actually when we played in Div 1 always found London Lions are a decent side. Saying that though, found sides from the EPL pretty weak. League not very strong. Beat Barkingside in the Vase 3 years ago 6-1 and Eton Manor in FA Cup last season.