Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Friday 31st August/Saturday 1st September

Bit of a shock result............

report taken from TK forum

F.A. VASE 1st Qual

FC ROMANIA (1) 3, Tring Athletic (0) 1

Played at Cheshunt FC

Attendance 92 (I counted 32 at kick-off!)

Admission; £3, programme £2 frown.gif (but £5 including prog is about the norm for this stage)

The first of my weekend F.A. Vase games and the first game in the Vase for FC Romania. The Middlesex County League side are ground sharing at Ryman League Cheshunt this season and making their debut in this competition.

Visitors were Tring Athletic from the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division Any idea of an easy passage were dispelled in the first half by the home side who more than matched the visitors and went in at half time with a 1-0 lead. Tring levelled very early in the second period and the game was very even but late in the game FC Romania took full advantage of their chances to establish a 3-1 lead. The reward for this famous victory will be a short away trip to Hoddesdon Town in the next round.

Not sure the lad Brady from afc Rushden and Diamonds good pedigree, Donaldson CB from Aylesbury a lot of them are young guys prob first time at this level. Couple who've come through youth R Freshwater only 16 rb formerly with Aston Villa and apparently due to join Luton academy but will stay with us also. Not sure really mate got a number of 7 dayers in. Have to wait and see

I guess it's a new team they don't know each other and very young need to get a result soon though otherwise their heads may drop. How many are left from last season?

I guess it's a new team they don't know each other and very young need to get a result soon though otherwise their heads may drop. How many are left from last season?

Danny Job and Paul Dearlove both young guys who haven't played this level yet but thy are defo capable

played 7 won 1 drawn 1 lost 5 let in 32 goals :232:

Ok well if the club dies anytime soon I'll have to accept you're right won't I? And if we struggle through and slowly improve this year and next and next then i guess we won't rip. we been through worse. Haven't denied any of the statistics that's there for all to see same as number of clubs who've struggled in this div over last few seasons and they're still going. However feel free to rub it in if that's your poison, I don't care really.

FA CARLSBERG VASE First Round Qualifying

3-1 Football Club Romania v Tring Athletic

A report on this shock from another Forum:

What a plonker, don't you bother to read the forum before you post. If you did you will see that this was posted seven posts up at 11.53am some 4 hours 52 minutes before you.

Edited by Karen Browne

DIVISION TWO

0-1 Tring Corinthians v Kent Athletic

A report on this affair from another Forum:

Tring Corinthians 0 Kent Athletic (0) 1 - SML div 2 - att - single figures. admission /prog No: tea 60p Cheesburger £2.20 recommended

A free kick led to a 90th minute winner after it looked like a stalemate between these two sides boasting 100% records coming into game.

A draw would have been a fair result.

Club own ground but currently has sparse spectator facilities and I watched from behind fence from neighbouring field, however a small lounge with hot food was decent.

Talking to an official whose job was to collect balls from said field he said that this field was owned by the club sponsors and if promotion looks likely he will sell/donate some to club to build a stand on although he also mentioned about possibly rotating the ground....

Not sure how likely all this is though...For now i'm glad i went on a sunny dry day..

GOAL: Bush Hill Rangers 0 Cranfield United 1 (1 min)

GOAL: Bush Hill Rangers 1 Cranfield United 1 (McLachlan 15 mins)

GOAL: Bush Hill Rangers 2 Cranfield United 1 (Thompson 33 mins)

HT: Bush Hill Rangers 2 Cranfield United 1

GOAL: Bush Hill Rangers 2 Cranfield United 2 (71 mins)

RED CARD: Cranfield United reduced to 10 men (87 mins)

FT: Bush Hill Rangers 2 Cranfield United 2 (ExtraTime to be played)

ET HT: Bush Hill Rangers 2 Cranfield United 2

RESULT: Bush Hill Rangers 2 Cranfield United 2 (Replay on Tuesday)

Edited by Karen Browne

cranfield united are a weak side this season...wheres there players gone :511: cockfosters beat em 8-1

Haven't heard about them losing players I do think Cockfosters are very strong this year. London Lions, Hoddesdon, Southall, Cockfosters, Harpenden and Kings Langley will all be far superior and will all dish out some severe beatings.

winslow are a very poor side went to watch bunch of kids sunday players 552.gif WINSLOW

Harsh.

Harsh.

Possibly fair lol based on recent results but we can only and will improve. But nothing is won, lost or decided at this stage of the season. Got to keep the faith eh SB?

Two quality signings coming your way i hear.....

I hope so I know we in for some but difficult to convince players until results get better and we need better players to get better result the old vicious circle. I'll be keeping fingers crossed and I know Perry always on look out.

Got to keep the faith eh SB?

Of course you do what else can you do you cant just jump ship if your team is losing you have got to stick in there, stick together and battle on to the end of the season look at us in the first half of last season we were getting battered in nearly every game but we got to the end of the season and stayed up.

Of course you do what else can you do you cant just jump ship if your team is losing you have got to stick in there, stick together and battle on to the end of the season look at us in the first half of last season we were getting battered in nearly every game but we got to the end of the season and stayed up.

Exactly mate and looking much better this season.