Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Egham

Geggy

Felt really sorry for the team tonight. Eleven v Eleven it was 2-2 with 35 minutes or so gone and I thought we showed a lot of promise with Ben outstanding up front - his two goals were superb. Then his sending off for hand ball killed us they scored the penalty then two more quickly after before half time. If we can put the defeat to one side and hopefully focus on the positives I think there's promise there. We mustn't forget this team has been put together in days. Keep going lads. Nice to see Ryan Ashe has stayed and Seeds and Will Dunlop back.

Agreed with all that.

I'm amazed every time I see Ben Harris how much he has improved - I'm sure scouts will be watching and I fear he won't be with us for long. He already looks better than Chennells and O'Toole. With experience he will go much further. A real star in the making.

Let's enjoy him while we've got him though.

But if you read this Ben, don't let it go to your head!!

Completely agree - going forward we looked dangerous and the egham defence were struggling, defensively unsurprisingly ragged as if the players had only just met, which they had - give them 5-6 games and the side will start to look pretty good.

Don't think we can challenge the title, but top half finish could be possible and who knows what else.

Shame that Ben will receiv a suspension as he really looks a good player, many defences this season will struggle to deal with him

Well done to thev mgmt team

Lots of positives from that performance, and well done to Mick and Gavin for getting a team together so quickly. The spirit was strong, although there were some very tired players out there by the end. Credit to Egham for making the most of it. It all changed when Ben went off, especially as he was captain and had scored a superb solo goal after weaving through a very shaky and uncertain Egham defence. Nevertheless, a good crowd around the 200 mark was excellent for a Monday night to see a new team, and it will get better as the weeks go by and the confidence grows.

If there was any doubt to how tough the next few weeks are going to be then tonight was proof of that!! We are going to have to come to terms that we will struggle short term some of these players are on a steep learning curve playing at this level. I dont want to come across as negative but this is the reality of the situation. Mick has got a difficult few weeks ahead bedding in a whole new team,getting some of them fitter and making sure we are tight as we can be at the back.

There are some positives the red card did change the game though! up to that point I thought we were just starting to edge the game 3 goals in five mins killed the game for us. Some players did impress that bodes well for the future, we looked good going forward Ben caused them alot of problems and took his goals well. Also the left back stood up to the challenge well and in that first part of the half before the red card he found alot of room and looked to support the attack.

So on to the next game I am sure there will be more players that will be signed before Saturday with abit more experience. Keep the faith COY Windsor!!

Despite the scoreline I actually enjoyed the game. It was great to see to bunch of youngsters given a go, and for 35 mins or so they gave Egham a torrid time. It was a shame we came up against one of those dastardly teams with a budget, but fair play to Egham they would have given the previous Windsor side a good game.

Harris looked excellent. He seemed to have been given a free role as he was everywhere. He seemed to play with an air of confidence (maybe because he didn’t have people constantly screaming at him from the dugout).

It was good to see Ashe start a game and great to see Seeds and Dunlop back in the red shirt.

Obviously the turning point was the penalty & red card, although the ref had no choice it was a shame as the game was warming up into a cracker.

There was lots of positives, I suppose we need to look at last night as the first game of pre-season, it’ll take a few weeks for everything to fall into place the players to gel and get the fitness levels up. However with one or two additions we have the makings of a really good and exiting team there. I’m looking forward to seeing this team progress.

Well done to everybody involved.

Have to agree about the screaming from the dugout. It was a nice change to watch the game from the seats withough hearing foul language, constant shouting and screaming and stupid acting with arms and hands. Im sure the younger players will start to flourish now as they will finally have a change to play regurlarly and also not get constantly bo***cked.

It might be a long transition, but i dont doubt it's the right thing to do. We can now see the club progress and improve, not just the CV of a management team.

Have to agree about the screaming from the dugout. It was a nice change to watch the game from the seats withough hearing foul language, constant shouting and screaming and stupid acting with arms and hands. Im sure the younger players will start to flourish now as they will finally have a change to play regurlarly and also not get constantly bo***cked.

It might be a long transition, but i dont doubt it's the right thing to do. We can now see the club progress and improve, not just the CV of a management team.

One of the yesterday's assistant referees who had done several matches here last season commented in the boardroom after the game that the behaviour from our bench was impeccable and it made a refreshing change to hear nothing but encouragement for our players throughout the game. He also said it was a relief not to suffer any personal abuse or trite comments such as he had received from our bench on previous visits !

Given the circumstances of yesterday's events it would almost be understandable had Mick and the bench team 'lost it' at some stage so I can only congratulate them on their exemplary behaviour and long may it continue.

Good to hear Sec,however did he complain on previous visits,about the abuse given by the Bench.Probably not,did you buy him another Beer?

Unfortunately Smudge I think they accept it nowadays as part of the job which of course is totally wrong in my view and, in all fairness to all match officals, whilst they're entitled to a complimentary drink and something to eat after games I've never known any of them to accept the offer of a second drink as they, to a man/woman, prefer to go into the main bar and buy their own which in itself is applaudable.

Comments above are welcoming, but I did tell you last season. All that wasted money gone to line other peoples pockets in an effort to get immediate promotion, but failed, so the chairman is wise and seen the light. The CLUB is the utmost important factor and if the team has to start from the beginning then so be it. This action should have been taken by the chairman last season..... walk before you can run !

The problem regarding the team is that they are young and got bashed up again yesterday ! Now this is where the management earn their worth 'cos these kids can easily be demoralised getting heavily beaten beat week after week, but Windsor did play 2 of the much fanicied teams in the Prem, So the management have to do their utmost to encourage, remain positive, ignore negatives (but not completely),and lift the kids spirit because losing can become a habit and these kids will get down and start to lose interest.

Now you Windsor supporters.... these kids need you just as much, so they should be applauded for every good thing each individual does. Its normal, well should be, that the management encourages from the bench but as a player, its nice to be hear the applause from the fans, I can even vouch for that, its nice to be accepted and respected by fans.

Good Luck for the season ! I will be along to watch a few games during the season, to see how much the kids improve, but what I saw on Monday against Egham was a lesson and to now know what levels have to be achieved to remain in the CCL Prem.

We know how to support our own team you utter plank.

Well, well, well. Roth the MOTH ! Sometimes the truth hurts !

Why am I not surpised at you comments above, I will treat then with the contempt they deserve. There was I giving goodwill comments to your club and your team of youngsters, and all you can do is come out with so much garbage you ignorant and ungrateful.......... (ie) Windsor supporter. You should be ashamed of yourself you naughty little boy !

Well if all Windsor supporters are like you I pity Windsor FC .......but fortunately I know they are not when previously visiting Stag Meadow. But I'm bigger and stronger than you MOTH (appropriate) so I will ignore them and allow yourself to be embarrassed amongst your fellow men where I am sure they look at you in good light..................NOT !

Archived