Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 29th September Fixtures, Results

Saturday 29th September

(Kick Off 3.00pm unless stated)

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

Risborough Rangers v Hanwell Town

A new gorund for me today biggrin.png

Im looking forward to it it should be a interesting game cool.png

Hope everyone enjoys whatever game they go to today monkey.gif

Risborough Rangers 0 Hanwell Town 6

A good day out at a nice club and a nice ground.

Six different goal scorers for us today i wonder when that last happend.

We rested players today and got the win, 6 goals and a clean sheet a job well done for me.

I hope Risborough Rangers FC go up this season.

Seriously WB you can't blame the management or the club as I still think the way you got promoted especially after losing the previous management and players was a little shite.

But that was then, this was now, a 10 and 2x9's conceded doesn't make good headlines, but witnessing it today and given you've got a young squad, do you believe you've enough in the tank to survive this season then build there on in after?

No blame at all this is the situation we are in. The squad is young we were missing Danny job, Ryan Freshwater, Alex Court and O'Grady who would have all started. We will ick up more players as season goes on. We did very well first 60 mins but heads and legs went and it became a no contest. I saw enough in first half to think if we can get our best players out on a reg basis we will have enough. Our back for today had only 1 true defender in it. The effort cannot be faulted we just concede goals in clusters mostly in the second half which I do feel makes things look worse than they truly are. It's hard for all involved but tw club is strong and if we can stay up we will get to where we want in the future. Not many clubs at this level have the structure, youth set up etc.. That we do and with the upcoming facility improvements hopefully we will get the team to

Match it. It's tough but so are we and we'll take it and carry on.

cockfosters 2-1winslow halftime not bad :feedback: what happen second half??

Could have been 2-2 a header a whisker away had keeper beaten all hands down. I said to their guys at half time that I thought we might run out of puff second half and they had plenty of pace and when you're struggling like we are it's easy to for heads to drop and we collapsed. Shame because first half we were right in it but I always feared they would get a few although not as many as they did. Done now. Move on take what positives we can.

We rested players today and got the win, 6 goals and a clean sheet a job well done for me.

well done boys keep it up,another win :hurray2:

A few prem clubs have been victims of Risboroigh in this competition over the past few seasons, so to go there today and win by what appears convincingly shows Hanwell are definatley vastly improved from last season.

Will agree SB, Risborough have a tidy little ground and a cracking bunch behind the scenes, would be nice to see them play at a higher level in seasons to come

well done boys keep it up,another win hurray2.gif

Yep onwards and upwards!

Ray and his team are doing a first class job.

The players did well today against a tough team who were up for this game. Once we got our 3rd goal it was game over. I enjoyed my first visit to Risborough Rangers FC a lovely little ground.

Could have been 2-2 a header a whisker away had keeper beaten all hands down. I said to their guys at half time that I thought we might run out of puff second half and they had plenty of pace and when you're struggling like we are it's easy to for heads to drop and we collapsed. Shame because first half we were right in it but I always feared they would get a few although not as many as they did. Done now. Move on take what positives we can.

good first half display then thumbup%20(2).gif how many protain get?

Risborough have a tidy little ground and a cracking bunch behind the scenes, would be nice to see them play at a higher level in seasons to come

Spot on i agree 100% thumbsup.gif

good first half display then thumbup%20(2).gif how many protain get?

Yeah did really well first half but it's a two half game lol and we got battered second half. 1 I think diving header open goal. Didn't do a great deal, certainly wasn't one of their stand out players today but he may just have been cruising in 2nd gear to be fair.

Yeah did really well first half but it's a two half game lol and we got battered second half. 1 I think diving header open goal. Didn't do a great deal, certainly wasn't one of their stand out players today but he may just have been cruising in 2nd gear to be fair.

he scored 1? what game was you watching i heard he scored a 2nd half hatrick :wacko:

PREMIER DIVISION

1-4 Tring Athletic v Oxhey Jets

A brief report on this one from another Forum, surprise comments about the catering at Cow Lane:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER

Tring Athletic 1-4 Oxhey Jets

Admission £5.00 Programme £1.00 Attendance - not given, but swelled in the second half as the reserves came back from their game

Catering - Ahem

For the last few seasons, Tring have been knocking on the doors of the Isthmian/Southern Leagues, but something seems to have gone a bit wrong (they're 17th) as the Jets blasted them away from the off. As if that wasn't bad enough, the Bovril was the most weak, insipid and tasteless I've ever had (those squeezy tubes are NOT a good idea) and someone needs a lesson on how to cut burger buns (across the middle, not just slice a bit off the top).

I've decided to go back on Tuesday night instead of going to Leverstock Green - hopefully normal service can be resumed.

PREMIER DIVISION

4-1 St Margaretsbury v Hatfield Town

A report on this one from another Forum:

St Margaretsbury 4 - 1 Hatfield Town

SSML Premier Div

Admission £7

Programme free with admission

An excellent first half began with a goal after only 1 minute for the hosts. They then dominated the game, creating several chances, but failing to increase their lead.

Town worked their way into the game, and for a short time threatened an equaliser. Bury's second on about 20 minutes put paid to that though, and the rest of the half saw them on top again, adding a third before half time. HT 3-0

The second half didn't really live up to the first, and was fairly average fare. A couple of minutes before the end Town pulled a goal back, but Bury restored their 3 goal advantage in injury time to win 4-1.

Fairly basic venue, but the main spectator areas are raised above pitch level, so give a good view of the game. Town were well supported with their goal probably raising the loudest cheer of the afternoon.

cockfosters 2-1winslow halftime not bad :feedback: what happen second half??

If the first half had been like the second it could have quite easily been another Arbroath v Bon Accord or at least a Wodson Park v Sport London e Benfica

he scored 1? what game was you watching i heard he scored a 2nd half hatrick :wacko:

Haha did he? A couple of goals were quite scrappy and I was at opposite end couldn't make out who scored. Also sort of missed couple as i was texting updates which as you can imagine was happening pretty regular 2nd half. Calvin George(?) was their best player yesterday little no 10. After firing a blank maybe you'll get your wish and Southall will sign him, if they can afford him. Guy in their boardroom told our chairman he's nearly cost him a grand already. But if he scores goals to get promotion it'll be worth it I would say.

Edited by Winslow Boy

If the first half had been like the second it could have quite easily been another Arbroath v Bon Accord or at least a Wodson Park v Sport London e Benfica

But it wasnt was it? If 2nd half was like first half we might have nicked something by that 'logic' another genius post well done

Edited by Winslow Boy

Well presumably the match report will be on Cockfosters Website shortly so why should I post my take of events, I doubt Winslow United will bother though as it would be too humiliating

Haha did he? A couple of goals were quite scrappy and I was at opposite end couldn't make out who scored. Also sort of missed couple as i was texting updates which as you can imagine was happening pretty regular 2nd half. Calvin George(?) was their best player yesterday little no 10. After firing a blank maybe you'll get your wish and Southall will sign him, if they can afford him. Guy in their boardroom told our chairman he's nearly cost him a grand already. But if he scores goals to get promotion it'll be worth it I would say.

Guy in their boardroom told our chairman he's nearly cost him a grand already. shocked2%20(2).gif who?