Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 29th September Fixtures, Results

I sense an obsession coming on

Well if it was Winslow Boy he is quite a dashing bloke!

Winslow Boy - You mentioned that you had a blue tee shirt on, I had you down for a middle aged bloke in his late 40's or 50's but are you in your early to mid thirties with black hair and quite athletic looking. You were in a huddle in the bar after the game on Saturday and someone had just got a round in, you were all about to start drowning your sorrows.

Quite athletic? Very athletic thankyou and early thirties none of this mid thirties you and your insults lol. Yes I was Stood there, drowning sorrows probably came later a few important discussions had though. You grey now? Don't take this wrong but are you carrying few extra pounds since your Kentish days. If so I thought I might have noticed you.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Don't take this wrong but are you carrying few extra pounds since your Kentish days.

That would be all those infamous programmes he carries about him everywhere he goes.

Don't take this wrong but are you carrying few extra pounds since your Kentish days

Well I may be carrying a bit of extra timber these days, David Ginola style, but those Kentish Town days were five seasons ago now, six including 2006/2007 when Winslow United failed to show up for that game at Claremont Road

Well I may be carrying a bit of extra timber these days, David Ginola style, but those Kentish Town days were five seasons ago now, six including 2006/2007 when Winslow United failed to show up for that game at Claremont Road

Nothing wrong with that I was just expecting a streak of pi$$ if you'll pardon the expression. Your welcome to join me at gym I'll do you a mates rate for personal training and diet advice. Yeah that season when a number of our players were involved in a serious accident and ended up in hospital, but shame on them for not getting to the game.

Notice no response or evidence to back up his "mon handed" comment. I'll get my face to face with him at some point this season.

Don't hold your breathe

They don't call him the phantom tw@t for nothing

Well presumably the match report will be on Cockfosters Website shortly

All good things come to those who wait:

http://cockfostersfc.net/CockfostersFC.new/first_team_reports.htm

Winslow Boy - I can't see a report from the game on Saturday on your website

Winslow Boy - I can't see a report from the game on Saturday on your website

It's on there 30th sept right there under an announcement about pysios

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/winslowutd/

Edited by Winslow Boy

PREMIER DIVISION

0-3 Biggleswade United v Ampthill Town

A report on this one from another Forum:

South Mids Premier at 'Second Meadow'

Biggleswade Utd 0-3 Ampthill Town

Admission 5 pounds, programme included.

Tea 1 pound, badge 3.50.

Att 35 (official). 10 or so from Ampthill I reckon, local derby.

Fairly easy win for high flying, newly promoted Ampthill.

Could see why BU had not won a league game yet this season, they were quite poor.

However, a very friendly club, I felt right at home here.

From the bar lady to the lady on the gate, all smiling and friendly.

Not only that, but mats in the heath robinson stand, to keep your back side, clean or warm depending on time of year etc. Stand out players for Ampthill were Kemoagna and Soetan. Stop on way home was 'The Orchard' GBG listed pub/restuarant in Harefield. Fantastic views of valley and lake.

Pub was heaving, most eating, seemed like they struggled at the bar to serve quickly, but food came out quick and was very good (Once we got a table).

About 5/6 beers on, favourite was the excellent tasty Thornbridge 'Sequoia'.

As usual for this brewery, top notch :)

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

4-2 London Lions v Totternhoe

London Lions 4 v 2 Totternhoe SSML Challenge Trophy 1st Round Admission inc prog £5 Att 30 Tea £1.10

Having got confirmation the game was being played at Rowley Lane Henfield Bee and myself headed here going anti clockwise round the M25 to avoid the clockwise problems between Juncs 8 and 11 arriving at approx 2pm. The pitch is one of a number at the complex and is the one by the car park. There is only very limited cover here a stand constructed of scaffolding, but there is a large bar which also sold hot drinks and crisps etc but no other food. There wer no club officials around at 2pm and it was nearer 2.45pm before i found a club official near the car park entrance who took my money and dished out the 8 page prog.

The game turned out to be entertaining with the Lions having won all 7 league games against Div 2 opponents and when they took an early lead it looked like we could be in for a cricket score but Totternhoe battled back well but were unable to score and goals either side of half time gave London Lions a 3-0 lead, cue a Totternhoe comeback to 3-2 and they came very close to equalising before London Lions scored a late fourth goal.

After this we headed to Rye House speedway and saw Ashley Birks win the National League Riders Championship after a run off with Jason Garrity who crashed out in the run off.

South Mids Premier at 'Second Meadow'

Biggleswade Utd 0-3 Ampthill Town

Admission 5 pounds, programme included.

Tea 1 pound, badge 3.50.

Att 35 (official). 10 or so from Ampthill I reckon, local derby.

Fairly easy win for high flying, newly promoted Ampthill.

Could see why BU had not won a league game yet this season, they were quite poor.

However, a very friendly club, I felt right at home here.

From the bar lady to the lady on the gate, all smiling and friendly.

Not only that, but mats in the heath robinson stand, to keep your back side, clean or warm depending on time of year etc. Stand out players for Ampthill were Kemoagna and Soetan. Stop on way home was 'The Orchard' GBG listed pub/restuarant in Harefield. Fantastic views of valley and lake.

Pub was heaving, most eating, seemed like they struggled at the bar to serve quickly, but food came out quick and was very good (Once we got a table).

About 5/6 beers on, favourite was the excellent tasty Thornbridge 'Sequoia'.

As usual for this brewery, top notch :)

Some match report that????

Surprised we wasn't told what colour underpants he wore.

Surprised we wasn't told what colour underpants he wore

It actually reminded me of my match reports as I used to ask players what they had for their breakfast that morning