Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 6th October - Fixtures, Results

Saturday 6th October

DIVISION ONE

2-0 London Lions v Codicote

A report on this one from another Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1- LONDON LIONS 2 CODICOTE 0

Attendance-25 Admission £3 (old git rate with free 4 page programme)- free custard cream

Myself and Mr Villan took the opportunity to tick off London Lions home league base in Rowley Lane, Arkley near Barnet. The main pitch is to the left as you enter the complex and the surface was in absolute first class condition. The complex houses at least 10 football pitches of various kinds and seemed to stretch for miles. The two teams had only lost a game each all season and contrived to put on a fine display of passing football on the superb surface; the homesters just had the sharper edge up front and scored a goal in each half to run out deserving winners. Special mention must go the home official who not only took the entrance money but directed car parking arrangements, collected loose balls and gave out free custard creams (1 each).

Pre- match refreshments were taken at the very, very remote Fox Inn in Brickets Wood; post match we imbibed in the Three Cricketers in Aldenham and a swiftie in the Two Brewers in Thornborough where the gaffer was celebrating 30 years to the day at the same pub; unfortunately the 3 beers drunk during the day were all pretty awful (Tring-Ridgeway Bitter, St Austell-Trelawny and Tribute); still a good day out.

Hadley 1 Hanwell Town 1

Enjoyed my first ever visit to Hadley FC (Potters Bar FC) the Hadley people were nice and friendly and they did a nice little programe.

I must say that i thought the ground would be a little smarter being a step 4 ground.

I hear Hadley FC have plans to move back to there old ground but are struggling to get planning permission to bring the ground up to step 5 standard.

Not a good day for ampthill , a little reminder of how hard the prem is . Out played by a good berko side and ampthill keeper Tom kennard getting mom . Well done berko it was a pleasure having you nice bunch .

Was a good match, good view from the main stand too. Both sides had a few good chances that they didnt take with both keepers playing well, can see why your keeper got mom. Berko were hanging on at the end but done just enough. Its tough in the prem, think Berko learnt that last season.

DIVISION ONE

2-2 Kings Langley v Kentish Town

Apart from Renhold United winning at Totternhoe in the Bedfordshire Senior Trophy this must be the surprise result of the day yesterday!

Apart from Renhold United winning at Totternhoe in the Bedfordshire Senior Trophy this must be the surprise result of the day yesterday!

Tw@t