Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Alcohol pitchside at Chalfont!

I know we are very hot on people consuming alcohol in the stadium at the RPS, but i would be interested to know what the actual law is for clubs at our level?.

At Chalfont St Peter on saturday, i was interested to see a bunch of lads drinking on the terrace just outside the bar while watching the game. At the end of the match there were half a dozen empty beer bottles left on the floor next to the players tunnel.

While these lads were perfectly well behaved, Chalfont still win the award for most foul mouthed and agressive supporter of the season. Some quite disgusting behaviour from this shaven headed bloke in his fifties. Obviously, a throwback to the 1970's.

After the game a neutral Hayes fan,an elderly gentleman, said that in 60 years of watching non league football he has never seen or heard such thuggish behaviour from a supporter.

Frankly, an embarassment to the decent people of C st P.

Sorry to butt in on your thread bit it was a topic which we can relate to..my family & I are Chertsey Town supporters and we have had dealings with the "gent" in question at Chalfont before and have even reported him to their chairman, apparently his son plays for them and last season my husband was threatened by him for some light hearted banter and sadly we met him again this season and was vile to the ladies in our group, sadly the club don't seem to find his behaviour as appalling as we all do! :huh:

Some quite disgusting behaviour from this shaven headed bloke in his fifties. Obviously, a throwback to the 1970's.

we have had dealings with the "gent" in question at Chalfont before and have even reported him to their chairman, apparently his son plays for them and last season my husband was threatened by him for some light hearted banter and sadly we met him again this season and was vile to the ladies in our group

Yes, know the bloke you mean - he was even gobbing off at a pre-season friendly last year!

Good god he sounds like a twat just slap his bald head and tell him to feck off.

I've never had the misfortune to meet the bloke referred to. When we play them at home, either refuse him entry (have the SNT at hand) or send Mick Tilt to 'have a word'!

As far as alcohol inside grounds is concerned, may I add Bedfont Sports to the list. When I watched their game at home to Egham recently, I stood on the opposite side of the clubhouse between the two dugouts, and a bloke who was an Egham fan was openly drinking beer from a plastic glass.

Ok, if you want to hide a can in your pocket the club cannot easily police that, but how many people carry a plastic glass around? Also, their bar is accessible from pitch-side after half-time, thus providing the opportunity. Given the abuse from that side of the ground towards the officials and opposing players in a feisty game, it had the expected effect.

Interesting reference on the Guernsey forum to an opposing fan at the weekend being abusive, describing him as fat and bald. Took me 2 seconds to guess who that was (it wasn't me, your Honour, I have an alibi).

I think it is time for the Southern and Combined Counties Leagues to take a stance on the matter.

Anyone know any league officials?!? ^_^

Alcohol is forbidden pitchside in the FA Competitions, but there is no mention of it in the Southern League Rules, as far as I can see from a quick perusal of the Handbook. Given that all Leagues adhere to The FA Standard Code of Rules, I suspect that there won't be anything in the CCL Rules either. It is a matter for each club what their policy is - ours has always been that, as the clubhouse is outside the Stadium part of our site, the consumption of alcohol will be kept in and around that area. Lewes, of the Isthmian Premier, have a very different policy, selling beer for consumption on the terraces. This did cause them one or two problems a year or so back but their clubhouse is an integral part of the ground and one incident did not change their policy. Things were different for them when they were in the Conference Premier, but that's because the law treats football at that level and above differently.

Glass containers should never be anywhere near pitchside, regardless of the substance therein.

Just to add...he does'nt travel to away games!!! wink.png

He has not got the guts to go off his patch and give it large.

He dosent sound like a supporter just some twat who like's to drink(To Much) in the Chalfont St Peter club house probably because it is cheaper than the local pub.

Alcohol 'pitch-side' is BANNED in the CCL.

Failure to police will usually result in the club being fined a three figure sum.

I still get some 'snotty' retorts from offenders when I POLITELY ask then to go into the club-house bar.

I still get some 'snotty' retorts from offenders when I POLITELY ask then to go into the club-house bar.

Some times i do wonder if people are at games to watch the football or to just drink and get drunk.

What seems quite odd now, is this guy spouting foul language for all to hear, while standing next to a wendy house and being surrounded by potato paintings done by children, as the clubhouse obviously doubles up as a nursery in midweek.

Sad really.

What seems quite odd now, is this guy spouting foul language for all to hear, while standing next to a wendy house and being surrounded by potato paintings done by children, as the clubhouse obviously doubles up as a nursery in midweek.

Sad really.

Chalfont St Peter must be proud.

Well its not as if the nursery children are there when matches are being played is it.

I very rarely Drink alcohol.

An issue that should be addressed, and the potential risk nipped in the bud.

No good being smart after the event, so let's hope the Leagues show some leadership. Kick it Out - racism and alcohol fuelled abuse side by side.

Big J R - I am sure that you know better than I about the CCL rules. But if, indeed, alcohol is banned pitchside, why is it still happening, seemingly condoned by clubs, and un-policed?

Maybe the CCL should send someone down (undercover) to Hatton Road sometime.

Act first and prevent, must be the message.

If that Yorkshire prick at the Sheffield Wednesday versus Leeds game on Friday night had anything else in his hands, Chris Kirkland could have been very seriously injured, or worse God forbid. The moron got off lightly with a 4 month custodial sentence - should have been 4 years minimum. When are magistrates going to take these things seriously?

Then again, South Yorkshire Police are'nt exactly covering themselves in glory, 23 years after Hillsborough.

And we wonder why more people are not present at our beautiful game!

Archived