Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is 10 points deduction enough when you go into Adminstration

Krooner

I notice that 3 of the top 5 in the Championship have all been in Adminstration at some point in the last 3 years and are now knocking on the door of Promotion to the Premiership while the bottom 3 clubs in the same league never have.

Is it time for the rules to be looked at again for this sort of thing. Perhaps at least relegation should be the minimum for going into Adminstration now ?

Agree with the 2 leagues, Wages - I think a wage cap rather than no spending at all. If you force 2 relegations onto a club (no matter how negligent they've been) and then tell them they then can't spend any money on players is a bit harsh and could force the club into a downward spiral that could eventually destroy them. Who gets their money back then, especially if they have little or no assets to sell off.

Maybe there are too many football clubs and not enough interest in going to them.

Some of them could eventually go by the wayside anyway.

At the end of the day, if someone comes forward who's prepared to pile sh1t loads of cash into a club, it's all a bit academic.

The 2 division relagation does make sense, though !

Don't punish the clubs, punish the idiots running it.

Ban them from entering a club for life, and have a system in place whereby a new owner can come in within 28 days of the doo-doo hitting the fan.

Don't punish the clubs, punish the idiots running it.

Ban them from entering a club for life, and have a system in place whereby a new owner can come in within 28 days of the doo-doo hitting the fan.

I would imagine that anyone that has taken a club into administration would have taken so much stick, banning them from clubs for life would be a blessing and quite futile. It seems that your quite happy for the people that are owed money to "suffer" as long as the supporters and club are OK. How on earth do you think a system can be found to allow a new owner to take over a club thats gone into administration, and apart from the criminally insane who do you think would be crazy enough to buy a failing non league club with a mountain of debts.

if the previous owner has walked away, leaving a mess and has profited from the whole experience, that person should then be forced to pay back as much of the debt has he/she has profited from it. To then turn around and keep blaming the club under those circumstances seems a bit harsh. Owners that have apparently become bankrupt nearly always seem to maintain a high standard of living and not be personally affected.

Alan, I would never want anybody to suffer - fans, suppliers, anybody.

There is always somebody out there who will be interested in helping a club out, and perhaps an organisation could be created whereby an investor has to put money into a bond which is used to purchase the club and pay off debts. Therefore, you know that the investor and the money is real.

I've been interested, previously, in helping out a club in Gloucestershire - however their 'locals only' policy was very off-putting. If you weren't from the local area you didn't exist to them.

if the previous owner has walked away, leaving a mess and has profited from the whole experience, that person should then be forced to pay back as much of the debt has he/she has profited from it. To then turn around and keep blaming the club under those circumstances seems a bit harsh. Owners that have apparently become bankrupt nearly always seem to maintain a high standard of living and not be personally affected.

Its a fact that owners walk away from all sorts of companies, leave a mess, and profit from the whole experience, they call it capitalism. Spivs and risk takers in other walks of life are described as entrepreneurs and are allowed to form limited companies, which limit their financial responsibilities, and then when it all goes tits up others are left to pick up the pieces, creditors don't get paid, and the entrepreneur still keeps his ill gained possessions, and is free to start all over again to rip off even more unfortunate soles.

As to yet, not one single person has convinced me why a football club that enters administration should be allowed to carry on as before by paying players while their debts remain unpaid.

They should be given a 'period of grace' in which to get new owners in, but it needs to be a fixed term and not dragged on a la Truro and Kettering.

Would you say the same if Romford FC went into admin, Alan?

Would you say the same if Romford FC went into admin, Alan?

Of course I would, in the very unlikely situation that Romford went bust I would either not bother watching live football, or I would go to Dagenham, Chelmsford or perhaps Billericay,

I'm afraid I don't subscribe to all this sentimental nonsense about football tribalism and badge kissing and prefer to be a little more realistic and pragmatic.

Sentiment doesn't come into it for me either.

I just don't see the point that if you have a club (or company) in debt, then making it almost impossible for that club to operate forcing it to be wound up when you can allow them to exist at a lower level and people can start to get paid back their money over time (rather than not at all).

This country is in debt, but cutting back too quickly brought us into a double-dip recession until recently and there's more cutbacks to come.

There are clubs that just won't exist in a few years time, I'm sure of that. I expect Truro to go at some point and a new building complex to be built on where the stadium used to be.

Perhaps Alan,you are just not as passionate about it as the rest of us.

Maybe,maybe not. I have supported Romford though for well over fifty years, rarely miss a home match, and unlike others have never wanted to, or considered supporting any other club.

Even though we are currently enjoying a successful season in many ways I prefer to watch non Romford matches where I don't care who wins, and perhaps clubs struggling with low attendances should try a marketing tool to atract supporters of local rivals that are playing away.

There are though far more important things in life than football as far as I'm concerned, so if that portrays a lack of passion then so be it.

Archived