Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dreadful decision by Rotherham Borough Council

good to see that a very misplaced and romantic image of foster parents still persists,since they are very well rewarded for their time could it not be beyond the realms of possibility that a number of them,however small, could be doing it for a pound note?

are members of UKIP the best people to care for immigrant children ? NO, its not rocket science is it?

Edited by Basil-Don

The timing of this story is certainly interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/25/rotherham-byelection-ukip-golden-moment

"You could put a red rosette on a pig and they'd vote for it in Rotherham." - P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S, as John would say.

The timing of this story is certainly interesting:

http://www.guardian....p-golden-moment

"You could put a red rosette on a pig and they'd vote for it in Rotherham." - P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S, as John would say.

Why waste a vote on a candidate that has no chance of winning. Best to vote for the least bad party IMO.

On what grounds do you base that statement on?

Do you know the foster parents?

Just curious :)

of course i dont know them but they are members of a rather dubious political party,probably patriotic as well which should be enough to start a few alarm bells ringing,never trust a patriot, people who validate themselves due to their mother giving birth in a certain geographical location dont strike me as the best people to raise young children.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of being British, Basil. I think you might be confusing Patriotism with Nationalism.

A dubious political party? Hmm... let's look at the Labour and Conservative parties first shall we? They have and had some extremely dubious members among their ranks:

Labour has Harriet Harman (links with paedophiles), Lord Mandelson (Rothschild's pawn and brainwashed Europhile), Alastair Campbell (incompetent liar), Tony Blair (complete scumbag), Gordon Brown (idiot and thief who sold off the gold reserves and taxed the pension pots).

The ConsDem Party has David Cameron (bundling Bullingdon boy), George Osborne (complete tool and liar) and Nick Clegg (Europhile who sold the Lib Dems down the river).

In what way is UKIP dubious? Is standing up for Great Britain dubious? Is wanting to break away from the sinking ship of the European Union dubious? Is protecting our common interests from brainwashed idiots in Brussels dubious? Is wanting to restore manufacturing as the spine of Great Britain dubious?

If it's that bad a party, why does it keep gaining new members and why today did a government aide tell David Cameron that he had to deal with UKIP if the Tories wanted to stay in power?

Okay, most people on here may not like UKIP. That is their right, but to say it's a dubious party is a poor reason in my opinion.

im not confusing patriotism with anything personally i'm very suspicious of people who as opposed to being proud of their own achievements take pride in something for which they arent responsible for,being proud of where you were born is like being proud of having brown hair or being 5'6".

you saying you're proud to be British is as absurd as me stating that i'm proud to be 5'11".

Edited by Basil-Don

in what way is UKIP dubious? well its a one issue party with absurdist,illogical arguments,they want to pull out of the European Union because its corrupt and wasteful couldnt the same argument be made of Westminister,the foster parents were probably dressing the kids in union jack pyjamas and telling them how wonderful Britian was all the time as opposed to telling them it was a country much like any other with things to appreciate and other things to disapprove of.

Edited by Basil-Don

Absurdist?

I think that would apply more to the Liebore party that raped and pillaged this country for 13 years.

Just how much money do we waste on the EU project, when that money could be put to better use here? Merkel and co hate the UK, so why should we even bother appeasing them?

Nothing wrong with Union Flag pyjamas (it's only the Union Jack at sea - QI Fact) - I still have a Union Flag T-Shirt (a la Joe Elliott) and Union Flag Boxer Shorts. There are worse things you can do with a child, such as leaving him/her in a filthy house whilst you go and have sex up country lanes with strangers (as in the case of a former neighbour of mine who was a Labour voter....)

Fair point that we have things wrong with this country, but we also have a lot that's right and some of the nicest scenery of any country in the world: The Cotswolds, The Norfolk Broads, The Kent Coast, Cornwall, The Brecon Beacons, The Lake District, The Wessex Chalkhills, The Giants Causeway, The Scottish Highlands, The Northumbrian Coast etc. I would not swap that for anywhere in the world, and I have been to most countries. Only Norway and New Zealand, in my opinion, can compete with the fantastic countryside we have here in Great Britain.

As for UKIP being a one issue party, not so. Have a look at the policies on their website at http://www.ukip.org/...t/ukip-policies and you'll see that there is far more to them than just leaving the EU (and saving £150bn in the process). That's the main target but helping small business, ending NHS 'health tourism', merging NI and Income Tax into one flat rate of tax, giving pensioners a better deal and telling Europe to get out of our fishing waters and take back control of our agriculture policy (ditching the evil CAP) are also high on UKIP's agenda.

Love them or loathe them, UKIP is getting more powerful by the day.

Edited by The Mayor Of Simpleton

Leading UKIP member shoots UKIP in foot with "Gay couples adopting is 'Child Abuse'".

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ukip-member-says-gay-adoption-child-abuse-070418733.html

Interesting timing.

Ukip founder Alan Sked says the party is "Morally Dodgy and Extraordinarily Right-Wing"

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11/26/ukip-founder-alan-sked-morally-dodgy_n_2190987.html

Absurdist?

I think that would apply more to the Liebore party that raped and pillaged this country for 13 years.

Just how much money do we waste on the EU project, when that money could be put to better use here? Merkel and co hate the UK, so why should we even bother appeasing them?

Nothing wrong with Union Flag pyjamas (it's only the Union Jack at sea - QI Fact) - I still have a Union Flag T-Shirt (a la Joe Elliott) and Union Flag Boxer Shorts. There are worse things you can do with a child, such as leaving him/her in a filthy house whilst you go and have sex up country lanes with strangers (as in the case of a former neighbour of mine who was a Labour voter....)

Can you paste some details of this labour voter Adam, or is this another one of your fantasys like the UKIP member who had his kids taken away for being a member of UKIP, and we are still waiting for more details.

I don't belong to any political party. Thought about loooking into joining the Apathy Party but couldn't be asked to check whether anyone had bothered to start one.

Absurdist?

Fair point that we have things wrong with this country, but we also have a lot that's right and some of the nicest scenery of any country in the world: The Cotswolds, The Norfolk Broads, The Kent Coast, Cornwall, The Brecon Beacons, The Lake District, The Wessex Chalkhills, The Giants Causeway, The Scottish Highlands, The Northumbrian Coast etc. I would not swap that for anywhere in the world, and I have been to most countries. Only Norway and New Zealand, in my opinion, can compete with the fantastic countryside we have here in Great Britain.

As for UKIP being a one issue party, not so. Have a look at the policies on their website at http://www.ukip.org/...t/ukip-policies and you'll see that there is far more to them than just leaving the EU (and saving £150bn in the process). That's the main target but helping small business, ending NHS 'health tourism', merging NI and Income Tax into one flat rate of tax, giving pensioners a better deal and telling Europe to get out of our fishing waters and take back control of our agriculture policy (ditching the evil CAP) are also high on UKIP's agenda.

Love them or loathe them, UKIP is getting more powerful by the day.

indeed the UK is blessed with some lovely scenery such a shame that the average British subject would rather spend their spare time scoffing a McDonalds in a shopping mall or watching the X Factor than exploring the countryside,we live in a country blessed with such scenery and what do we do? build high rise tower blocks and shopping malls,dont it make you proud.

Can you paste some details of this labour voter Adam, or is this another one of your fantasys like the UKIP member who had his kids taken away for being a member of UKIP, and we are still waiting for more details.

Bit like the ficticious friend you have who apparently Hornchurch owe money to till,despite the club announcing they have cleared all debts recently.

Still waiting........

Bit like the ficticious friend you have who apparently Hornchurch owe money to till,despite the club announcing they have cleared all debts recently.

Still waiting........

Try and find one single post where I have ever suggested any friend of mine has ever been owed money from AFC Hornchurch. Just another one of your pathetic fantasies I think.

Idiot.

Right then...

Alan... The story about the Nottinghamshire couple is NOT a fantasy, and I'd be careful how you word things. I've already contacted UKIP and they have agreed to look through their archives for me as I can't find the story online.

Loose... Winston McKenzie is an ex-Liebore member, so don't take what he says too seriously. He certainly does not speak for UKIP on the whole, and if you paid him enough he'd stand for Nasty Nick's rabble. As for the Huffingdon article, Huffingdon is a left-wing site so I'll treat it with the contempt it deserves. Okay, there are a lot of faults with UKIP. They don't claim to be Messiahs, but they are more honest than Liebore and Condemned can ever dream to be. Plus they are not manipulated by those with dubious interests (Common Purpose and the rest).

basil... I cannot fault that. It's a shame more people don't get out and explore our beautiful country.

I see Adam, thanks for the considered response. So it is your view that the Ukip candidate for Croydon North can not be trusted and that since it is the Huffington Post carrying the comments of a founder member that the party are morally dodgy and extremely right wing that it does not suit your values to give your views on.

Very fluffy Adam, soft and mushy. Not talking about your balls btw but I might as well be.