Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd February - Fixtures, Results

Tring Athletic v Hadley

I make this an away banker

It's a shame you can't bet on SSML games isn't it

Here's a treat for Savagebee... highlights of Hertford Town v Hanwell Town included all the goals scored. Click on TheColdEnd link for a little report and some more pictures. Hertford's goal (on video from 4m 40s) was accompanied by celebrations of the Hertford Horn and a train driver's horn on the Viaduct who must of been watching as well. THE HERTFORD TOWN TRAIN HORN INCIDENT.

Decent game with Hertford really pushing for an equaliser but Hanwell (whom were best side by miles in the first half) holding out for the three points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihebwcKd0IE&feature=youtu.be

Superb Coldend i saw someone filming the game i didnt realise that was you.

If you were wondering i was the bloke behind the goal with the black and white scarf and the dodgy haircut ;)

Referee without doubt ruined the game yesterday. Gave them an incredibly soft first penalty, gave them an even softer free kick for their second. 3rd goal (another penalty) although I'll admit that it was a penalty and the fourth was just a joke in general. The assistant referee flagged for a goal kick as the Colney Heath player kicked it off about 10 yards from him, the referee pointed for a corner from 40 yards away. He then dealt with an injury and resumed play by over ruling his assistant and giving the corner. Ridiculous. All in all, I think he cautioned 7 of our players, and not one of theirs, even for the same tackles.

We had a few chances to be 2 or 3 up at half time but as usual we didn't and looking at the results we are in serious trouble

To quote PTG

kerchin :P

Ha. Point I tried to make to the referee, was the fact he cautioned our players for routine tackles, yet the same tackles from the Colney Heath players were not. Where is the consistency in this? And as with a lot of referees, I've found, they back away from the situation and go for the safe way of dealing with it

We have been warned by our manager about that, and that we will have to chip in for the fine

12. DISCIPLINARY ACTION ON CLUBS FOR MISCONDUCT BY THEIR PLAYERS

12.1 Any team within the National League System who has six or more individual Players

cautioned or Dismissed from the Field of Play in the same match will be automatically

fined the sum of £150 for the first occasion during the Season. For a

second/third/fourth etc. occasion in the same Season, the fine on the Club will be

£300/£450/£600 etc.

Added to this will be the £10 administration fee for each caution

Edited by Karen Browne

12.1 Any team within the National League System who has six or more individual Players

cautioned or Dismissed from the Field of Play in the same match will be automatically

second/third/fourth etc. occasion in the same Season, the fine on the Club will be

£300/£450/£600 etc.

Jeeeez, that's a lot of cash. You can't appeal the yellows either can you?

Jeeeez, that's a lot of cash. You can't appeal the yellows either can you?

And a poor referee who fails to use any common sense gets another fixture the following week.

Can everybody on this forum who rightly exercises their view with regards some of the poor officiating from time to time all be wrong???

Edited by No13

And a poor referee who fails to use any common sense gets another fixture the following week.

Can everybody on this forum who rightly exercises their view with regards some of the poor officiating from time to time all be wrong???

I know it's deeply frustrating, I appreciate its a tough job and there probably aren't enough refs. They do however get paid, out managers and players don't, they turn up out of their own pockets and are also fined based on what in my opinion appears all to often to be poor officials decisions. One massive step in helping would be improvement in dialogue and consistency of decisions.

Edited by Winslow Boy

£300/£450/£600 etc.

I believe this is where my kerching comes in, Karen. :D

It is the Club's responsibility to mark poor referees accordingly and submit a full report as to why they are marking low however a lot of clubs find that by marking 51 thus avoiding writing reports is the answer (something my own club is guilty of doing in the past).

However you need to remember you are making a referee under the guidelines laid out below

GUIDE TO MARKING MATCH REFEREES

The mark awarded by a club must be based on the referee’s overall performance. It is most important that the mark is awarded fairly and not based upon isolated incidents or previous games. The referee’s performance should be determined by the table below which should act as a guide for the overall mark which would fall within the mark range for each standard of performance.

A mark of between 71 and 80 represents the standard of refereeing expected.

Mark Range

Comments

91 – 100

The referee was extremely accurate in decision making and very successfully controlled the game using management and communication skills to create an environment of fair play, adding real value to the game.

81 – 90

The referee was very accurate in decision making and successfully controlled the game using management and communication skills to create an environment of fair play.

71 – 80

The referee was accurate in decision making and controlled the game well, communicating with players, making a positive contribution towards fair play.

61 – 70

The referee was reasonably accurate in decision making, controlled the game quite well and communicated with players, establishing a reasonable degree of fair play.

51 – 60

The referee had some shortcomings in the level of accuracy of decision making and control, with only limited success in communicating with the players resulting in variable fair play.

50 and below

The referee had significant shortcomings in the level of accuracy of decision making and control with poor communication with players which resulted in low levels of fair play.

HOW TO DECIDE ON THE REFEREE’S MARK

The following questions focus on the key areas of a referee’s performance. They are intended as an ‘aide memoire’, are not necessary comprehensive and need not be answered individually. It is, however, worth considering them before committing a mark for the referee.

CONTROL AND DECISION MAKING

· How well did the referee control the game?

· Were the players actions recognised correctly?

· Were the Laws of the Game applied correctly?

· Were all incidents dealt with efficiently/effectively?

· Was the referee always within reasonable distance of incidents?

· Was the referee positioned to make critical decisions, especially in and around the penalty area?

· Did the referee understand the players’ positional intentions and keep out of the way accordingly?

· Did the referee apply the use of advantage to suit the mood and temperature of the game?

· Was the referee aware of the player’s attitude to advantage?

· Did the referee use the assistants effectively?

· Did the officials work as a team, and did the referee lead and manage them to the benefit of the game?

COMMUNICATION AND PLAYER MANAGEMENT

· How well did the referee communicate with the players during the game?

· Did the referee’s level of involvement/profile suit this particular game?

· Did the referee understand the player’s problems on the day – eg difficult ground/weather conditions?

· Did the referee respond to the changing pattern of the play or mood of the players?

· Did the referee demonstrate empathy for the game, allowing it to develop in accordance with the temp of the game?

· Was the referee pro-active in controlling the game?

· Was the referees’ authority asserted firmly without being officious?

· Was the referee confident and quick thinking?

· Did the referee appear unflustered and unhurried when making critical decisions?

· Did the referee permit undue questioning of decisions?

· Did the referee deal effectively with players crowding around after decisions/incidents?

· Was effective player management in evidence?

· Was the referees’ body language confident and open at all times?

· Did the pace of the game, the crowd or player pressure affect the referee negatively?

FINAL THOUGHTS

Always try to be objective when marking. You may not obtain the most objective view by marking immediately after the game.

Do not mark the referee down unfairly because your team was unlucky and lost the game, or some disciplinary action was taken against your players.

Judge the performance over the whole game. Do not be influenced by one particular incident.

Edited by Karen Browne

It is the Club's responsibility to mark poor referees accordingly and submit a full report as to why they are marking low however a lot of clubs find that by marking 51 thus avoiding writing reports is the answer.

Does anyone really listen though?

They do on my Competition.

I've binned a few after receiving letters.

Really? Well not that I would want anyone to lose 'work' or something they enjoy but that is good to hear. There must be accountability for everyone involved in the game.