Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd February - Fixtures, Results

Winslow boy did nial play ? I had him when I first took over his attitude wasn't right but then he was a young lad Dunstable signed him from us but they didn't play him maybe a couple of games and set him back really ,ended up at wanderers with his friends hope he does well for you.

Cheers. He came on but we were not playing well so not easy to come on when he did but he showed some good touches, few nice passes, aggression and I would think he could be a good regular player for us. Hopefully with regards to attitude as he's a bit older now that will be better. I liked what I saw. I'm looking forward to game against you guys hopefully I'm still around I think it'll be a really good game and draw a decent crowd.

Yes hopefully I will have a team to pick from ! Will probably see perry at towcester races tomorrow might drop him a text as I want to see these yellow shoes

Hahahahahaha they are class. He will chew your ear off about ref today! Yeah hopefully both teams at full strength always makes for a better game to watch, and be involved in.

Ps don't take any horse tips off him Drew Mitten did and it was a stinker lol

Edited by Winslow Boy

My family have quite a few horses in training at the moment around 10 so do get to know when a few things are trying.Nothing at towcester but have a entry at kempton this week Wednesday it's called Arabian flight worth a look and if it wins I will have a beer at the game.

Nice, I might put a couple of quid on it then if it comes in I'll get my wallet out after the game hahaha

She always runs her heart out I might go if she doesn't get in the race will go to Crawley v Winslow on wedns

Yeah I'm hoping I'll be back for that as Im up north for a few days now. They absolutely bashed us earlier in the season so will be a tough game I'd rip your arm out its socket for a draw right now. Hopefully Claude is over his flu and back in the side.

Another Groundhoppers View

SSML Premier

Hertford Town 1-2 Hanwell Town

(@ Hertingfordbury Park)

Admission: £6

Programme: £1

Attendance: 73 (h/c)

A bit of an anti-climax this one after the reverse game in September at Hanwell was carnage. Probably not helped by the fact most of the Hertford Town team that day no longer play for them. (In fact one of their scorers that day is now at Hanwell - subject to lots of "judas! judas! chants")

Hanwell scored two early goals, the 2nd one a well worked move. They looked in complete control but a corner on HT from Hertford was fumbled in and the away goal had to make an excellent save a couple of minutes in the 2nd half to keep it 1-2. After that it was a midfield slog with Hanwell looking the most likely to score.

Lovely ground here with countryside all around. Worth a visit.

Looking forward to seeing him play could get him over to Bedford town if he's good enough.

I was talking to him today about hopefully getting him moved on Perry has set him up training at Brackley for now they've said see the season out get fit and come pre season. Oxford City, Arsley, Hemel and Bedford are all clubs I've discussed with him. If you know people there it would be great for the lad to have them have a look he should be playing much higher and as much as he enjoys it with us he wants to play up there, he doesn't care about money. He has said he just needs to get properly fit.

Stuff the lad moving up, keep him at Winslow and help you get promotion to the Prem next season, that'll wipe the smile off of the tw4ts who gave you promotion after finishing 7th in div 2.....can't beat a bit of revenge and an index finger to those who know f**k all about football but are more than happy to think they do

Stuff the lad moving up, keep him at Winslow and help you get promotion to the Prem next season, that'll wipe the smile off of the tw4ts who gave you promotion after finishing 7th in div 2.....can't beat a bit of revenge and an index finger to those who know f**k all about football but are more than happy to think they do

Haha very true listen we'd love to keep him and our ambition is to be an established prem side but also don't want to stand in anyone's way. It's nice to see a player who isn't after money to play below himself and actually just wants to play as high as he can. If I win lotto tonight maybe I can offer him a few bob or at least get a good replacement. You are right though I love a bit of revenge!!!

SSML Premier

(@ Hertingfordbury Park)

Have to agree 100%

SSML Premier

(@ Hertingfordbury Park)

Admission: £6

Programme: £1

Attendance: 73 (h/c)

A bit of an anti-climax this one after the reverse game in September at Hanwell was carnage. Probably not helped by the fact most of the Hertford Town team that day no longer play for them. (In fact one of their scorers that day is now at Hanwell - subject to lots of "judas! judas! chants")

Hanwell scored two early goals, the 2nd one a well worked move. They looked in complete control but a corner on HT from Hertford was fumbled in and the away goal had to make an excellent save a couple of minutes in the 2nd half to keep it 1-2. After that it was a midfield slog with Hanwell looking the most likely to score.

Gotta love the Hertford Town Massive.

Great support and sense of humor.

Always found you get a better class of abuse from them. :D

Saturday 23rd February

DIVISION TWO

0-4 Hale Leys United v Kent Athletic

A report on this one from another Forum:

Spartan South Midlands League, Division Two

Hale Leys United 0 Kent Athletic 4 (att 15 h/c)

Free addmission, free prog

From reading previous WDYG posts I knew not to expect too much from Hale Leys, it's just a roped off pitch a lengthy walk from the changing rooms, and from watching previous Spartan South Midlands League Division Two games I knew not to expect too much from the game, although to be fair this wasn't bad, with Kent running out comfortable winners.

Report and a few pics at http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/...v-kent-athletic.html

Here's a treat for Savagebee... highlights of Hertford Town v Hanwell Town included all the goals scored. Click on TheColdEnd link for a little report and some more pictures. Hertford's goal (on video from 4m 40s) was accompanied by celebrations of the Hertford Horn and a train driver's horn on the Viaduct who must of been watching as well. THE HERTFORD TOWN TRAIN HORN INCIDENT.

Decent game with Hertford really pushing for an equaliser but Hanwell (whom were best side by miles in the first half) holding out for the three points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihebwcKd0IE&feature=youtu.be