Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RIP Margaret Thatcher

What a ridiculous statement Alan.everyone knows that if you go against a trade union they will go to any lengths to ruin your life,scum the lot of them.

Unions have always used bullyboy tactics to get their own way,not just on a personal leve but against society as a whole.thats when they arent trying to hold the country to ransom-firefighters striking on Novermber 5th,tube workers striking on boxing day-they really are the lowest of the low.

That must be the most ridiculous post ever made on this forum.

If it wasn't for the trade union movement there would be no minimum wage, equal pay for woman, company pensions, sick pay, paid holidays, health and safety regulations, collective bargaining,and until working class people with brains the size of a gnat were stupid enough to buy into Thatcherism we mostly enjoyed better job security and an affordable council house for those unable to afford to buy.

Its a crying shame that people like you enjoy at least some of the benefits that generations of trade unionists fought for, and if you want to see what real scum looks like I suggest you look in a mirror.

oh please comrade,leave it out with this 'brotherhood of man' sh1t, the average trade unionist is the most money grabbing,selfish person you could ever meet, does a striking teacher ever give a damm about the parent on the minimum wage who loses a days money because of their actions,most trade unionists would think Karl Marx is Stoke City's latest eastern european signing.

Unions have always used bullyboy tactics to get their own way,not just on a personal leve but against society as a whole.thats when they arent trying to hold the country to ransom-firefighters striking on Novermber 5th,tube workers striking on boxing day-they really are the lowest of the low.

oh please comrade,leave it out with this 'brotherhood of man' sh1t, the average trade unionist is the most money grabbing,selfish person you could ever meet, does a striking teacher ever give a damm about the parent on the minimum wage who loses a days money because of their actions,most trade unionists would think Karl Marx is Stoke City's latest eastern european signing.

Hookey the Unions killed industries not the Conservatives.

All 100% spot on.

Unions only benefited those who ran them.

They certainly offer no benefit to the general public and very little benefit to their members.

Yes, she killed off bad unions and their leaders, good job. Unfortunately she put the last shot into dying industries that she refused to subsidise as like industries were being subsidised and supported in other european countries by those governments. Principle maybe but what was forgotten was how to employ all those jobless which left said jobless and their families certainly feeling a little more than uncared for (deliberate ironic satirical understatement). Maybe something better than "Get on your bike" type sympathetic comments and the like from the Chingford Skinhead, possiby a train ticket down south and relocation expenses for Welsh Miners and Northern Steel workers might have left them mourning today. Sadly not.

"Every country has the government it deserves", so wrote Joseph de Maistre. He also wrote "False opinions are like false money, struck first of all by guilty men and thereafter circulated by honest people who perpetuate the crime without knowing what they are doing".

I am shedding no tears over the passing of a very wealthy woman who lived a long and selfishly fulfilled life but I'm not going to dance on her grave either. She's gone.

All 100% spot on.

Unions only benefited those who ran them.

They certainly offer no benefit to the general public and very little benefit to their members.

You really are even more stupid than I first thought if you believe that claptrap.

Almost everything I have is down to some hard graft from me, but mainly from being a member of a union, and for that I will be grateful until my dieing day.

Do you honestly believe final salary pensions, equal pay for woman etc,etc would exist today if it wasn't for trade union and its members?

And Basil Don, is it so selfish to want a fair days pay for a fair days work, or collectively doing whats best for yourself and family.

Edited by missunderstood

You really are even more stupid than I first thought if you believe that claptrap.

Almost everything I have is down to some hard graft from me, but mainly from being a member of a union, and for that I will be grateful until my dieing day.

Do you honestly believe final salary pensions, equal pay for woman etc,etc would exist today if it wasn't for trade union and its members?

And Basil Don, is it so selfish to want a fair days pay for a fair days work, or collectively doing whats best for yourself and family.

Yes, these would exist today as many of the conditions are European and not solely UK. In fact it was thanks to Margaret Thatcher that women are now more common in business and politics.

Oh and it is a shame your precious union did not fund education for you in the English language, as the correct spelling is dying. Unless you are talking about your craft activities using a die.

Yes, these would exist today as many of the conditions are European and not solely UK. In fact it was thanks to Margaret Thatcher that women are now more common in business and politics.

Oh and it is a shame your precious union did not fund education for you in the English language, as the correct spelling is dying. Unless you are talking about your craft activities using a die.

You sound very much like a lot of envious people I frequently meet who have spent their whole working lives in poorly paid jobs with no prospects of a comfortable retirement who think because they don't have anything, no one else should and we should all be dragged down to their level.

Some of the laughable and bigoted comments on this thread serves to reinforce my admiration of unions and their members who stand together and fight for a more equatable society, and to give their families a better life.

if the union man is striking for a pound note then why dont they fcking say that,oh no the teachers only strike because they are worried about teaching standards and the firefighters strike on bonfire night because they are worried about public safety ??!!!

i dare say your union as benefited you no doubt at the cost of other workers but that wasnt the debate was it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22078110

Wigan Athletic owner David Whelan is pushing for a minutes silence in respect of Margaret Thatcher's passing.

Should this not be for individual clubs to decide upon?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22078110

Wigan Athletic owner David Whelan is pushing for a minutes silence in respect of Margaret Thatcher's passing.

Should this not be for individual clubs to decide upon?

Considering her disgraceful behavior regarding the Hillsborough tragedy cover up do you seriously think they should have a minutes silence at Anfield? or in any other part of the UK she fcked up, which IMO was almost all of it.

You sound very much like a lot of envious people I frequently meet who have spent their whole working lives in poorly paid jobs with no prospects of a comfortable retirement who think because they don't have anything, no one else should and we should all be dragged down to their level.

Some of the laughable and bigoted comments on this thread serves to reinforce my admiration of unions and their members who stand together and fight for a more equatable society, and to give their families a better life.

Envious of unions? No way!

The crap that you spout sounds more like that from a cult, which is what many unions are.

It is sad that some people threaten others with their sexuality or their skin colour or because they are in the forces or even in a trade union.

Such actions just highlights what a shallow person they really are.

Such threats should be illegal.

If I do not wish to mix with blacks, whites, gays, straight, soldiers, trade union reps or anyone else, that is my right. I will choose not to mix with them because of the way they treat me, may family and others and not because of any other fact.

You are threatened by people's sexuality and/or colour of their skin? I feel very sorry for you.

Considering her disgraceful behavior regarding the Hillsborough tragedy cover up do you seriously think they should have a minutes silence at Anfield? or in any other part of the UK she fcked up, which IMO was almost all of it.

Not at all, Alan. I think it should be up to clubs to decide whether to hold a minute's silence or not.

Would YOU like to be chased down the street by a gay black man? ;)

Sounds like an episode of In Sickness And In Health....

Envious of unions? No way!

The crap that you spout sounds more like that from a cult, which is what many unions are.

I said you seem envious of the benefits that union achieve for their members, and I believe most sane people would describe Thatcherism as a cult and would think calling trade unions cults ridiculous.

Are you a great wind up merchant Ralph, or are you really just incredibly stupid?