Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RIP Margaret Thatcher

Will we be saying the same things when Tony Blair pops his clogs?

Her destruction of the mining industry and associated communities, which affected thousands of families, together with the suppression of the Hillsborough evidence was criminal.

I bet there's plenty of ex miners alive now,who wouldn't be if the mining industry had carried on.

Given that I have said in my post that I am gay I would be within my rights to consider your reply as homophobic and therefore a hate crime. I will accept an apology if you have the balls to admit your error. The hatred in your reply is frightening.

Get of your high horse mate,he wasn't referring to your sexuality and deep down you know that.He was referring to your political views

I bet there's plenty of ex miners alive now,who wouldn't be if the mining industry had carried on.

Would miners have been killed down Coal Mines if we still had them? Yeah probably but that isn't why they were closed down.

I wouldn't celebrate Blair's death and I'm not celebrating Thatcher's either and I was delighted she survived the IRA bombing of the Grand Hotel in Brighton. At the end of the day she was democratically elected and only the people had the right to remove her from office. My problem was with her policies, nothing personal.

Edited by Hookey

Thatcher was vilified for what she did to working class families, yet successive governments have done nothing to reverse this.

If Labour felt so strongly against what she had done, why did they not - in 13 years of office - change the things that she had done?

It could be argued that New Labour were more Tory than Thatcher ever was...

Get of your high horse mate,he wasn't referring to your sexuality and deep down you know that.He was referring to your political views

indeed - shame that some people have to claim what is not true.

pathetic and sad to be honest.

makes no difference as to anyone's sexuality.

Would miners have been killed down Coal Mines if we still had them? Yeah probably but that isn't why they were closed down.

I wouldn't celebrate Blair's death and I'm not celebrating Thatcher's either and I was delighted she survived the IRA bombing of the Grand Hotel in Brighton. At the end of the day she was democratically elected and only the people had the right to remove her from office. My problem was with her policies, nothing personal.

Will if its nothing personal hookster,why the celebration?

Already said I'm not celebrating.

Her passing today a frail, harmless 87 year old isn't going to undo the things I hated her for.

Edited by Hookey

It was people like you Tempestward and misunderstood that she crushed. Thank goodness.

Mind you I should feel sorry for missunderstood as he has to live in Romford - hardly the best place in the UK.

You really are a buffoon Ralph, Thatcher never crushed me, I live in a nice tree lined avenue, retired early and have a great lifestyle thanks to standing shoulder to shoulder with fellow trade unionists defending our terms and conditions of employment and most importantly my generous final salary pension.

we lose context and perspective unless we remember the country pre Thatcher, i can remember the power cuts, can remember the bullying tactics of the Trade Unions,god knows what Britian Tempestward remembers because in the one i recall the unions were the most racist and homophobic people to be found,he must of forgotten them striking in favour of Enoch Powell.

we lose context and perspective unless we remember the country pre Thatcher, i can remember the power cuts, can remember the bullying tactics of the Trade Unions,god knows what Britian Tempestward remembers because in the one i recall the unions were the most racist and homophobic people to be found,he must of forgotten them striking in favour of Enoch Powell.

quite right. some people have short memories....