Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RIP Margaret Thatcher

High private rents or long waiting lists because there's no council houses left, a society with a decreasing industrial base and an increasing reliance on the financial services that have recently bought this country to it's knees, a prime minister who had the lowest popularity rating of any in the 20th century prior to the falklands war, boom and bust economy, lower taxes for the really well off, privatising utilities for far less then they were worth. I wouldn't say that Thatcher has been all good for this country. Dealing with out of control unions was the only decent contribution that Thatcher made. You can't tolerate organisations not voted for by the electorate attempting to bring town the government of the day, even one I didn't agree with

As usual,garbage.

The Barclay brothers who own the hotel and the telegraph were letting her stay there as a friend.Something most people would do to a friend in their last days on earth,should they own a hotel.

The fact that its an expensive hotel only comes into it because its a political agenda,it shouldn't.

The fact is that its not costing anyone any money

High private rents or long waiting lists because there's no council houses left, a society with a decreasing industrial base and an increasing reliance on the financial services that have recently bought this country to it's knees, a prime minister who had the lowest popularity rating of any in the 20th century prior to the falklands war, boom and bust economy, lower taxes for the really well off, privatising utilities for far less then they were worth. I wouldn't say that Thatcher has been all good for this country. Dealing with out of control unions was the only decent contribution that Thatcher made. You can't tolerate organisations not voted for by the electorate attempting to bring town the government of the day, even one I didn't agree with

One or two unions may have been out of control, and Scargill was a megalomaniac, like thatcher, Red Robbo was driven by political dogma, also like Thatcher.

Most unions were reasonably responsible and if coming out on strike inconvenienced others that was unfortunate, but the fact remains that union exist to look after the interests of its members and while lots of people did well from Thatchers policies far more reaped the benefits from belonging to a trade union.We live in a so called democracy and I fail to understand why or how a government can be brought down by the trade union movement, and if it was possible I'm certain it would have happened in my lifetime on more than one occasion.

Edited by missunderstood

As usual,garbage.

The Barclay brothers who own the hotel and the telegraph were letting her stay there as a friend.Something most people would do to a friend in their last days on earth,should they own a hotel.

The fact that its an expensive hotel only comes into it because its a political agenda,it shouldn't.

The fact is that its not costing anyone any money

I usually find that people are very good at moralising until they are personally affected. If I could have made my mother's last few weeks on this planet more comfortable by spending a bit of money instead of seeing her in the shi**y hospital she ended up in, I would have done and I wouldn't have cared less what other people thought. As you say, it didn't cost anything anyway.

Not at all, I just got frustrated trying to have an intelligent debate with the village idiot.

You really ought to stop talking to yourself then ;)

I assume you would be quite happy for people to tell your family once you are dead that they are happy that you are now rotting in hell? Would you have any objections to your children or grandchildren or even your partner to be told this?

That's the whole point of my frustration with all this.

People are entitled to have their views on thatcher,good or bad but the way some of these bloody lefties are reacting,partying,getting records to number one in the charts just goes to show why this country is actually in the mess it is.

The sad thing is,all these unwashed students with their red and white gypsy scarfs fail to realise is that any one who is sitting in the middle pondering where there vote will go on the next election is probably looking towards the left and wondering why on earth they should vote for a party with such a nasty undertone to it,Cameron must be secretly loving this

Wingate & Finchley FC will hold a minutes silence for Margaret Thatcher:

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/wingate-will-honour-margaret-thatcher-21638/#_

The old girl had a good send off yesterday didn't she with minimal protests, good to see that common sense prevailed

The old girl had a good send off yesterday didn't she with minimal protests, good to see that common sense prevailed

Thatcher hated state intervention for others yet the state paid millions for her funeral. What a self serving bunch of hypocrites the politician's who sanctioned it are.

And at least she ordered the sinking of the 'Belgrano' ! Probably the second best thing she did in her life,

And at least she ordered the sinking of the 'Belgrano' ! Probably the second best thing she did in her life,

Disregarding for the moment the controversy of sinking a ship that was sailing west away from the Falklands, that was outside of the announced (at that time) exclusion zone and was not threatening combat, 323 men lost their lives, mainly young sea cadets. Im left wondering why this was the second best thing she had to be proud of.

Margaret Thatcher was extremely lucky not to be facing charges of being a war criminal. To celebrate the incident "Gotcha" style is crass to be kind.

Shouldn't of invaded our islands then

You can take the boy out of the playground but......

Why not we did, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

That'd be the battle for Goose Green, then ????

Maybe so loose but we all know war isn't played in the fairest of manners,bloody naive to think its going to be either

It's the loss of young lives I regard as unworthy of celebration. Regardless, Thatcher came under worldwide condemnation, just because The Sun chose not to see it that way shouldn't mean that we ignore it.

sinking a ship that was sailing west away from the Falklands

Was it though, I don't think that was ever proven was it