Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Friendlies 2013

I was aware of the following but it's still no reason to cancel the friendly with Enfield 1893, reading between the lines of the following statement, from their website, Haringey Borough aren't best pleased to be leaving the comfort of their beloved SSML:

Surprise news today ! The FA have allocated Borough a sideways move into the ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE for 2013/14.

The FA did warn Step 5 Clubs that when their proposal to reduce the number of Leagues from 14 to 12 was abandoned as unworkable they would be more inclined towards sideways moves for Step 5 Clubs where the numbers in such Leagues have long been unequal.  Such have been the norm at Steps 2 to 4 for many seasons.

One immediate unfortunate side effect will be the cancellation of our first Friendly Match on 13th July against Enfield 1893 as we will now be in the same League and would prefer not to play friendlies against teams we will be meeting competitively later on.

More updates to follow

Tuesday 30th July

Harefield United v Northwood

Thursday 1st August

Cockfosters v Northwood

It must have hurt you to have to delete those Haringey Borough games, will you still go to watch them play in the Essex Senior League out of interest

It must have hurt you to have to delete those Haringey Borough games, will you still go to watch them play in the Essex Senior League out of interest

Might do.

Will you?

Oh, I forgot.

You're still banned from Coles Park.

I hope that Karen and Pete won't object to me adding a friendly game taking place on Tuesday 4th June (so much for the no football in June rule!)

Hitchin Town v UK Football Finder EDS (Elite Development Squad).

Note it's at The Arena Stadium (Baldock) and not at Top Field, Hitchin.  A few good players are on display such as Gyula Kohlami (Hungarian GK who recently trialed with West Ham United), Rachid Rouga (ex Omnisport and Stade Rennais youth), Nuno Carracha (ex Estrela De Amadora Academy midfielder) and Stuart Darbyshire (ex Watford Academy striker) will be on show - so a good chance for a scouting trip for coaches and managers.

Kick-off is at 8 pm.  Post-Code (for those that need it for Sat-Nav) is SG7 5AU and Baldock Railway Station is within walking distance.

http://www.ukfffc.co.uk/club/News/view/772549

I hope that Karen and Pete won't object to me adding a friendly game taking place on Tuesday 4th June (so much for the no football in June rule!)

Hitchin Town v UK Football Finder EDS (Elite Development Squad).

Note it's at The Arena Stadium (Baldock) and not at Top Field, Hitchin.  A few good players are on display such as Gyula Kohlami (Hungarian GK who recently trialed with West Ham United), Rachid Rouga (ex Omnisport and Stade Rennais youth), Nuno Carracha (ex Estrela De Amadora Academy midfielder) and Stuart Darbyshire (ex Watford Academy striker) will be on show - so a good chance for a scouting trip for coaches and managers.

Kick-off is at 8 pm.  Post-Code (for those that need it for Sat-Nav) is SG7 5AU and Baldock Railway Station is within walking distance.

http://www.ukfffc.co.uk/club/News/view/772549

I assume it has been cleared by the FA.  :rolleyes: 

Saturday 27th July 2013

Colney Heath v St Albans City (3:00pm)

I notice AUFC have announced a couple more friendlies against SSML teams that you don't have listed:

20 July Leverstock Green v Aylesbury United

31 July AFC Dunstable v Aylesbury United

Friendly Request from AFC Kempston Rovers:

'AFC Kempston Rovers of the United Counties League Premier Division (step 5) require a home pre-season game on Saturday 27th July KO 2 pm. 

The game will take place on our new 3G ATP training pitch. 

For further details email markkennett@hotmail.com.'

St Margaretsbury Pre season fixtures below:

13th July

Sawbridgeworth Town (A)

16th July

TBA @Cheshunt Country Club

20th July

Hertford Heath (A)

23rd July

Welwyn Garden City TBC @CCC

27th July

Bishops Stortford Swifts (A)

30th July

Stansted @CCC

Im currently seeking a team for 16th Jul, if anyone is interested please contact via DM.

Thanks

Edited by monkeymonkey8

Tuesday 23rd July 2013

Harefield United v Beaconsfield SYCOB (7:00pm)

Edited by Savagebee

Tuesday 16th July 2013

Bedford v Bedford Town (7:45pm)

Saturday 13th July 2013

Hanworth Villa v Harefield United (3:00pm)

Edited by Savagebee