Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues 7 (SEVEN) AFC Hornchurch 2

Rich.m

The bottom line is it was a 1st team fixture. Upminster put out the best side their management thought was at their disposal and our management did likewise. The outcome was we totally outplayed them and they were slaughtered 7-2

I very much doubt Upminster will win anything this season, most certainly not the FA Cup and now they have one pot less to chase.

Well of course we are not going to win the FaCup,but i wouldn't turn my nose up at making a few more grand from the competition.Just for that,last nights game has to be worth risking.

Let's face it,our games are usually blood and thunder affairs,or at least the last one was.As far as the players are concerned there is obviously a bit of bad blood there do our manager would in my view been bloody stupid to play the first eleven last night.

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Great result for us and a very exciting performance.

We continue to show that we have some really good depth in the squad, particularly in the attacking areas.

I'm enjoying the football we are trying to play this season and hopefully we can end up with something to show for it at the end.

Roll on Saturday. COYB!

On the evidence of last night it is obvious that Billericay are by far a better club than Hornchurch. We should all just accept that. When Billericay gain promotion at the end of the season and Hornchurch finish in their rightful position of mid-table obscurity, the Billericay fans can claim their rightful bragging rights. I bow down to the mighty Billericay and hope that they don't smash Hornchurch too badly in the league fixture later in the season.

Ha ha.

To be fair they did play really well last night.Was really impressed with the bald fella up top and plenty of pace.It was obvious what team wanted to win more.

No one likes losing 7-2 but if it's going to happen I am glad it was last night and not in December.Having said that,I really wasn't too upset,I went coz it's my team,hoped without being too optimistic that we would win and even remarked to Brightside that we had a better side than I thought we would put out but in reality we was way off the pace from the moment you got the 2nd goal

On the evidence of last night it is obvious that Billericay are by far a better club than Hornchurch. We should all just accept that. When Billericay gain promotion at the end of the season and Hornchurch finish in their rightful position of mid-table obscurity, the Billericay fans can claim their rightful bragging rights. I bow down to the mighty Billericay and hope that they don't smash Hornchurch too badly in the league fixture later in the season.

Good see one Hornchurch fan talking sense!

Really looked forward to last nights match having missed the early game between the two side earlier in the season, and as Eastside says he was hopeful that the Urchins would win because they put out a better side than he'd anticipated,

That said i think the lads that were given the chance to start for us (who would normally be on the bench) gave their all and wanted to show why they should be 1st choice in future games, A nice problem for our manager to have.

I personally like it when Cup of Tea and Eastside come on our forum to stir things up (a bit) it's good honest banter and not slanderous in anyway. Long may it continue.  Glad all the Urchin fans (Bakers dozen i counted) had that nice big flag to keep them company. One of our supporters was going to get one of them a few years ago but it never materialised <---- (dya get it)

Off to Enfield Saturday I'm sure they won't be a soft as the Urchins.

COYB   

Ricay's way better, better burgers, better clubhouse, better beers in the clubhouse and more and better pubs, and better team (and fans - not that I know any Romturd ones)

Shame I can't be joining you lot in Guernsey, loved the place last time I went (the island that is, not the ground or the team)

The comment of "best football seen at this level" is simply one of the most laughable comments I have seen written EVER on a football forum.

I don't normally bother getting involved with forum based arguments, but I'm not letting that one go!  I also don't go on other peoples' forums and pick holes statements.

It was merely my opinion - no it's not my first game at this level.  I've not missed many Billericay games, home and away, all competitions for the last 10 years, so I'm not someone who just crawled off the street.

Over the years we haven't been known for our "good" football.  I have been as critical as anyone else, and thought Tuesday was an opportunity to give credit where it's due.  In my opinion it was as good as any I've seen - yourselves included!  If you don't agree, well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but don't make it sound like I'm a clueless clown.

I don't normally bother getting involved with forum based arguments, but I'm not letting that one go!  I also don't go on other peoples' forums and pick holes statements.

It was merely my opinion - no it's not my first game at this level.  I've not missed many Billericay games, home and away, all competitions for the last 10 years, so I'm not someone who just crawled off the street.

Over the years we haven't been known for our "good" football.  I have been as critical as anyone else, and thought Tuesday was an opportunity to give credit where it's due.  In my opinion it was as good as any I've seen - yourselves included!  If you don't agree, well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but don't make it sound like I'm a clueless clown.

Calm down Coco :D

That was nearly a big a bite as mine yesterday !!

I thought you played well but to say that's as good as you've seen is surely an over reaction,our defending was woeful to say the least,the goalie playing his first game in 18 months didn't exactly look "comfortable"

Rivers

If you had of been to the last two games you would know that Billericays burgers are absolutely awful,sorry guys but they were the worst burgers I have tasted in a long long time.

Chips were nice though